Can Prescott be the main focus of the offense?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Prescott can take over the leadership of this team like I think he has. I believe it has more to do with the play-calling that anything else.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't want to see an eight-play drive with Elliot has to take himself out at the most important time. When we get into the red zone. That drives me crazy

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In 2017 it was Graham 10 TD, in 2016 it was Brate and Henry with 8TDs, Graham had 16 TDs over 2016 and 2017
Thank you . I just looked at the statistics the tight end for the Colts. Had the most touchdowns last season

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
When teams fall behind (or take a big lead) in the 4th quarter, they run less (or more) than when they're in their normal offense. Looking at teams' "normal" offense (first three quarters of the game), these are the teams with the highest percentage of plays that were runs.

Run % Qtr 1-3
1 Sea 53.6
2 Buf 49.1
3 Ten 47.9
4 Bal 46.5
5 Hou 45.5
6 NYJ 44.7
7 Car 44.3
8 Jax 44.1
9 SF 43.5
10 Chi 43.4
11 Mia 43.1
12 Was 42.7
13 Ari 42.7
14 Dal 42.6

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Its funny how Dak only panics after the pocket breaks down in two seconds, before he can read his second option.

Dallas gave up half as many sacks in 2017 as 2018, even with the Atlanta debacle with Chaz Green giving up five sacks in a half. Dak is part of the issue, but not the biggest part.

I never said Dak was the whole problem...but, okay.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Stay like we are now. We are a run first team. We will have a healthy O-Line and one of the best RB in the league. Run and play action. Take the shots down field. I hate pass happy. Linehan did it to much. Or at the wrong times.

We will totally fool them and pass 27 straight times. Lol.

Rayman70

Reaction score
why? He doesn't need to be. We have plenty of wealth to spread around offensively. His job is to make the correct read, that simple. He now has the weapons.

Rayman70

Reaction score
and this...Dak is the QB and that of the Dallas Cowboys, so it stands to reason, he is the focal point no matter. He knows this. Its part of the territory.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
why? He doesn't need to be. We have plenty of wealth to spread around offensively. His job is to make the correct read, that simple. He now has the weapons.
Simply because of the longevity for running backs but I want to see balance that's all I'm asking for . an a little innovation. Yeah and middle pass-rush

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I love when they turned Prescott loose in the Giants game . no I don't want to see that every game . I want to see balance but I want to know that are quarterback can win no matter who's on the field behind him .

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Describing it as "panic" is what made me think you were.
I believe he did panic when he realized he lost Jason Witten Dez Bryant and Freddy. LOL I have been a Prescott fan since his first preseason game against Seattle. Actually maybe even before that when Sean Lee said who is this guy LOL. Go Cowboys I no longer have expectations of failure when something goes a little bit backwards

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Can Prescott be the main focus of the offense. Do we continue a run-heavy Smash Mouth objective. I for one would like to see more balance. Prescott 4th season coming up if he can't take over the offense now
Maybe you havent noticed but Prescott is the focus. Yes they run the ball, but when the team needs points the ball is in daks hands not elliots.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
527 passes 439 rushes. I believe that's the statistic. I would not have believed it.
Well some games like the 2nd Philly game and the giants game called for more passing so it doesn't show the entire picture. Go figure those where Daks biggest passing games too

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
I believe when Dak's career is over, he will be regarded as the greatest QB in Cowboy's history....

:popcorn:

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe you havent noticed but Prescott is the focus. Yes they run the ball, but when the team needs points the ball is in daks hands not elliots.
Make no mistake about it I definitely noticed. I am a huge fan of Prescott. From the first snap till the last snap. Everything in between is what is called football. When the ball is in his hands last and we have an opportunity to win. In Prescott I trust

Nav22

Reaction score
Well, let’s see.

We didn’t have Zeke for 1 game last year and Dak was dominant in that game.

Zeke was completely bottled up in the playoff loss and Dak kept us in the game, despite our defense being completely trampled.

Awful news for Dak’s detractors: he’s a stud. Easily a top-10 QB last year post-Cooper trade, like it or not.