Can Tyson Thompson beat out Julius Jones?

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
I know it’s still early in TC and he (Thompson) still has to make the team but from every report and eyewitness observations it seems as though he can not only compete at this level but also excel.

I'm sure most would agree that unlike other skill positions, running back isn't a position that you "groom" someone for, either you have it or don't. Historically the leagues best RB's, Payton, Dickerson, Brown, Smith, and Sanders where good to go from the beginning.

Would anyone be surprised if Tyson Thompson was the starting RB for the Cowboys in '05?

TheHustler

Reaction score
The saying goes "There are no stupid questions". This is a stupid question.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
NEVER

More likely he gets cut than starts. Parcells hates rookies - note that are not fully prepared to play. Can he pass block this Thompson dude? Was he drafted? What leads you to believe he has more than 1% to beat out JJ.

Not happening.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
TheHustler said:

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v194/dmxinsd/Stuff/stupidpeople.gif

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Here's the thing - when reports come in that a player is performing, especially one who was so under the radar, people what to exalt them. But it isn't as if he is having a superstar camp while Julius is playing poorly. Julius would have to be pretty bad to lose his job....

To answer the question, I would be beyond shocked...

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At the most he could help make the choice not to carry any fullbacks on the roster an easy one.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Holy moly. First Drew Henson is a bust. Now Thompson is beating out JuJo. Five days into training camp - what's going on with my Cowboys? I can't take this anymore... ;)

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
At the most he could help make the choice not to carry any fullbacks on the roster an easy one.

I see this as more likely - teach ATrain to lead block a bit, and hopefully Thompson can hold down the KR. Then keep 4 TEs...

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
No way he starts. My concern is just the opposite, given Parcells' devotion to veterans I'm sure the A-train will be number 2 so I'm more concerned that Thompson wont find a spot on the 53 man roster and we will try and practice squad him where someone will sign him away from us. If Thomspon does make the roster I think it will have to be as kick returner and then if he sticks at that then maybe he'll get some carries at RB later in the season.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
SALADIN said:
I know it’s still early in TC and he (Thompson) still has to make the team but from every report and eyewitness observations it seems as though he can not only compete at this level but also excel.

I'm sure most would agree that unlike other skill positions, running back isn't a position that you "groom" someone for, either you have it or don't. Historically the leagues best RB's, Payton, Dickerson, Brown, Smith, and Sanders where good to go from the beginning.

Would anyone be surprised if Tyson Thompson was the starting RB for the Cowboys in '05?

I remember many in here thought that ReShard Lee had a chance to be our starting RB for years to come.

:laugh2:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Um, no.

235-954-ATT00035.gif

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
SALADIN said:

Wow were gonna start aplayer with no NFL experince, over the guy who gained 800+ yards in 7 starts, and our first overall choice in the 2004 draft, because this guy can juke out some 3 and 4 teamers in TC, your a brilliant genius,

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Wow were gonna start aplayer with no NFL experince, over the guy who gained 800+ yards in 7 starts, and our first overall choice in the 2004 draft, because this guy can juke out some 3 and 4 teamers in TC, your a brilliant genius,

And you are as much of an idiot as you've always been dragqueen.

It was just a question for the more mature members on this forum to respond to.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
SALADIN said:
And you are as much of an idiot as you've always been dragqueen.

It was just a question for the more mature members on this forum to respond to.

funny i make a sarcastic remark about you being a genius, and i get called a dragqueen and an idiot, yea your real mature

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
TheHustler said:

And this is stupid because???

Oh that's right...JJ had a good half season. As much as I love J Jones why is it of the real of possibility that there may be someone better than him?