Can MM take advantage of the offensive line road graders we now have?

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
I was scratching my head on the play on the 3 yard line and Lance needed one yard for a first down and MM has him throw an incomplete pass into the end zone.

That’s two tight ends and Leupke or Elliott time for the OL to impose its will and either a 1st down or TD. That’s the kind of play you pound the rock show the line dominance.

I know neither Leupke or Elliott played but regular season with Dak and full roster that’s a run down .
if the goal was to win the game, yep. but that was not the goal. they wanted to see Lance under pressure as many times as possible. get ready for the same thing in the next preseason game.

CWR

Reaction score
Eventual starters:

LT - Tyler Guyton 6’7” 322lbs
LG - Tyler Smith 6’6” 332lbs
C - Cooper Beebe 6’4” 335lbs
RG - Zack Martin 6’4” 315lbs
RT - Terrance Steele 6’6” 310lbs]

This screams physical running game which is must to reach the SB. Yeah I know someone will say “well look at this team that did it without a running game”. But they got there because they had a running game. MM’s talked about must run the ball in the past. Well, now he has the horses to do it. Will he? I sure hope so.
It makes sense having backs like Zeke and a 240lb Royce Freeman with these road graders. Maybe their plan is to be more physical. One thing they said that wasn't different about this draft class was how big and physical most of the rookie class actually is. Physicality/toughness has been lacking on this team and shows up too often when we get hit in the mouth by the 9ers of the world. Maybe these guys, and Zimmer change that. It sure would be nice. On the other side of the coin when I think of MM I think of smaller pass catching backs like Aaron Jones. Pretty sure he did have success with Eddie Lacy before he ate himself out of the league though.

Havic

Reaction score
And a bunched of washed up or no name backs behind these road graders. Rb has to be addressed next year.

SBWinner

Reaction score
Beebe isn't a center....He's miles away from knowing what to do. He either was flat footed not knowing what to do....looking around....or was just doing nothing. It takes years to learn all the communication it takes to pick up stunts...and he looked clueless when it came to getting everyone on the same page. Hate to say it....but this team needs a vet center....because I'm not buying the Hoffman media hype.
I think you may change your opinion on that sooner than you think.

Not all of the stunts were his fault, but yes he needs to work on them. He is playing a different position which requires a different awareness and practice in picking up the line movements, but by all accounts he is smart enough to do it. And now he is getting first team reps.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I may have missed something, is Beebe the #1 OC now?
Just because he's getting #1 snaps and practice now doesn't make him the number one this is a coach allowing both players equal play time with the starters to see what they look like it's an open competition between him and Hoffman which in the end is great for the team because both players are that close both are very good now you got a guard center combo one's gonna start once a great backup that can swing through both those positions in my opinion you add in bass etcetera that's a good problem to have..

Right now for me it's I'm really worried about the tackles because you have a rookie which is impressive but he's still a rookie at left tackle you have steel who looks like he's still struggling at right tackle now you have a Edoga with a toe injury..

I'm uncomfortable using another young unproven guy as a swing tackle we need to bring in a veteran swing tackle of some sort someone just to stabilize the swing tackle spot in case it goes full Chaz green..ughh

blueblood70

Reaction score
We need to upgrade our running backs
no we don't, NOT YET can we actually go into these games real games with actual game plans and the actual starting group play and then give them four or five games let's see what they got if not you can get one of these dudes off the street anytime...

that's the whole point of this conversation if the offensive line does its job and they open holes this group the best of this group and by the way don't underestimate Rico if he stays healthy, he's going to have a very solid back..​
They have a good group to use running back by committee... I don't want to hear the nonsense when Kansas City can use a seventh-round draft pick and you're worried about because we don't have any big names outside of Zeke on the line you don't need big names you need production if you can open some holes and draw up some plays and use the right guy in the right situation running back by committee can work...​

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly. It’s got to be balanced. They HAVE to show the ability to run the ball when they really need to. It’s crucial.
:muttley:And with a Raven 2000 defense, we don't even need a 60 million $ QB heck just go with Rush.
These rooks haven't faced a real starting NFL def-line yet and you got the homerism at full swing Rocky.
I presume Zeke will also be in 2016 form.
Homer Simpson eat your heart out, baby!!!

btgboys41

Reaction score
320 +/- pounds per lineman does not equal road graders. Unless the team gets a blood transfusion and mentally commits to and decides to dominate, the run game won’t be able to crack an eggshell. Again.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Eventual starters:

LT - Tyler Guyton 6’7” 322lbs
LG - Tyler Smith 6’6” 332lbs
C - Cooper Beebe 6’4” 335lbs
RG - Zack Martin 6’4” 315lbs
RT - Terrance Steele 6’6” 310lbs]

This screams physical running game which is must to reach the SB. Yeah I know someone will say “well look at this team that did it without a running game”. But they got there because they had a running game. MM’s talked about must run the ball in the past. Well, now he has the horses to do it. Will he? I sure hope so.
Yo Rock! Yeah I think our running game will surprise many doubters. Hopefully Zeke is taking his last chance seriously and has taken better care of his body than previous years. All these so-called fans hoping and predicting a below 500. season are going to be really upset because I don't see a drop off. GO COWBOYS!

OORAH!! *salutes*

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Beebe isn't a center....He's miles away from knowing what to do. He either was flat footed not knowing what to do....looking around....or was just doing nothing. It takes years to learn all the communication it takes to pick up stunts...and he looked clueless when it came to getting everyone on the same page. Hate to say it....but this team needs a vet center....because I'm not buying the Hoffman media hype.
:laugh: :facepalm:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sure would be nice if they had a good…… what’s the word……. Oh yeah. Running back. To run the football behind that line.

The offensive line itself looks very promising though.
Rico can feast behind that line as long as he stays healthy.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yo Rock! Yeah I think our running game will surprise many doubters. Hopefully Zeke is taking his last chance seriously and has taken better care of his body than previous years. All these so-called fans hoping and predicting a below 500. season are going to be really upset because I don't see a drop off. GO COWBOYS!

OORAH!! *salutes*

Van Halen Rocks!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I was scratching my head on the play on the 3 yard line and Lance needed one yard for a first down and MM has him throw an incomplete pass into the end zone.

That’s two tight ends and Leupke or Elliott time for the OL to impose its will and either a 1st down or TD. That’s the kind of play you pound the rock show the line dominance.

I know neither Leupke or Elliott played but regular season with Dak and full roster that’s a run down .
MM said he blew that call.