Can Prescott be the main focus of the offense?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Go back and read the posts. I agree with you. But most of it came in the fourth quarter. And then against Philly and Giants. Make no mistake about it we need more balance throughout the entire game

Most of what came in the 4th quarter? The passing? Even if that’s true, reducing some of the 4th quarter passing still would just get the number of passes down closer to more even with the run, like in 2016 and 2017. It wouldn’t thrust the team into a situatiion where it is running way more than passing.

Them

Reaction score
Depends. Can Dak stop panicking in the pocket and survey more than the first option? Moore couldn't fix those issues and got promoted. Now we'll see what Kitna can do. If Dak can improve, he could have a monster season.

? ..Dak is still young and learning...I think he'll panic less in the pocket when he has places to go quickly with the ball...and the Oline can do a better job of protecting him....IMMHO

Nav22

Reaction score
You didnt fetch the numbers doe. I wonder why :laugh:

Always excuses for this scrub. Dude needs a star receiver and RB to shine and take the pressure off him :lmao2:
“Excuses?”

LOL his career numbers are very good and so is his W/L record. He’s one of the most clutch QBs in football with the game on the line. You’re the one making excuses.

Bottle up your tears of sadness for me when he signs his new deal, will you?

Hadenough

Reaction score
Imagine yardage different for Prescott if they didn't wait till the fourth quarter to turn him loose. Although I don't believe 400 + yardage games are the best way to go. How many teams lost last season with that theory. I'm actually a fan of dink-and-dunk methodically moving the football. That doesn't mean that's all he's capable of
There was a comment made by Beasley complaining about how he doesnt get the ball until the 2 min drill and thats because they arent calling certain plays that its on the QB.
Maybe thats how they need to let Dak play to be even more effective. Stop trying to control the guy and give him the freedom to be whoever he is going to be. I would like to see more of that!

Hadenough

Reaction score
Go back and read the posts. I agree with you. But most of it came in the fourth quarter. And then against Philly and Giants. Make no mistake about it we need more balance throughout the entire game
I'm not sure it's as much about balance as it is about being able to beat a good team with the passing game if needed. Defenses are playing the run so much that Dallas needs to be able to go out and show they can play explosive football with big plays on enough of a consistent basis to force defenses to adjust.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Without reading all posts. Did Prescott take over pre Cooper Even though Dak wins I don’t think he can do it without a great supporting cast.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Without reading all posts. Did Prescott take over pre Cooper Even though Dak wins I don’t think he can do it without a great supporting cast.
I agree with you there! I think that's why most of just want to see confirmation by giving him more options to change the playcalling and read the defense.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Can Prescott be the main focus of the offense. Do we continue a run-heavy Smash Mouth objective. I for one would like to see more balance. Prescott 4th season coming up if he can't take over the offense now

Its his 4th season and he now has lots of weapons, so he needs to be more of the focus. As long as the line pass blocks better then it did last year, I dont see an issue.

But more than anything, the scheme and play calling has to change. If all they are going to call is 7 yard comeback routes across the board, then how great is the passing game really going to be?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I agree with you there! I think that's why most of just want to see confirmation by giving him more options to change the playcalling and read the defense.

We already saw what Prescott can do with weapons. Did it his rookie year.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
He's going to make a lot of "Cowboy fans" eat their own BS this season. Now whether they choose to actually eat crow or make excuses for why the stats are what they are, much like what happened with Romo his entire career, will be completely on them.

Last edited: