Can we compete in the NFC East next year if Romo's struggles continue?

tecolote

Reaction score
CATCH17;1303275 said:
Thats a mix of needing to get rid of the ball and a horrible Oline.

He'll be better next year.

Hes the reason we got to play in Seattle the other night. Without him we dont sniff the playoffs.

11 games is all this guy has played and he will be even better next year.

Totally agree.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
StarAmongStars;1302930 said:

This is really a silly question.

Can we compete in the NFC next year if Romo struggles?? WE DID THIS YEAR.

We did this year with a QB that never took a regular season snap until 5 1/2 games into season.

We were in position totake the NFC East title with a QB that never took a regular season snap until 5 1/2 games into season.

We were close to winning first playoff game in 10+ years with a QB that never took a regular season snap until 5 1/2 games into season.

And your question is can we do it NEXT YEAR? When he has a full training camp and almost a season under his belt....

like I said... just a silly question

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
Newflash. Romo is going to struggle. He's a good QB, but he's only had actual playing time for a half a season. Brees was a pretty average QB for years until Rivers was drafted. All of a sudden, Brees caught fire & has developed into a very good QB. Hasselbeck struggled for several years & made some pretty boneheaded plays (including a game-losing interception against the Packers in a playoff game). He's now developed into a pretty good QB. We'd all like to believe Romo was going to be Tom Brady, but he's not. He's the future of the team, but he is going to continue to have ups & downs while he develops.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Kittymama;1303366 said:
Newflash. Romo is going to struggle. He's a good QB, but he's only had actual playing time for a half a season. Brees was a pretty average QB for years until Rivers was drafted. All of a sudden, Brees caught fire & has developed into a very good QB. Hasselbeck struggled for several years & made some pretty boneheaded plays (including a game-losing interception against the Packers in a playoff game). He's now developed into a pretty good QB. We'd all like to believe Romo was going to be Tom Brady, but he's not. He's the future of the team, but he is going to continue to have ups & downs while he develops.

Good post.

Although with a good O-line... Romo could more like Brady than not.

alancdc

Reaction score
YoMick;1303403 said:
Good post.

Although with a good O-line... Romo could more like Brady than not.

I think so to Mick. Man, I have watched for whatever reason this year a ton of Pats games, and their o line is killer. Never heard of most of them, but they don't let anybody near Brady! On a side note, you know they are showing all the Rocky movies on ESPN Classic this month on Sundays? Cought the end of Rocky II last night! Always tear up. It is the sensitive side of me I guess!

tecolote

Reaction score
alancdc;1303432 said:
I think so to Mick. Man, I have watched for whatever reason this year a ton of Pats games, and their o line is killer. Never heard of most of them, but they don't let anybody near Brady! On a side note, you know they are showing all the Rocky movies on ESPN Classic this month on Sundays? Cought the end of Rocky II last night! Always tear up. It is the sensitive side of me I guess!

"Yo Adrian, I DID IT"

How can you not tear up.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
It's amazing that through 13 years of mediocrity you are still stuck in Bledsoe's jock, so much so that you just compared him to Elway, called him an 'all time great' and tried to use that comparison to defend his sub 80 career rating while trying to ridicule Romo's 95 rating.

Yet through 10 games, you've decided Romo is a bum.

When you're crazy....do you know you're crazy?

StarAmongStars

Reaction score
Crown Royal;1303490 said:
It's amazing that through 13 years of mediocrity you are still stuck in Bledsoe's jock, so much so that you just compared him to Elway, called him an 'all time great' and tried to use that comparison to defend his sub 80 career rating while trying to ridicule Romo's 95 rating.

Yet through 10 games, you've decided Romo is a bum.

When you're crazy....do you know you're crazy?

Never said Romo is a complete bum - jury is still out and will resume september 2007.

All I know is that this kid has a lot to prove given how the season ended....he's got some lofty shoes to fill replacing a guy like Bledsoe and there is only one Tom Brady in this league.

