Can LVE turn things around

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
He played average and that is an accomplishment. Yet we hold our breath wondering when his neck or other approve go out.
Not worth the roster spot when younger, cheaper are out there.
No internet outside of your 30 minute timed schedule please. Would hate to see you thrown in the cell

lonestar2288

Reaction score
I was one of the few who liked taking LVE over a WR in the 2018 draft. Great rookie yr, injury riddled the 2 yrs after that. His play this yr hasn't been bad necessarily, but not what his 1st season promised. I'd like to see him return on a team friendly deal, but I won't be surprised/hurt if he doesn't

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
IMO, LVE needs to develop quickly, or Dallas needs to get a stud MLB that can stack and shed as well as cover the middle zone or Dallas needs to be looking for one to draft highly in the next draft.

MLB is one weakness that Dallas needs to look to improve on if they want to get to the elite level.
I haven't seen enough of Gifford or Bernard to have a real opinion on them yet due to injuries and lack of playing time.

I don't if I could give enough likes to this comment. This defence is in need of someone like Sean Lee with the durability of an ox, and the neck like one, to take on the ugly assignments.

The concern I have is that LVE has an issue he is aware of. We don't know the whole story, but if he can't be useful in the positions we have available we are gogn to end up with a lot of hybrid LB clones and not enough tough guys in the middle which we desperately need in the latter stages of the season in bad weather when running and defending the run is important.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Can he turn things around for himself? He's been on a downward spiral since his rookie season. He's only 24 years old and I guess is finally healthy. What has been his problem besides injuries? To me he seems a little timid out there and it's taking him too long to react. He was shooting gaps a lot quicker as a rookie and looked much faster side line to side line. Has he lost his speed and quickness? Is there any hope for this guy still?

The most likely explanation is that the neck injury took something out of him that hasn't come back. Neck tightness probably affects your balance and fluidity.

If it's not the neck, it's kind of a mystery. He came to us young and with very limited experience. The inexperience alone should have meant gradual and steady improvement as he gained experience.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I don't if I could give enough likes to this comment. This defence is in need of someone like Sean Lee with the durability of an ox, and the neck like one, to take on the ugly assignments.

The concern I have is that LVE has an issue he is aware of. We don't know the whole story, but if he can't be useful in the positions we have available we are gogn to end up with a lot of hybrid LB clones and not enough tough guys in the middle which we desperately need in the latter stages of the season in bad weather when running and defending the run is important.

Parsons is our tough guy in the middle. If he can stay healthy, he'll have a monster of a career. Though he has tons of speed and athleticism, he's still a work in progress in coverage. Pairing him with more of a coverage LB will make sense for a while.

Looks like the NFL is tending toward coverage LBs anyway. The sweet spot is between Box S and Coverage LB for the back 7. For Nickel, that pairing spreads out the run/pass responsibilities and talents between two players, instead of having the LB do run and the nickel CB do coverage. That's certainly where we seem to be heading.

jnday

Reaction score
The most likely explanation is that the neck injury took something out of him that hasn't come back. Neck tightness probably affects your balance and fluidity.

If it's not the neck, it's kind of a mystery. He came to us young and with very limited experience. The inexperience alone should have meant gradual and steady improvement as he gained experience.
I have had several neck surgeries and it’s probably a combination of physical and mental limitations. Depending on which surgery that he had, he may never recover.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Parsons is our tough guy in the middle. If he can stay healthy, he'll have a monster of a career. Though he has tons of speed and athleticism, he's still a work in progress in coverage. Pairing him with more of a coverage LB will make sense for a while.

Looks like the NFL is tending toward coverage LBs anyway. The sweet spot is between Box S and Coverage LB for the back 7. For Nickel, that pairing spreads out the run/pass responsibilities and talents between two players, instead of having the LB do run and the nickel CB do coverage. That's certainly where we seem to be heading.

Anything Parsons gives this team as a pure LB should just be viewed as a added bonus. He’s a pass rusher. Let him rush the passer. This linebacker side show just helps the opposing offense.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score

I think this will be played out in the next few season, but I wonder if the Cowboys will slot him into the MLB spot when he has shown a knack for being that hybrid LB/DE. His ability to disrupt the QB may be too tempting in a QB driven league. I see shades of a WOLB type of role for Parsons while he is younger, and settling into what is sustainable.

Is he a way better version of Cameron Wake? We hear whispers about the next Lawrence Taylor. I am hesitant right now because Taylor was unbelievable. Even on cocaine and crack during the 1985 season.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
IMO... He will play good enough for another contract we don't want to match.

Probably the same thing for his draft mates Michael Gallup, Cedrick Wilson and Connor Williams, unless we can fit a 3rd receiver around Coop's paycheck and Ceedee's impending payday. I'm just assuming McGovern will get a shot at Williams position.

Next year we'll have nothing to show for that 2018 draft.

I take that back, we'll have a decent TE to show for it. Dalton's price is going to go up if he keeps playing well, but he's not Witten money, and I would think the Cowboys might consider cutting Jarwin if it's too much to keep both.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Can he turn things around for himself? He's been on a downward spiral since his rookie season. He's only 24 years old and I guess is finally healthy. What has been his problem besides injuries? To me he seems a little timid out there and it's taking him too long to react. He was shooting gaps a lot quicker as a rookie and looked much faster side line to side line. Has he lost his speed and quickness? Is there any hope for this guy still?
Played decent today?

John813

Reaction score
Thought he looked decent and had a tfl. Missed some of the 2nd half on defense though

AKATheRake

Reaction score
LVE looked a lot better near the end of today’s game.

Made a nice tackle and is his wolf hunter howl. Might be a good thing, he needs to get his dawg and hunt back into him.

If he gets his intensity back he’s a player.