Twitter: Can Nahson Wright be a 2021 starter?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
What makes me smile about all this talk regarding Wright is all based on his work in OTAs for gawd’s sake- in drills while wearing shorts and t-shirts, not pads.
Even worse, it's not like he's getting picks off Dak to CeeDee. They're most likely off DiNucci to WR Camp Body. I'm pretty sure there are people on this board who could get a pick of Ben DiNucci.

Which, again, is what the beat writers never mention or even care about. They're just looking to fill space with any offseason content.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I know may sound crazy but it's not as much a reach as we think. Remember former Cowboy legend, Everson Walls? All he did was made plays from day one. He had instincts, moxie, and other intangibles never showed on his scouting report but he balled big-time when it counted.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...s-nahshon-wright-2021-nfl-draft-oregon-state/

Notice this from the article .........in other words, what we are seeing this kid now isn't luck. He's always made plays once he's on the field. Brugler gave him 7th round/priority FA grade. No idea about his grade, but we are seeing the play-making skills in practice so far. Honestly, don't be surprised THIS KID starts opposite Diggs instead of Joesph.

Wright bounced around to begin his college career before finding his way to the Beavers. Playing just 18 games in his collegiate career, Wright led the team in interceptions and passes defensed during his two seasons.

Even the experts miss one every now and then. There’s no way any of them looked at more than a few minutes of tape on each guy they deemed 3rd round and lower.

Qcard

Reaction score
I know may sound crazy but it's not as much a reach as we think. Remember former Cowboy legend, Everson Walls? All he did was made plays from day one. He had instincts, moxie, and other intangibles never showed on his scouting report but he balled big-time when it counted.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...s-nahshon-wright-2021-nfl-draft-oregon-state/

Notice this from the article .........in other words, what we are seeing this kid now isn't luck. He's always made plays once he's on the field. Brugler gave him 7th round/priority FA grade. No idea about his grade, but we are seeing the play-making skills in practice so far. Honestly, don't be surprised THIS KID starts opposite Diggs instead of Joesph.

Wright bounced around to begin his college career before finding his way to the Beavers. Playing just 18 games in his collegiate career, Wright led the team in interceptions and passes defensed during his two seasons.

:facepalm: I just hope Nahshon's helmet fits.

Did Nahshin line up against anyone close to Amari Cooper's skillset in OTAs and Mini-Camp?

I just hope the 6'4" frame doesn't look like a newborn giraffe when a savvy veterans runs consistent routes.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Still ticks me off to think we could of had Micheal Carter....instead we took this project. He better be the next Brandon Browner.
Thats the pick I was looking hard at right there as well, tough pass for sure.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
:facepalm: I just hope Nahshon's helmet fits.

Did Nahshin line up against anyone close to Amari Cooper's skillset in OTAs and Mini-Camp?

I just hope the 6'4" frame doesn't look like a newborn giraffe when a savvy veterans runs consistent routes.

Considering Quinn will be using a lot of cover 3 that is what Nahson needs to excel in. Most draft prognosticators commented that Nahson would be better off is he was drafted by a team who used cover 3. Having said that he is still a guy who on Pro day the comments where fluid hips in coverage and 4.4 speed. Not bad for a 6'4" guy

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Where can Nahshon Wright thrive?
NFL teams tend to be hesitant when investing resources in taller cornerbacks, and there’s a reason for that. Taller cornerbacks are often less fluid, and can’t always stick to receivers in coverage. However, Wright offers enough of a length-athleticism combination to earn interest.

The Oregon State cornerback has flashed in Cover 3 alignments, which would make him an especially good developmental fit for teams like the Seattle Seahawks, Las Vegas Raiders, and the Indianapolis Colts late. But other teams like the Carolina Panthers, New York Jets, and San Francisco 49ers, could also present matches.

Nahshon Wright is more of a projection than most in the NFL Draft. He has to add weight, and when he does, questions will persist about his remaining athletic capacity. Will he have the same explosiveness and fluidity? Will he still be versatile? Ultimately, with the disruption potential that his length already provides, that’s an investment that’s easy to make with a late-round pick.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/...profile-oregon-state-cornerback/?nowprocket=1

