Can we discuss Seattle’s dirty plays?

Cowboy-33

Reaction score
At 5:17 left in the second quarter frank Clark goes after zekes ankle and twists it. Who knows how much we missed in the dog piles.

Nah it’s a coincidence Clark did that and hurns snapped his leg and cooper and Beasley all twisted their ankles. And fluker late on jaylon.

And the defender twisting Tyrone Crawford neck two weeks after he was on a stretcher.

Pure coincidence!
Man I just watched the Clark on Zeke play again. He should be fined big time for that. That was like an mma move to try to break his ankle. Bush league!

CWR

Reaction score
At 5:17 left in the second quarter frank Clark goes after zekes ankle and twists it. Who knows how much we missed in the dog piles.

Nah it’s a coincidence Clark did that and hurns snapped his leg and cooper and Beasley all twisted their ankles. And fluker late on jaylon.

And the defender twisting Tyrone Crawford neck two weeks after he was on a stretcher.

Pure coincidence!

Dont forget the defender trying to break Zeke's fingers on his stiff arm.

CWR

Reaction score
The Clark business looked much worse than it was. Zeke didn’t even flinch, but okay, if you really want to take umbrage about it. Fine. Clark is a trash bag.

But the Beasley and Hurns tackles supposedly being intentional (i.e. to hurt each player)? That’s called tackling. I’ve seen that same play a million times, but it typically results in a high ankle sprain.

How bout the defender trying to snap Zeke fingers?

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
I saw a Seattle LBer (#50, maybe?) land on top of Jarwin and then after they were down, drive his forearm right into Jarwin's throat/Adam's Apple.

Right in front of an official. Not a single f**k was given.

Seattle is dirty dirty, y'all.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Man I just watched the Clark on Zeke play again. He should be fined big time for that. That was like an mma move to try to break his ankle. Bush league!
If that’s what they did in broad daylight I can only imagine how bad it got.

Seemingly the players have a code to not gossip about what happens on the field. So Jason Garrett needs to send a tape in to the league here.

Aven8

Reaction score
I said this in another thread but they had Wright holding and PI all night. It worked once and didn’t the second time around. That’s been a staple for Carroll coaches teams for years. They can’t call everything mentality.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Watch how 30 rides up on the back of his legs. You can't tell me he didn't do it on purpose. He basically sat on Hurns' ankle.

Thanks for posting the video and providing sound analysis. Some people sincerely believe all tackling is the same and that injuries occur by accident. Such belief is self-falsehood. Anyone can analyze ANY tackle, see how applied force is used by the tackler, and make a clear determination whether the tackle itself was excessive.

Maybe each tackler's intention can be debated. Every tackler does not necessarily intend to cause a game ending or season ending injury. However, intent is not always relevant. The result is relevant depending on how the tackle was performed. Hurns' injury could have been easily minimized or prevented while permitting the tackler to get him to the ground.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This is an EXCELLENT posting. Everyone should pay attention to the Hawk Tackling segment.

The technique is sound upon initial contact between ball carrier and tackler. The tackler takes the legs out from under the ball carrier. The technique can become *intentionally* convoluted when the ball carrier's legs cannot be bind immediately and the danger to the ball carrier's lower legs region increases exponentially the longer the ball carrier's feet remain in motion. Any physics safety limit gets erased when applied force/torque becomes a significant factor with the knee and ankle joints. Applied force is less for the upper and lower leg bones or even feet but just as evident.

It is a good technique if the tackler can get the ball carrier onto the ground upon first contact. It is not so much one when the ball carrier's lower body remains in motion.