Can MM take advantage of the offensive line road graders we now have?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It makes sense having backs like Zeke and a 240lb Royce Freeman with these road graders. Maybe their plan is to be more physical. One thing they said that wasn't different about this draft class was how big and physical most of the rookie class actually is. Physicality/toughness has been lacking on this team and shows up too often when we get hit in the mouth by the 9ers of the world. Maybe these guys, and Zimmer change that. It sure would be nice. On the other side of the coin when I think of MM I think of smaller pass catching backs like Aaron Jones. Pretty sure he did have success with Eddie Lacy before he ate himself out of the league though.
Can’t wait so see some off tackle runs to the left and some counters.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
:muttley:And with a Raven 2000 defense, we don't even need a 60 million $ QB heck just go with Rush.
These rooks haven't faced a real starting NFL def-line yet and you got the homerism at full swing Rocky.
I presume Zeke will also be in 2016 form.
Homer Simpson eat your heart out, baby!!!
Go away Troll. No one wants you here.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
320 +/- pounds per lineman does not equal road graders. Unless the team gets a blood transfusion and mentally commits to and decides to dominate, the run game won’t be able to crack an eggshell. Again.
Exactly. MM must commit to the running game or 320 lb lineman with Jordan athleticism will make hardly no difference. Can’t be 1 dimensional.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Beebe isn't a center....He's miles away from knowing what to do. He either was flat footed not knowing what to do....looking around....or was just doing nothing. It takes years to learn all the communication it takes to pick up stunts...and he looked clueless when it came to getting everyone on the same page. Hate to say it....but this team needs a vet center....because I'm not buying the Hoffman media hype.
Are you the same guy that said Guyton isn't a LT? It will take him years to learn how to play on the left side.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hope we see a better scheme/play calling on offense this year. I like our line, but they have to be used correctly.

btgboys41

Reaction score
Exactly. MM must commit to the running game or 320 lb lineman with Jordan athleticism will make hardly no difference. Can’t be 1 dimensional.
You’ve been in that one for a while to your credit. I totally agree.

Texasfootball21

Reaction score
Hopefully these "road graders" will earn a nickname one day. Much like the "Great Wall of Dallas"
The perfect unit...

RonWashington

Reaction score
if the goal was to win the game, yep. but that was not the goal. they wanted to see Lance under pressure as many times as possible. get ready for the same thing in the next preseason game.

I hear you . It’s just my mentality to pound the ball in that situation . Let’s see the younger big OL clear brush at the ranch for Dowdle or Zeke , Leupke.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I see a few problems with the horses idea:

1. We do not employ an RB that can take advantage of this. Oh, the days when our QB records were so impressive when our backs ran for 100 yards. Who on earth can do this for us in 2024? If Rico iso ur answer, can we trust him to stay healthy and carry the workload. Jerry and his son blew so many chances of bringing in a back it almost makes beefing up the line a non-story

2. I don't trust MM to call a balanced game. He will be put to task to prove the contract Lamb is about to sign, was worth it

3. Dak could be playing for his next payday, can we trust him to be effective with a balanced offence with no go-to in the backfield? I am confident that our short yardage struggles with vastly improve though

Still, question marks, and the clear elephant in the room is that we have to see how these horses line up against 1st Team D's before we go crazy

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Eventual starters:

LT - Tyler Guyton 6’7” 322lbs
LG - Tyler Smith 6’6” 332lbs
C - Cooper Beebe 6’4” 335lbs
RG - Zack Martin 6’4” 315lbs
RT - Terrance Steele 6’6” 310lbs]

This screams physical running game which is must to reach the SB. Yeah I know someone will say “well look at this team that did it without a running game”. But they got there because they had a running game. MM’s talked about must run the ball in the past. Well, now he has the horses to do it. Will he? I sure hope so.
Two of these guys never played a single snap in an NFL regular season game and you’re anointing the group “road graders”. Guyton and Beebe are more likely to earn a living on a highway construction crew than go to the HoF, but that still doesn’t make them road graders. Typical preseason wishful thinking. It’s also nonsense.