Can Prescott be the main focus of the offense?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Can Prescott be the main focus of the offense. Do we continue a run-heavy Smash Mouth objective. I for one would like to see more balance. Prescott 4th season coming up if he can't take over the offense now

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He is the starting QB, calls the plays, audibles and touches the ball every play. Both Garrett and Moore will run the offense through him. So knowing that, how can he not be the focus of the offense?
Because Ezekiel Elliott seems to be the main focus. We run way more than we pass. .Does he really call the plays . or just execute the plays he's told to call

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They need to build a Baltimore/Chicago/Tampa defense if they want to to to a Super Bowl with Dilfer/Grossman/Johnson.
If you can't get pressure up the middle you cannot win this League

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Both rushing and passing are required.

Dak
Yards 3885
Total TDs 28

Zeke
Rushing Yards 1434
Rushing TDs 6
Imagine yardage different for Prescott if they didn't wait till the fourth quarter to turn him loose. Although I don't believe 400 + yardage games are the best way to go. How many teams lost last season with that theory. I'm actually a fan of dink-and-dunk methodically moving the football. That doesn't mean that's all he's capable of

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Can Prescott be the main focus of the offense. Do we continue a run-heavy Smash Mouth objective. I for one would like to see more balance. Prescott 4th season coming up if he can't take over the offense now

Depends. Can Dak stop panicking in the pocket and survey more than the first option? Moore couldn't fix those issues and got promoted. Now we'll see what Kitna can do. If Dak can improve, he could have a monster season.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Depends. Can Dak stop panicking in the pocket and survey more than the first option? Moore couldn't fix those issues and got promoted. Now we'll see what Kitna can do. If Dak can improve, he could have a monster season.
he stopped panicking once he realized he could win. without the starting center wide receiver and tight end. This is how I look at football. From the first snap all the way into the last snap everything in between is football. It's what you do when you have the ball in your hands last do you win or do you choke. He seems to have 13 fourth quarter wins

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Because Ezekiel Elliott seems to be the main focus. We run way more than we pass. .Does he really call the plays . or just execute the plays he's told to call

How many times does Zeke touch the ball compared to Dak? Who has the greater ability to impact the out come of the game? I'm not arguing for Dak as much as pointing out the QB has a greater impact on the out come of the game than any other position. They have to be the focus of the offense. Sure Zeke gets plenty of attention and has several plays designed around his ability. But the entire offense is built for the QB. Everything from play calling to the type of players that are added to the team is based on the QB.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How many times does Zeke touch the ball compared to Dak? Who has the greater ability to impact the out come of the game? I'm not arguing for Dak as much as pointing out the QB has a greater impact on the out come of the game than any other position. They have to be the focus of the offense. Sure Zeke gets plenty of attention and has several plays designed around his ability. But the entire offense is built for the QB. Everything from play calling to the type of players that are added to the team is based on the QB.
Although I would normally agree with everything you said. This team is built around Smashmouth football. It's not built around Prescott. Yes he touches the ball on every single offensive play.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
he stopped panicking once he realized he could win. without the starting center wide receiver and tight end. This is how I look at football. From the first snap all the way into the last snap everything in between is football. It's what you do when you have the ball in your hands last do you win or do you choke. He seems to have 13 fourth quarter wins

There does seem to be a switch in his head that goes off when we are trailing in the 4th. You can never count us out when he gets in that zone. If he could just stay in it for an entire game.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
With the supporting cast he has, there isn't an excuse for Dak to be less than a top 5 QB.
I'm wondering because we have the youngest starting defense in the league. If they were afraid to score to fast and leave the defense out there too long. I can't wait to see more balance innovation I trust in Prescott

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There does seem to be a switch in his head that goes off when we are trailing in the 4th. You can never count us out when he gets in that zone. If he could just stay in it for an entire game.
I don't think a quarterback should feel like he has to get in a rhythm like a running back does but it seems to be the pattern with Prescott

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That is not true.
It seems like we do I would like to know the exact statistic. It seems like we run two plays and pass one. I imagine maybe fourth-quarter makes up for it. But I definitely want to see more balanced and innovation

Kaiser

Reaction score
Depends. Can Dak stop panicking in the pocket and survey more than the first option?

Its funny how Dak only panics after the pocket breaks down in two seconds, before he can read his second option.

Dallas gave up half as many sacks in 2017 as 2018, even with the Atlanta debacle with Chaz Green giving up five sacks in a half. Dak is part of the issue, but not the biggest part.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't know if I feel different about this than most. I think it's Prescott intermediate past that needs the most work. Over the linebacker before the corner he seems to be fine to me on the short passes. And I think he's better than most realize on the Deep pass. For me it his intermediate past that needs the most work