Can The NFL Fans Do A No-Show One Week To Send a Message?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timb2

Reaction score
Can we organize this with all the other upset fans of how we are sick and tired of this kneel,hide in the tunnels,fist in the air crap? Do your stupid protest and game to an empty stadium.I believe the NFL will get the message then.

T-RO

Reaction score
I appreciate your views. I know some people who have declared they are shutting their TVs off on Sundays in response.

I don't have a problem if other teams adopt the Cowboys leadership on the situation.

But if not...

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
50/50, the entire country is divided on everything...

John813

Reaction score
I, for one, will not watch the game on TV this weekend!

Cause it's not being shown in S Fl.
Got to find a stream.

As for the fans going, I doubt a majority of fans who bought tickets will not show. And then the majority of fans upset, would probably just sell the tickets on a 3rd party website like Stubhub, to recoup some money that they spent on the tickets.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Can we organize this with all the other upset fans of how we are sick and tired of this kneel,hide in the tunnels,fist in the air crap? Do your stupid protest and game to an empty stadium.I believe the NFL will get the message then.
first, everyone has to feel the way you do.
many simply don't care and ignore it. they will still go and likely be glad you're NOT there making the lines to important places like beer and restrooms longer.

maybe put up a billboard in protest. that always worked in the past.

visionary

Reaction score

Let's do this
All fans who want to boycott NFL games can offer up their tickets to fans who want to kneel or raise their fist (or other "crap" like that) and let's see if the stadium is empty

How about that?

Please stop assuming everyone agrees with you

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
first, everyone has to feel the way you do.
many simply don't care and ignore it. they will still go and likely be glad you're NOT there making the lines to important places like beer and restrooms longer.

maybe put up a billboard in protest. that always worked in the past.

:muttley:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People as a whole only stop doing things as they lose interest in them. With most "I'm not buying, using, watching, etc." protests, for every person who does actually stop, there's at least one new person curious about what's going on or that supports or favors the change that person who left was against, so they replace them, which masks and negates any intended action.

In the end, intentional changes of interests rarely last and, even when they do, they rarely have an effect. What actually does impact things is people permanently losing interest in something as it changes into something they don't like. However, that is rarely an abrupt process, but rather one that happens over time without much notice until one day, people realize they aren't watching or doing something any more they used to do regularly.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
People as a whole only stop doing things as they lose interest in them. With most "I'm not buying, using, watching, etc." protests, for every person who does actually stop, there's at least one new person curious about what's going on or that supports or favors the change that person who left was against, so they replace them, which masks and negates any intended action.

In the end, intentional changes of interests rarely last and, even when they do, they rarely have an effect. What actually does impact things is people permanently losing interest in something as it changes into something they don't like. However, that is rarely an abrupt process, but rather one that happens over time without much notice until one day, people realize they aren't watching or doing something any more they used to do regularly.

Yup...it has to be a lopsided issue for it to have any effect.

See: Chick Fil A CEO anti-homosexual comments protest...they broke every sales record known.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Can they?

Yes.

Will they?

No.

If you really want to put a stop to this you need to specifically target the sponsors.

Growing up listening to Howard Stern he would routinely tell the audience that the ratings were not good enough because of the protesters against him. He would tell his audience to vigorously support his sponsors and if a sponsor decided to cave to protesters and stop sponsoring Stern, he would tell his listeners the sponsor that caved and where they can contact that former sponsor and tell them they were going to boycott their product.

That’s what so many Don Imus supporters never understood. Imus was fired because he was a low rating radio show that in spite of his low ratings, had mainstream sponsors willing to pay top $ to sponsor the show. When Al Sharpton went after the sponsors and the sponsors caved Imus had no way for money to come and thus was fired.

The owners, players and league office probably are not threatened by people burning their tickets. There will always be somebody there to buy them up. And I don’t think they care one iota about people burning their jerseys. Personally, I’m all for it but I think the reality is that the people involved in the NFL are probably sitting at their office laughing at it.

But when you go after their sponsors now you have a far greater and more widespread impact. Now you’re talking about shareholders, vendors, business partnerships, etc. that are all impacted.

It was something that Stern understood. Ratings...like attendance figures...only pull so much weight. But once you either positively impact or negatively impact sponsors (or if that's the perception)...that will decide most everything.

YR

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Let's do this
All fans who want to boycott NFL games can offer up their tickets to fans who want to kneel or raise their fist (or other "crap" like that) and let's see if the stadium is empty

How about that?

Please stop assuming everyone agrees with you

They should've give them up for free to show their patriotism as well. ;)

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Can they?

Yes.

Will they?

No.

If you really want to put a stop to this you need to specifically target the sponsors.

Growing up listening to Howard Stern he would routinely tell the audience that the ratings were not good enough because of the protesters against him. He would tell his audience to vigorously support his sponsors and if a sponsor decided to cave to protesters and stop sponsoring Stern, he would tell his listeners the sponsor that caved and where they can contact that former sponsor and tell them they were going to boycott their product.

That’s what so many Don Imus supporters never understood. Imus was fired because he was a low rating radio show that in spite of his low ratings, had mainstream sponsors willing to pay top $ to sponsor the show. When Al Sharpton went after the sponsors and the sponsors caved Imus had no way for money to come and thus was fired.

The owners, players and league office probably are not threatened by people burning their tickets. There will always be somebody there to buy them up. And I don’t think they care one iota about people burning their jerseys. Personally, I’m all for it but I think the reality is that the people involved in the NFL are probably sitting at their office laughing at it.

But when you go after their sponsors now you have a far greater and more widespread impact. Now you’re talking about shareholders, vendors, business partnerships, etc. that are all impacted.

It was something that Stern understood. Ratings...like attendance figures...only pull so much weight. But once you either positively impact or negatively impact sponsors (or if that's the perception)...that will decide most everything.

YR

Rich you've been one of my favorite posters on this board for years, but I'm curious as you're really upset by this all why are you still here and why do you continue to watch? By the tone of your posts it feels like you want them to fail?

Status
Not open for further replies.