Twitter: Can Nahson Wright be a 2021 starter?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I know may sound crazy but it's not as much a reach as we think. Remember former Cowboy legend, Everson Walls? All he did was made plays from day one. He had instincts, moxie, and other intangibles never showed on his scouting report but he balled big-time when it counted.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...s-nahshon-wright-2021-nfl-draft-oregon-state/

Notice this from the article .........in other words, what we are seeing this kid now isn't luck. He's always made plays once he's on the field. Brugler gave him 7th round/priority FA grade. No idea about his grade, but we are seeing the play-making skills in practice so far. Honestly, don't be surprised THIS KID starts opposite Diggs instead of Joesph.

Wright bounced around to begin his college career before finding his way to the Beavers. Playing just 18 games in his collegiate career, Wright led the team in interceptions and passes defensed during his two seasons.

Carson

Reaction score
What’s ironic is, the pick we all hated the most and thought was a reach is balling out.

Kid could have the biggest impact for us on defense for rookies (outside of Parsons obviously) and is turning heads.

Some kids take longer to make it all click. Hopefully it’s all clicking now.

Of course he could start.

We have Diggs and a bunch of guys. Whoever steps up is going to get that outside spot.
It’ll be Brown outside and Lewis inside. Quinn will trust the vets to start

fivetwos

Reaction score
It may take an injury or two in camp, but it's possible.

People should feel free about wishing Wright well, but I don't think any of us want to see him against Brady in the opener.

Gotta use experienced DBs and hope they can pressure Brady somehow.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I know may sound crazy but it's not as much a reach as we think. Remember former Cowboy legend, Everson Walls? All he did was made plays from day one. He had instincts, moxie, and other intangibles never showed on his scouting report but he balled big-time when.

Wright bounced around to begin his college career before finding his way to the Beavers. Playing just 18 games in his collegiate career, Wright led the team in interceptions and passes defensed during his two seasons.

Come on! Let him play at least a preseason game or two against some level of competition before jumping to conclusions, we havent seen him in contact drills yet too ! He has a very light frame and see if he can hold up against physical players.

Mannix

Reaction score
-----At some point - yes. But a better bet would be week one 2022.

Especially since Nolan Carroll is still out there to be signed.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I could start at CB. Doesn't mean I'd be good at it.

Would he be starting because of talent or because we don't have many good options?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Come on! Let him play at least a preseason game or two against some level of competition before jumping to conclusions, we havent seen him in contact drills yet too ! He has a very light frame and see if he can hold up against physical players.

First, it's why I ask the question but many have already penciled Joseph the starter opposite Diggs obviously coz draft grade. I'm simply saying so far this kid is translating the playmaking from college. BTW.....practicing against our own WRS is a pretty decent test.

John813

Reaction score
It's possible, but it's not like we have some legit set in stone starters in front of him.

We got a serviceable guy in Brown and then Diggs who had a down then up season his rookie year on the outside.

Both guys have hardly secured their respective starting roles.

Unless he balls out in TC/PS I think we rock Brown/Diggs to start but Brown will have a shorter leash at starting on the outside

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Well, let put it another way.......Diggs started week one as a rookie. He was drafted only around ahead of Wright and correct me if I'm wrong but don't recall him making more plays in practice and/or camp than we've seen or heard from Wright.

Proof

Reaction score

what conclusion did he jump to by saying it’s a long shot but he might be better than we thought lol. why’s everyone always so quick to pump the breaks?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It's possible, but it's not like we have some legit set in stone starters in front of him.

We got a serviceable guy in Brown and then Diggs who had a down then up season his rookie year on the outside.

Both guys have hardly secured their respective starting roles.

Unless he balls out in TC/PS I think we rock Brown/Diggs to start but Brown will have a shorter leash at starting on the outside

I agree John......all I'm saying if this kid continues making plays through the rest of training camp and preseason, he should be on the field starting with Diggs, NOT Brown.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I know may sound crazy but it's not as much a reach as we think. Remember former Cowboy legend, Everson Walls? All he did was made plays from day one. He had instincts, moxie, and other intangibles never showed on his scouting report but he balled big-time when it counted.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...s-nahshon-wright-2021-nfl-draft-oregon-state/

Notice this from the article .........in other words, what we are seeing this kid now isn't luck. He's always made plays once he's on the field. Brugler gave him 7th round/priority FA grade. No idea about his grade, but we are seeing the play-making skills in practice so far. Honestly, don't be surprised THIS KID starts opposite Diggs instead of Joesph.

Brown, Diggs, and Lewis are the top three.

Money plays. Brown and Lewis are being paid millions this year.

Everyone else is fighting for Dime/Nick packages.