Can we all agree QB play Makes WRS

khiladi

Reaction score
It’s a lot easier for a QB to stay focused when he touches the ball every game even when he sucks, compared to a WR who is running downfield all game long and his QB fails to throw it to him when he actually should and when he does throw it, it normally sails over his head.

What the hell do people think the phrase ‘developing chemistry’ mean as regards a QB and WR?

It’s clear one player’s skill set is his ability to catch in tight windows of which the offense is catered for, while another’s main weakness is exactly that. This whole offense was built outside hashes first and deep passes that’s the QBs worst throw..

It’s just comical to me that people think WRs are running full speed all game, even when plays aren’t called for them.. or that WRs are somehow going to stay mentally focused the Whole game when plenty of routes they run when the Qb should have thrown it, pulls back because he’s too scared..

birdwells1

Reaction score
Since you started another thread... I'll copy paste my thoughts here on your boy Dez.

• Our offense is predictable.
  • Dez is a shell of his former self.
  • Some of our fans are afflicted with the same "Cantletgoitis" that affects our front office.
  • Dez is a crybaby.
  • Dez is a veteran.
  • Dez should be leading by example.
  • Dez likes whine with his cheese.
  • Dez drops balls.
  • Dez led the league in dropped balls in 2017.
  • Dez loves Dez.
  • Dez got lazy after the big contract.
  • Dez runs lazy routes.
  • Dez and his lazy routes fool no one.
  • Dez's lazy routes contribute to zero separation.
  • Dez gon Dez.
  • Bye Dez.
It's a lot of lazy going on in you post and I have my ideas on that but will withhold them. What I see in your post is whine, crybaby, lazy, I get it you don't like Dez but who are you going to blame next year if Dak throws for under 200 Yards in 10 of 16 games like this year? Dak is more likeable than Dez and younger so he gets a pass but his inexperience and this scheme is the reason this passing game is not good.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
It's a lot of lazy going on in you post and I have my ideas on that but will withhold them. What I see in your post is whine, crybaby, lazy, I get it you don't like Dez but who are you going to blame next year if Dak throws for under 200 Yards in 10 of 16 games like this year? Dak is more likeable than Dez and younger so he gets a pass but his inexperience and this scheme is the reason this passing game is not good.
Let's speak in what we know. The present.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Next year, Dez won't be around in Big D @birdwells1 .

Wanna know why?

His ego is going to make the decision for him. Watch it happen. :popcorn:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dez's qbs since signing contract:

Weeden
Cassell
Moore
Prescott

None of these qbs are high level passers of the ball, what do you expect from the receivers.

All wrs numbers suffered this season, what? They fell off also?
This past season, yes. But not every season. Without using the injury excuse, other WRs/TEs out produced him. With the same QBs.
He's simply not mentally sound and gets taken out of the game.

khiladi

Reaction score
If they are, they should be Antonio Brown-productive.

I don't get how people can assume that it is all on the QB to make the WR. Unless you have an elite level QB and most teams don't, you will need a talent offset at WR. Bryant is not well rounded enough or, if you choose, used correctly, to provide that offset.

Brown will go down as an all-time great. That being said his QB can fling the ball downfield, stay up in the face of pressure
and even throw rockets when the arms of defenders are on him and he doesn’t play scared.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Next year, Dez won't be around in Big D @birdwells1 .

Wanna know why?

His ego is going to make the decision for him. Watch it happen. :popcorn:

If he goes to another team like the Commanders with Cousins we can have a sig bet on his stats being better than 2016 and 2017.

khiladi

Reaction score
This past season, yes. But not every season. Without using the injury excuse, other WRs/TEs out produced him. With the same QBs.
He's simply not mentally sound and gets taken out of the game.

You mean he hasn’t produced with Dak, who can’t throw downfield, which are the primary routes Dez runs.

Dak and Dez connected on digs and slants this year where Dak was more accurate.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
If he goes to another team like the Commanders with Cousins we can have a sig bet on his stats being better than 2016 and 2017.
Too many different variables....

• Offensive scheme
  • OC
  • Revenge motivation against the Cowboys after finally receiving a wake up call...

Just to name a few.

You can keep your signature bet. I like my signature and I no longer want to see Dez's antics in Big D.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
So the excuse did Dak is we lost two of our best players on offense, but that excuse doesn’t apply to Dez.. ok got it..

When the QB has the option to run, based on fronts, and the QB is wrong, it’s then the coaches fault for giving an NFL QB some more responsibility to grow and make the right decision.

OK, got it..

Everybody but Dak..

Did Dak make the decision to start himself or did the coaches you blame for Dak’s poor performances..

Dak was trash last year for a large majority of the season and his best performance was against garbage defense imploding like the Giants, when in the 4th quarter his receivers gained like 90% of Dak’s yardage on a busted play to Smith that better 80 yards on a run and Beasley running for like 50 yards on a simple checkdown pass while Dak couldn’t do jack for over three quarters.
It's funny how I clearly put blame on Dak and that statement gets completely ignored. And then the "everybody but Dak" comment gets spewed.
I'll repeat that the entire offense, players and staff underachieved for a variety of reasons. I'm just pointing out that Dez is his own worst enemy regardless of the QB he has. There's always some kind of distraction. Even with Romo.
I could easily post a lazy statement like "It's everyone but Dez" just the same. I can't defend his antics.