PFN-Navigation.png

[URL='https://trends.revcontent.com/click.php?d=fZgO%2FczY1tLIszY8meOwDF5VnYXT5Rj9GqCWafqXbUo6sY9CZJ0AVKlf2wxrHQQFASt9Iqt26Zh5sSJxGCIstoIqmU0%2B59kB4QN5cjLgmbgtlHEeWjjwSZwpQzzCZ2eJMkRK4EKkIyzBqvytAt0vdfDeYUQRIOiItOnQSF6IJuw2wL%2BFvPTNJpfKZTF51%2FyvrkkyTD3kFr7ZZGX0MVfDJXS0B8exSqT1TrEm%2BnrS9iLZTViyN%2BaaWf5IJlwRuBQvIEyb%2FXSbx4fZfsEvUPWL9rA7T5BIwLjYKylOXi%2BqlrA6GUTpY4I%2FxZnI6ppcXUT8cKGMgKam4RjvR9FUmT3q6HbHA%2BslTFsqWqZeDiDMnHxBFPp01y%2FHXtYWG7DKXXkUQ%2Foe1mhVSipAH7e%2B99%2FxOqpHKqAr6AnCe7jdENTsHJd636n%2F5NB3FOELOoGBqcaA18ozMHI1FXQ%2FYO5K0PeRt1K%2BjZXjT28FF8RjNpw%2BwtVDyCq0zb3N2fcZuWq4Lk17Q%2BdSUwJo49ZWvXxfrgfA0dkn%2FMzA3gizqI7UORHYuW4cHPc%2FprEZzGhfkZsDpqq958AUZG1yGgpIokFrfg5612RaXCvqwPMqlPI7V7I6hIIlDJeXmgbdfFW1DPW3KbAADeoF1ubtFaipnKlYYQz1wg8q3IVy1Q2bnmSYrGYLH3R%2Fol94Cbb9g5CvsO6KdegvVH3C6XlOck0X9uijwLrCK%2Fok3BSkkZBE7Mo4xU2Sl%2FUpjINXEnbfmHSr%2BCFEHWz%2Bs4QDqhc0AQm9KCZ1hVlxF20FzrQA7HyyvkMSHAzXtnUaCYBDq3NkfW3PTnzme1kxDjMq7XLnS9O3hOBTM4WKJhK1EsxgPY6d3hT%2Fp7zRMAI8wZALIpxzHNZkuQpw22k7csJrjZgwzKeolqsJr9sr1mSjQdIWFJaejlLlgTlBmFkDGFp7264BF1%2FCVJgz0ZIU0W4T%2FOn0VGclN6DIJd5A9byyfy4uJexU9982Ooo6rNm8ru0WN1HvYI7GnLXlwpqTG4SXkI8z0CQ4NHCD7gmlUtcktnWaEUn9fg5uTLw%2F10Gz%2FS27h0KZgDdzIG5LFjXxcVhWgnb3S9DgXtthCW%2ByzMNHJczo7RwI461%2B69xYWAqyKsxTy67IMQUuIRdVc7%2BGlAPymzqi7nzpuh24XH7o2Am5lcJgCLwcLdsa6Oj5mFcb%2BQ5LUqJM89M7SPrvoJZBD0BQ0KqrBcUhqY1u85mPDxqeS8%2BIMl%2FkofDbYAAmTOcLVVbl7H3CzUXfQpy19vrHQ8SfWoOhEw0HuBRFFCX3KOLcjmDw%2BeBbFLKpuwSKjxGCdjKWngp7Xqnb4G7eZ3qcmdaDFonjZTkx3iOMavmvWwZdGpOHWpAu1rHBCo57g8acx0Ns7x7EsCW43JsLBiNI%2BTKglVas5KkwiMpeLThpdZfwkB897frG98%2Bxqy%2B4Co3wrT2wK6WY6IroBtb66ORO&s2s=1']
[/URL]

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Wright's athletic profile is super concerning IMO. 6'4" and 4.49 speed is awesome, but his burst and agility are terrible. Very much a lumberer, build up speed kind of guy.

You want your boundary CB to be a high-octane guy who can match up 1v1 with other elite athletes.... Kelvin Joseph is the kind of player who fits that bill.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Wright's athletic profile is super concerning IMO. 6'4" and 4.49 speed is awesome, but his burst and agility are terrible. Very much a lumberer, build up speed kind of guy.

You want your boundary CB to be a high-octane guy who can match up 1v1 with other elite athletes.... Kelvin Joseph is the kind of player who fits that bill.

True if we were operating strictly in a man coverage scheme. While I expect we will be in man at times the vast majority of time will likely be cover 3. That is why guys like Cam Chancellor and Richard Sherman excelled.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Diggs is inked for that position. Wright has to work pretty hard to kick the other 9+ CB's to the curb.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Diggs is inked for that position. Wright has to work pretty hard to kick the other 9+ CB's to the curb.

Yep, he has much to prove but then nothing has come easy for Wright. He was not recruited by any major college football programs, he started at the JUCO ranks, he excelled and got interest from Boise State, San Jose and Hawaii and Oregon State and choose OS and played very well for them. I like the fact this kid does not back down from a challenge or sulk when things do not go his way, instead he fought to get to where he is at. Now he has a major battle ahead of himself and while caught attention from the media at OTA the bulk of the work is less than a month away.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Could be. The more of these draft picks that become real contributors the better.

Qcard

Reaction score
Considering Quinn will be using a lot of cover 3 that is what Nahson needs to excel in. Most draft prognosticators commented that Nahson would be better off is he was drafted by a team who used cover 3. Having said that he is still a guy who on Pro day the comments where fluid hips in coverage and 4.4 speed. Not bad for a 6'4" guy
We'll see