Can we discuss NFL defense

75boyz

Reaction score
Totally onboard with 90 to 95 percent of all your posts bro. There are very few that I don't agree with.

With that said, in my opinion, the Niner defense is capable of helping the least gifted QB of the remaining QBs to a trophy this year.

I'll end it with that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah it's bizarre to claim that it was all Brady last year. That defense was really good in the playoffs and as you said, they really stifled Mahomes in the SB.

Mahomes was totally taken off his game last year by the Bucs.

The defense had a nice post season. I don’t deny that. But the only reason they got the opportunity is because of their QB.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We've said all along the post season is another season....throw out all the stats, and its how your team is performing at that time. Stats show niners and rams defenses are worst than Dallas......not so in the playoffs. And Dallas top ranked offense did not fare well either.

We lost because our offense stank.

The 9ers secondary is trash and Bosa and Warner were out of the game and our guys still couldn’t make plays.

Dre11

Reaction score
The defense had a nice post season. I don’t deny that. But the only reason they got the opportunity is because of their QB.

No the only reason Bradu got an opportunity to go to the superbowl over Greenbay was because of the defense...lol

GoldenR

Reaction score
We gave up 23 points to the niners, 23! The same Mahomes team we gave up 19, 19 points!!!!!!!!! Mahomes had 250 yards,1pick and NO TD'S! Kelce and Hill nothing! Why does everyone bring up the DEFENSE? THAT IS NOT THE ISSUE! Did you see teams today needing 8-10 yards and throw a fuc**** swing pass to the flat and sometimes behind the line of scrimmage?

Sydla

Reaction score

Huh?

That Bucs D was good all year in 2020. 6th in points per game. 8th in points per game. 1st in rush defense. 5th in sacks. 6th in takeaways.

Sure, adding Brady helped but they had a legit big time defense last year, not one that just got hot in the playoffs.

Sydla

Reaction score
We gave up 23 points to the niners, 23! The same Mahomes team we gave up 19, 19 points!!!!!!!!! Mahomes had 250 yards,1pick and NO TD'S! Kelce and Hill nothing! Why does everyone bring up the DEFENSE? THAT IS NOT THE ISSUE! Did you see teams today needing 8-10 yards and throw a fuc**** swing pass to the flat and sometimes behind the line of scrimmage?

Little hint.

It's both.

The offense scuffled.

The defense wasn't good enough.

That's just reality.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
We've said all along the post season is another season....throw out all the stats, and its how your team is performing at that time. Stats show niners and rams defenses are worst than Dallas......not so in the playoffs. And Dallas top ranked offense did not fare well either.

True

First off, the defensive rankings used here are not great stats. A better metric is defensive passer rating.

LA is 4th in that, Tampa is 6th. (For the season).

But it what matters most is how you’re playing at the end of the year. SF was 21st on the year, but over their last three games, their defensive passer rating was around 83, which would have put them in the top 5 had that been the average for the year.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

We he gave up 16 until Dak threw a pick deep in our own territory.

RS12

Reaction score
Just an FYI, your top two listed defenses just got smashed in the playoffs. Three of the four teams left got there more on QB play. I do think though the 49ers have the best remaining defense.

kwcool619

Reaction score
When needed the most, the Buccaneers defense put all of the pieces together for a masterful performance. On the biggest stage in all of football, Tampa Bay shocked the world to not only upset but dominate Kansas City, upsetting the three-point favorites by a score of 31-9.Feb 10, 2021
https://www.si.com › ... › News
How Dominant Was the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Defense in the Super ...

Shaq Barrett and Devin White really made it difficult for Mahomes. They chased him all game. What were his rushing stats? Spent more time backwards than forward. I've never seen Machines harassed like that.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Here are the top15 NFL defenses.

1 Buffalo Bills
2 New England Patriots
3 Denver Broncos
4 New Orleans Saints
5 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
6 Tennessee Titans
7 Dallas Cowboys
8 Kansas City Chiefs
9 San Francisco 49ers
10 Indianapolis Colts
11 Arizona Cardinals
12 Seattle Seahawks
13 Green Bay Packers
14 Cleveland Browns
15 Los Angeles Rams

The 3 remaining defenses are nothing special. They aren’t way better than us. They’re all about the same. I don’t know what the Bengals are ranked but they don’t even show up in the top 15.

Can we just admit that this league isn’t built for defenses to be great and whatever you get from a defense is just a bonus.

Josh Allen lit the Chiefs up tonight and we didn’t even score a TD on those guys. That’s how far we are behind when it comes to competing against these type of teams.

So focus on defense all you want. Good luck getting through the playoffs and consistently stoping these top tier QBs.

If we want to win anything it needs to come from the offensive side of the ball. Anything the defense gives is a bonus.

Elite QBs win championships and defenses are just an accessory that you hope performs well.

It’s not the 90s and NFL rules are against teams playing defense.[/QUO
Sorry, but you couldn’t be more wrong.

Just last year TB’s DEFENSE was the main reason they won the Super Bowl!

Their defense DOMINATED Rogers and Mahomes last year!!!

I hate the Whiners, but their D just kicked our butt and Rogers butt too!!!

locked&loaded

Reaction score
Wait so according to you our defense and especially our defensive line is a strength....but also defenses don't matter....and also any positive defensive outcome is just a bonus?

And then you try to act like tampas defense wasn't a factor last year?

What in the world..... give it a rest.

Dre11

Reaction score
Shaq Barrett and Devin White really made it difficult for Mahomes. They chased him all game. I've never seen Machines harassed like that.

Then they also put clamps on Hill and Kelsi

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Wait so according to you our defense and especially our defensive line is a strength....but also defenses don't matter....and also any positive defensive outcome is just a bonus?

And then you try to act like tampas defense wasn't a factor last year?

What in the world..... give it a rest.

All these defenses are similar. They all stink.

GoldenR

Reaction score
Little hint.

It's both.

The offense scuffled.

The defense wasn't good enough.

That's just reality.
Always like your posts, so I respectively disagree as our Defense played very well considering all the 3 and outs and 2 series drives we turned out at the end of the year. Always on the field it seemed like and held up pretty well. Just my thoughts.