We were scoring more points with Bledsoe and had a legit shot to go all the way given this is another down year in the NFC. As a hardcore fan, I'm angry and hurt that we foolishly squandered it away.....

VA Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
StarAmongStars;1303511 said:
Never said Romo is a complete bum - jury is still out and will resume september 2007.

All I know is that this kid has a lot to prove given how the season ended....he's got some lofty shoes to fill replacing a guy like Bledsoe and there is only one Tom Brady in this league.

We were scoring more points with Bledsoe and had a legit shot to go all the way given this is another down year in the NFC. As a hardcore fan, I'm angry and hurt that we foolishly squandered it away.....

toyota > '76 pinto

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Romo is the least of my worries....The Oline and Defense will determine our success next season.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Bledsoe, Bledsoe, he’s our man!
If anyone can pat the ball, Bledsoe can!

Give me a “B”
(beat)

Give me a “L”
(lonely)

Give me a “E”
(EVERYBODY)! Join in!!

Give me a “D”
(done)

Give me a “S”
(seeds)

Give me an “O”
(obscure)

Give me a “E”
(eliminated)!!

If anyone can take a sack, Bledsoe can!

:nana:

:angry: Bledsoe and the horse he rode in on!!

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
StarAmongStars;1303511 said:

When Bledsoe is off this team next season, will you still be posting here?

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1302949 said:
If Romo struggles then we would have a hard time making it. However if he continues to learn and improve which most would expect from any player as they gain more experience and playing time then Romo could very well lead us back to the playoffs.

Romo will be no better than his O-line. It is not going to be a very successful first half of the season.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
FLcowboy;1303645 said:
Romo will be no better than his O-line. It is not going to be a very successful first half of the season.

Actually Romo made plays despite the fact of his OL. Problem is you can't expect him to do it all the time. Like any QB defense wants to get in their face and force them into mistakes. Romo is no different but given how poor the line was doing, Romo made a lot of big plays because of his ability. He may not have entered the league as a draft pick but it does not change the fact he has talent and highly accurate with his passes. No doubt better protection will be a big help but tell me one QB that does not apply too?

StarAmongStars

Reaction score
5Stars;1303559 said:
If anyone can pat the ball, Bledsoe can!

Give me a “B”
(beat)

Give me a “L”
(lonely)

Give me a “E”
(EVERYBODY)! Join in!!

Give me a “D”
(done)

Give me a “S”
(seeds)

Give me an “O”
(obscure)

Give me a “E”
(eliminated)!!

If anyone can take a sack, Bledsoe can!

:nana:

:angry: Bledsoe and the horse he rode in on!!

:jerk: :jerk: :jerk:

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Crown Royal;1303560 said:
When Bledsoe is off this team next season, will you still be posting here?

We can only hope....with thougthful analysis like this on Bobby Carpenter...it'd be a shame to lose a football mind like his:

StarAmongStars said:
He'll be inactive all season because he's a bust and sucks

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64542&page=2&highlight=bobby+carpenter

StarAmongStars said:
we made a huge mistake drafting this bust carpenter

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64542&page=4&highlight=bobby+carpenter

StarAmongStars said:
No matter which you spin it, Carpenter was a wasted pick

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64542&page=5&highlight=bobby+carpenter

StarAmongStars said:
The only reason the bum made this team is because he was a first round pick.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64542&page=5&highlight=bobby+carpenter

StarAmongStars said:
too bad this bust isn't half the player that Shanle or Fujita are.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67140&page=2&highlight=bobby+carpenter

StarAmongStars said:
This move confirms what I've known all along: Bobby Carpenter is a bust....homers please take notice.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67431&page=2&highlight=bobby+carpenter

StarAmongStars said:
Glymph > Busty

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67431&page=3&highlight=bobby+carpenter

StarAmongStars said:
Again...it speaks volumes about what a wasted pick carpenter was

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67431&page=4&highlight=bobby+carpenter

:lmao2:

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1303705 said:
that's a lot of dirt to have on somebody Jack ;)

It's a dirty job....

11316.jpg

StarAmongStars

Reaction score