Can Luepke do more?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Meh...MM had way more talent than Washington and the NYG. There is a free four wins every one of those years.

Playoff teams have been showing Mike what is up the it matters.
Cool story.

But from where I'm standing I see McCarthy as one of the most successful head coaches of his era. Just as successful as fan favorite (except when he was here) Sean Payton has ever been.

Pretty good for a low IQ moron.

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
Cool. We won 12 games three straight years with a low IQ head coach.
12 games means nothing if you can’t beat any good teams and advance to the playoffs. He lost twice against the same team and the other one was a complete disaster, but if you think that’s enough, then don’t complain whenever the team gets outplayed and embarrassed when it matters.

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
Meh...MM had way more talent than Washington and the NYG. There is a free four wins every one of those years.

Playoff teams have been showing Mike what is up the it matters.
We like our 12 wins and 1 playoff appearance. This fanbase is as mediocre as the team. Almost 30 years of nothing and these people defending mediocrity.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
See the issue I take is folks like you calling it hate.

Hate? Why is it hate? I liked Zeke. He was great when he was in his prime.

But it’s over now. He’s too old and slow and worn down. He doesn’t belong on an NFL roster anymore. I don’t say that because I hate Zeke. I say that because it’s the truth. It happens to every athlete eventually. Age is undefeated.

Zeke is cooked and sucks now.

You and Jazz are just clinging to my comment about nobody else would sign him because it’s the only argument you have now. Because you can’t argue on the merits that Zeke is actually bringing anything to the team except maybe blocking and some
Short yardage Which is something Luepke or other backs can do anyway. If the front office actually would have gone out and gotten one that could play this off season.
They reached out and went for Zeke because they were desperate. They gave all the pie to Dak and CeeDee and Zeke was cheap. You're right, Zeke at one time was indeed great! But no longer, that's why he was cheap. If he was still great, he wouldn't be cheap. That's not hate, it's just the way it is.

T-RO

Reaction score
Lots of wrong ideas about Luepke around here.

-He was a running back in college not a blocking back. I'm still not convinced he's a good blocker, but might become one. A true fullback that can lead into the hole? I don't think we've seen great evidence for that so far.
-There is no comparison to him and Alstott. He's not running over multiple defenders. He's not Uber-power from what I see.
-He runs way better than Moose and can be a legit middle field target in passing, which Moose could never do in his dreams
-His value in special teams is way under-appreciated. The guy had 3 ST tackles this past game alone.

I see a guy who can play a little RB, FB...but might best be a tight end receiving threat. That plus elite ST play makes him very valuable.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Look, down on the field! Is it a cheetah, is it a rhino or is it a kangaroo? No, it's Wild Life Luepke!

Cmac

Reaction score
No, keep Zeke, he had some decent runs. Yes, Leupke should get more touches. But take them away from Deuce.
Couldn't agree more.....not sure why people think Zeke is the problem, other than hate or failing to realize the issues......play calling, RB rotations, and perhaps failure to use Lupeke in a blocking mode (I formation) more. We're too pass happy with an OL like ours right now, and an 2nd WR standing out consistently to help the passing game. Lupeke is playing well.

Cmac

Reaction score
Lots of wrong ideas about Luepke around here.

-He was a running back in college not a blocking back. I'm still not convinced he's a good blocker, but might become one. A true fullback that can lead into the hole? I don't think we've seen great evidence for that so far.
-There is no comparison to him and Alstott. He's not running over multiple defenders. He's not Uber-power from what I see.
-He runs way better than Moose and can be a legit middle field target in passing, which Moose could never do in his dreams
-His value in special teams is way under-appreciated. The guy had 3 ST tackles this past game alone.

I see a guy who can play a little RB, FB...but might best be a tight end receiving threat. That plus elite ST play makes him very valuable.
Maybe I have a wrong idea about Luepke blocking.......can we try? Too many times our RBs are getting contact behind the line of scrimmage, and we're all being distracted with Zeke this/Zeke that as the problem, and Rico and Deuce. They are our RB group that is lower tier, so let's do something. Cooks will soon get his chance, and we'll find he can't get yardage, as well. I just think our OL needs a lead blocker in the backfield.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
YES!

There are more players than him that could. McCarthy is killing this team. I can't wait for him to be fired.
For better or for worse, he's married to that old conventional West Coast offense. He opened things up a bit after the bye week last year, which made a difference, so hopefully he does the same this season.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe I have a wrong idea about Luepke blocking.......can we try? Too many times our RBs are getting contact behind the line of scrimmage, and we're all being distracted with Zeke this/Zeke that as the problem, and Rico and Deuce. They are our RB group that is lower tier, so let's do something. Cooks will soon get his chance, and we'll find he can't get yardage, as well. I just think our OL needs a lead blocker in the backfield.
Our o line needs some o line blockers.

When do we see o line 5 yards upfield looking for someone to pancake? That's when the rbs can destroy.

Instead we get stymied or worse backed into the handoff.

T-RO

Reaction score
I just think our OL needs a lead blocker in the backfield.
Kellen Moore had success using an offensive lineman as a lead blocker...a pseudo fullback. Jim Harbaugh and others are doing the same.

Luepke hasn't rated well as a run blocker, and I'm not sure how often he's even asked to do it. (I can't fairly comment about his pass protection...don't know).