Twitter: Can Nahson Wright be a 2021 starter?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I agree John......all I'm saying if this kid continues making plays through the rest of training camp and preseason, he should be on the field starting with Diggs, NOT Brown.

What plays has he made?

joseph would have to completely bomb.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Brown, Diggs, and Lewis are the top three.

Money plays. Brown and Lewis are being paid millions this year.

Everyone else is fighting for Dime/Nick packages.
Nope……Joseph is the favorite to start opposite diggs.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I agree, Wright caught some attention in the OTA and now he has to finish the deal and keep those eyes on him through out camp and pre season. As far as I'm concered the draft is over and I really do not care where any player was drafted it is now that counts and it is
time to go out and prove it. Wright has to earn it just like any player on this team.
OTA’s :lmao::lmao2:

gotta love these OTA homers.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well, let put it another way.......Diggs started week one as a rookie. He was drafted only around ahead of Wright and correct me if I'm wrong but don't recall him making more plays in practice and/or camp than we've seen or heard from Wright.
What plays has wright made?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think there is a possibility Brown gets traded in preseason if either Bossman or Wright are playing like they should be in the top 3

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's possible, but it's not like we have some legit set in stone starters in front of him.

We got a serviceable guy in Brown and then Diggs who had a down then up season his rookie year on the outside.

Both guys have hardly secured their respective starting roles.

Unless he balls out in TC/PS I think we rock Brown/Diggs to start but Brown will have a shorter leash at starting on the outside

did you forget we took a corner with our 2nd pick?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’ll take that bet
It's not a prediction. Im stating there is a possibility Brown could be traded if one of the rookies can play their way into a starting spot. Brown is more likely than Lewis because Lewis is owed guarenteed money

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's not a prediction. Im stating there is a possibility Brown could be traded if one of the rookies can play their way into a starting spot. Brown is more likely than Lewis because Lewis is owed guarenteed money
Is this a 1 in a million thing type possibility?

makes no sense to trade him. For what? He is one of the only veteran corners on the team.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Wright has no lack of confidence in his ability and really it falls to him to go out and prove it, he seems to feel as if he is a more athletic and agile version of Richard Sherman, now go out and prove it. As for Joseph he is in the same boat he is a young player who will need to go out and prove himself. Personally I hope to see both guys showing they belong in the NFL and are guys capable of going out and making plays to help this team. That is a good problem to have. I don't make any claims of what these guys can or can't do, frankly no one knows.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
ridiculous. He’s a trusted veteran that they know can hold his own.

What do you think you could get?

you need lots of corners.
3 CB's play real snaps. Your 4th plays less than 25% unless there is an injury. If one of the rookies works their way into the the top 3, then we are paying 1 of the vets a non rookie wage to play less than 25% of the snaps. No thanks. Both vets are mediocre and no real loss, but because Brown has starting experience he could probably get a 5th or a 6th. Which I'd take for him

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Seahawks Sherman finished his rookie season in 2011 with 55 combined tackles (47 solo), 14 pass deflections, four interceptions, and a forced fumble in 16 games and ten starts. Sherman was selected to the 2011 PFW All-Rookie Team and led all rookies with 17 pass deflections and four interceptions.

If Sherman could do it as a 5th rounder, I don't see why Wright also can't put up equal numbers.