Can this Defense be built around Parsons?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I am sure. The KC D allowed 15.8 PPG in the playoffs vs teams that scored 28.3 in the regular season.

04 Bucs. 2018 Pats. All 3 of the first Pats super bowls. 2013 Seachickens.

I think you might be falling for the media hyping up Offense. Mahomes was not the MVP, the D was. Same as Eli in 07, same as the Pats in 18 when it was given to Edelmann. Hey, if a D holds a team to 3 points, especially in today's NFL, the MVP is someone on the D, it is NOT anyone on O after managing only 13 pts.
Jerry doesnt believe this is "Flashy" enough.. should he start at a big wide load foaming at the mouth DT..yes, will he? No he will look for a second CD lamb to sell his product...

75boyz

Reaction score
Disagree. I think it's a parallel when we stupidly played Ratliff at NT. Same thing, more sacks but weak vs the run. Selling out for sacks does not win super bowls.
I just think his obvious pass rushing skills far exceed any run stopping or other linebacker traits he possesses. No more no less.
To not utilize him as our primary pass rusher would be a mistake imo.

kskboys

Reaction score
I just think his obvious pass rushing skills far exceed any run stopping or other linebacker traits he possesses. No more no less.
To not utilize him as our primary pass rusher would be a mistake imo.
Which will lead to more and more playoff losses due to not being able to stop the run.

Can't wait to see what Zimmer does w/ Micah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
People think the Giants w/ LT were built around LT. They were not, they were built around a complete dominating DLine. It was not just one player. You really don't want a D built around one player anyway, you want a D built around a facet of the team. Unfortunately, Jerry wants to build the D around CB's and DE's, when the best D's are built around DT's and big pocket collapsers. See KC.

75boyz

Reaction score
There is something to be said for pass rushers who actually get home in the heat of a hard fought closely contested playoff game.

Being able to sack the opposing QB for loss on third down is quite impactful in ultimately determining victory.
NOT pressures, NOT run support. At some point somebody needs to prevent the better QBs from being able to convert 3rd down throws.

All the run support in the world
wont help a defense stop the better QBs from 3rd down success.

To each his own.

Chasing6

Reaction score
People think the Giants w/ LT were built around LT. They were not, they were built around a complete dominating DLine. It was not just one player. You really don't want a D built around one player anyway, you want a D built around a facet of the team. Unfortunately, Jerry wants to build the D around CB's and DE's, when the best D's are built around DT's and big pocket collapsers. See KC.
And a DB like Diggs who does not want to tackle anyone. If he hits Kittle we had a chance to win that game, but that does not fit the narrative of blaming Dak.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
First answer that comes to mind, is do the Cowboys actually understand what it takes to build a defense (front office). I'm sure there's plenty of coaches, and player personnel that actually know how to do this, but Jerry and Stephen have their own vision of doing things

Second- With all that Micah has going on in being a young gifted athlete, is he mature enough to handle this and be the leader that we'd need him to be??

Third- Will MIcah be around long enough for us to build a team around him? It was mentioned he only wants to play until he's 30, is it worth investing so much in a guy that doesn't want to be around longer??? Please give your thoughts
Yes it can. Remember d ware HD his first double digit sack season at 24. He college for top pad rusher for the first time t 25. In my opinion he became TBE best and it lasted for 4 seasons. Parsons turns 25 this year