8 Kansas City Chiefs
9 San Francisco 49ers
10 Indianapolis Colts
11 Arizona Cardinals
12 Seattle Seahawks
13 Green Bay Packers
14 Cleveland Browns
15 Los Angeles Rams

The 3 remaining defenses are nothing special. They aren’t way better than us. They’re all about the same. I don’t know what the Bengals are ranked but they don’t even show up in the top 15.

Can we just admit that this league isn’t built for defenses to be great and whatever you get from a defense is just a bonus.

Josh Allen lit the Chiefs up tonight and we didn’t even score a TD on those guys. That’s how far we are behind when it comes to competing against these type of teams.

So focus on defense all you want. Good luck getting through the playoffs and consistently stoping these top tier QBs.

If we want to win anything it needs to come from the offensive side of the ball. Anything the defense gives is a bonus.

Elite QBs win championships and defenses are just an accessory that you hope performs well.

It’s not the 90s and NFL rules are against teams playing defense.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Here are the top15 NFL defenses.

1 Buffalo Bills
2 New England Patriots
3 Denver Broncos
4 New Orleans Saints
5 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
6 Tennessee Titans
7 Dallas Cowboys
8 Kansas City Chiefs
9 San Francisco 49ers
10 Indianapolis Colts
11 Arizona Cardinals
12 Seattle Seahawks
13 Green Bay Packers
14 Cleveland Browns
15 Los Angeles Rams

The 3 remaining defenses are nothing special. They aren’t way better than us. They’re all about the same. I don’t know what the Bengals are ranked but they don’t even show up in the top 15.

Can we just admit that this league isn’t built for defenses to be great and whatever you get from a defense is just a bonus.

Josh Allen lit the Chiefs up tonight and we didn’t even score a TD on those guys. That’s how far we are behind when it comes to competing against these type of teams.

So focus on defense all you want. Good luck getting through the playoffs and consistently stoping these top tier QBs.

If we want to win anything it needs to come from the offensive side of the ball. Anything the defense gives is a bonus.

Elite QBs win championships and defenses are just an accessory that you hope performs well.

Most of the games played were defensive. You take this last game and use it for a platform. Your foundation is just as rickety as your argument.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Most of the games played were defensive. You take this last game and use it for a platform. Your foundation is just as rickety as your argument.

I’m saying there is a list of your NFL defenses. They aren’t any better or worse than us.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lol...dude is off his rockers

Dre, you haven’t been right about anything in years. Which lets me know I’m on the right side of this argument and a point I’ve been making all year that’s just playing out in the post season.

Its not a defensive league and the NFL wants it this way and have made the rules to make it this way.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Yards allowed us a misleading stat, because Tampa and LAR blow teams out regularly… they give up huge yards in the 4th quarter when their opponent is down by 3 scores (like in week 1).

Here is why they’re still around:

3. Tampa
5. Bengals
6. Rams
7. 9ers

That’s run D. Every team left in the playoffs can make you 1 dimensional, and then has elite pass rushers who can tee off on your QB. We saw Burrow get mauled because they couldn’t run against 2nd ranked run D Tennessee. We saw Rodgers running for his life, Brady bleeding all over the turf. Dallas was 16th.

Cincy said “Let’s make Tannehill beat us.” It worked.

SF said, “Let’s make Dak beat us.” It worked.

Tampa said, “Let’s make Stafford beat us.” And then he proceeded to retire Tom Brady.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL still going with this notion our defense is really good.

I mean they were certainly better than they were under Nolan but with the season on the line, they couldn't stop the run and they couldn't consistenly rush the passer.

Dre11

Reaction score
Dre, you haven’t been right about anything in years. Which lets me know I’m on the right side of this argument and a point I’ve been making all year that’s just playing out in the post season.

Its not a defensive league and the NFL wants it this way and have made the rules to make it this way.

I've been right all day, you've been on sauce all day, Tampa won last season with defense

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yards allowed us a misleading stat, because Tampa and LAR blow teams out regularly… they give up huge yards in the 4th quarter when their opponent is down by 3 scores (like in week 1).

Here is why they’re still around:

3. Tampa
5. Bengals
6. Rams
7. 9ers

That’s run D. Every team left in the playoffs can make you 1 dimensional, and then has elite pass rushers who can tee off on your QB. We saw Burrow get mauled because they couldn’t run against 2nd ranked run D Tennessee. We saw Rodgers running for his life, Brady bleeding all over the turf.

Dallas was 16th

The only time you should worry about run D is if the matchup calls for it.

If you play Mahomes you cheer everytime they hand it off.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I've been right all day, you've been on sauce all day, Tampa won last season with defense

They won because they had Tom Brady and they don’t sniff the playoffs without him.

Their defense was along for whatever ride Tom Brady took them on.

Redline360

Reaction score
Games changing to an offensive league however the records for the past 25 years or so indicate superbowls won with top ten defenses and offenses bar several years of course.

Bucs defense caught fire at the end last year. Defense is still a MASSIVE key in the playoffs.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The only time you should worry about run D is if the matchup calls for it.

If you play Mahomes you cheer everytime they hand it off.

I understand you point, but I disagree. The Chiefs, know how to use the run game. Dallas does not. Helaire, had a few good runs tonight and that setup their play action.

Dre11

Reaction score
They won because they had Tom Brady and they don’t sniff the playoffs without him.

When needed the most, the Buccaneers defense put all of the pieces together for a masterful performance. On the biggest stage in all of football, Tampa Bay shocked the world to not only upset but dominate Kansas City, upsetting the three-point favorites by a score of 31-9.Feb 10, 2021
https://www.si.com › ... › News
How Dominant Was the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Defense in the Super ...
https://www.si.com/nfl/buccaneers/....ccaneers-dominany-defense-analysis-super-bowl

Sydla

Reaction score
Lol you're a fool, they lose to Greenbay, and they completely shutdown Mahommes in the superbowl. Somebody check this man temperature

Yeah it's bizarre to claim that it was all Brady last year. That defense was really good in the playoffs and as you said, they really stifled Mahomes in the SB.

Mahomes was totally taken off his game last year by the Bucs.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score

Patrick Mahomes scrambled 500 yards to evade pass rushers in the super bowl… what are you talking about?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I’m saying there is a list of your NFL defenses. They aren’t any better or worse than us.

We've said all along the post season is another season....throw out all the stats, and its how your team is performing at that time. Stats show niners and rams defenses are worst than Dallas......not so in the playoffs. And Dallas top ranked offense did not fare well either.