CFZ Can This Team Win It All This Year?

Proof

Reaction score
Sitting at 5-2 after 7 games with a very winnable game this week then a bye. Top 5 defense without question. Offense a work in progress but a top offense the last two years. Two wins behind the Iggles. Buffalo and KC dominating in the AFC, right now probably better than anything the NFC has to offer.

Can this team continue to play dominating defense while growing as an offense into an above average offense at least, making it a contender for the whole enchilada? Are we one player away? If so, who is that player? What would you trade to get him?

Or maybe you think that Philly, Buffalo and KC are too good and we would be better sitting pat and putting into next year and the year after. In that case we would sit tight and develop our talent to peak in the next couple of years.

Where do you stand on this? I, myself, think that we can win it all this year with great defensive play and an offense that can grind it out but also put up a lot of points like they have in the past. This team gets after quarterbacks so even the 3 outstanding ones on the 3 teams I mentioned will struggle with pressure in their faces. I wanna go all in this year. Get a top receiver or even an offensive linemen that solidifies the offense.

Where do you stand?

I think that they realistically can compete for the NFC crown, but wouldnt stand much of a chance against KC or Buffalo barring some sort of offensive line devastation like KC suffered against the bucs

Proof

Reaction score
This team has more depth than any Cowboys team in many years. You haven’t been paying attention. And they just signed Hankins to help with stopping the run.

defensively sure, but offensively they're extremely thin

ghst187

Reaction score
We could and should win the NFC but not beat KC or Buffalo

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The best offense is the defense...they say to defeat the other team is the key to winning a SB.

Time for the offence to get it started right away, then let the defense clean it up, not the way it has been, the offense has not done what it needs to do, keep the defense off the field.
Yup.
The defense is carrying to much weight so far. That will get you a long ways but when we're up against a championship caliber offense with all the chips on the line the O is going to have contribute more to help the D.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Are you trying to get my hopes up again?

would be great to see this defense lead us though would t it. I keep wondering what if Romo had this defense. Or the Oline we had with Frederick, Martin, in their primes.

pitt33

Reaction score
Don’t believe so.

This version of the Cowboys would get destroyed by the Bills. It would be the opposite of SB XXVII.

Shane612

Reaction score
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!

This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!

This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!

This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!

This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!

This is our year!
Jerry should have that engraved on his tombstone.

Hardline

Reaction score
The Cowboys can't win a Super Bowl until they do win a Super Bowl.

Bing

Reaction score
Well we have a one in thirty two chance. Same as every other team. Only problem is some of those other 31 teams are better then us.

GoldenR

Reaction score
Are you trying to get my hopes up again?

would be great to see this defense lead us though would t it. I keep wondering what if Romo had this defense. Or the Oline we had with Frederick, Martin, in their primes.
I wonder every Sunday if Romo could lose 20 pounds quickly and get 4 good pain killers. We score 30 before the 4th begins.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I do believe there's a possibility that our defense is good enough to get there, although our offensive needs simply seem too plentiful to make it remotely possible. I think we'd have to change our free-agency ways dramatically to attain sufficient talent to even make a SB appearance, much less win the whole thing. Our FO just doesn't seem to have the boldness that it takes to get there, imho. They're, also, way too content with basking in the limelight.

I agree Bullflop. The defense is good enough to get there, but the defense can't do it all. You can't win if you can't score points. The offense is going to have to improve if they want to go to the big dance.

Havic

Reaction score
I'm just going to say no until the current trend has been broken.

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
Just go past the divisional round for once then I'll start believing they can go all the way. I think they could potentially go deep with that defense and an improving offense but I've been burned too many times in the past so I'm keeping my expectations low, we'll see if they're for real once they make the playoffs. Let's make it there first.