Can we get a first rounder if we trade Dak?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Wondering if someone will give us a 1st rounder for Dak . Given the protracted negociation with our overrated entitled QB . This would give us a fresh start and we may land a good QB like a Justin Herbert or deal for another veteran , Thoughts ?
OMG.

Another Dak thread.

But I always like a challenge.

First of all..

To me the craziest thing about this whole deal?

We have no freakin' idea what Dak is worth.

Never won anything more than a 1st level playoff game..

was ROTY in 2016 and a couple of Pro Bowls..

has only played a little better than Golf and Wentz but it's debatable..

and Jerrah has already played poker against himself..

saying how valuable Dak is.

Balony.

The team has made Dak what he is.

Dak is a glorified bus driver.

He never has been a QB like Mahomes who single-handed takes over a game.

He does not perform like that.

It is not In HIS SKILL SET.

Sorry.

So we are considering in your hypothetical question trading him for a #1.?

Who would do that knowing Dak has a Tag and when it's over..

he does it again or he leaves for a better deal?

We are in that barrel right now.

I prefer not to pay him..

tell him thanx but we are going in another direction.

Give Cooper Rush the ball and let's play.

Look for help in FA or the draft or both.

There are always more than one answer to a problem.

Choose the best answer.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
you are saying 2 years ago we beat seatle in the playoff and went 8-8 and lost 1-6 to good teams , and that is good for you ? am happy for you
No, in the 2018-2019 season the Cowboys were 10-6, won the division, which you would know if you bothered to look at the link I left with that post. It's the same season we beat the Saints 10-13 and beat the Seahawks in the playoffs 22-24. Where are you getting that season is connected to being 8-8 and lost 1-6 to good teams? I think you are confused.

basel90

Reaction score
OMG.

Another Dak thread.

But I always like a challenge.

First of all..

To me the craziest thing about this whole deal?

We have no freakin' idea what Dak is worth.

Never won anything more than a 1st level playoff game..

was ROTY in 2016 and a couple of Pro Bowls..

has only played a little better than Golf and Wentz but it's debatable..

and Jerrah has already played poker against himself..

saying how valuable Dak is.

Balony.

The team has made Dak what he is.

Dak is a glorified bus driver.

He never has been a QB like Mahomes who single-handed takes over a game.

He does not perform like that.

It is not In HIS SKILL SET.

Sorry.

So we are considering in your hypothetical question trading him for a #1.?

Who would do that knowing Dak has a Tag and when it's over..

he does it again or he leaves for a better deal?

We are in that barrel right now.

I prefer not to pay him..

tell him thanx but we are going in another direction.

Give Cooper Rush the ball and let's play.

Look for help in FA or the draft or both.

There are always more than one answer to a problem.

Choose the best answer.
very valid ponts . would think jerry's ego won't allow him to let dak walk and will want to use the tag as a bargaining chip . The sad thing is that am pretty sure jerry will cave and pay mediocre Dak and we will suffer at least 3-4 years. regressing QB ; and not enough money to fix the Defense.

basel90

Reaction score
No, in the 2018-2019 season the Cowboys were 10-6, won the division, which you would know if you bothered to look at the link I left with that post. It's the same season we beat the Saints 10-13 and beat the Seahawks in the playoffs 22-24. Where are you getting that season is connected to being 8-8 and lost 1-6 to good teams? I think you are confused.
as you say we we went from 10-6 and a playoff win to 8-8 and no playoffs , depsite spending a 1st rounder on amari cooper and keeping zeke. that is regression don't you agree ?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
very valid ponts . would think jerry's ego won't allow him to let dak walk and will want to use the tag as a bargaining chip . The sad thing is that am pretty sure jerry will cave and pay mediocre Dak and we will suffer at least 3-4 years. regressing QB ; and not enough money to fix the Defense.
Here is where I am on Dak.

Will paying him all this money fix his inaccuracy?

Will it end his tendency to start games slowly and spot the other team 10-20 points before he scores?

Will it speed up reading defenses?

Will it stop him from audibling at the LOS and merely handing off to Zeke just to be stuffed for no gain?

Can he learn to throw the ball away sooner when nobody is open and can he stop that circle move he does to allude sacks. They have seen it Dak.

Can he learn sign language to call the plays at the LOS?

If he can check those off..then pay the man and let's stop all the angst.

:angry:

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
While there is no way the team will trade Dak, they could easily get 2 first round draft picks. Teams trade first rounders to select unproven QBs in the draft. Why not a proven guy like Prescott?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
as you say we we went from 10-6 and a playoff win to 8-8 and no playoffs , depsite spending a 1st rounder on amari cooper and keeping zeke. that is regression don't you agree ?
I've already said the team regressed. Why do you insist we rehash the information we have already gone over?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Here is where I am on Dak.

Will paying him all this money fix his inaccuracy?

Will it end his tendency to start games slowly and spot the other team 10-20 points before he scores?

Will it speed up reading defenses?

Will it stop him from audibling at the LOS and merely handing off to Zeke just to be stuffed for no gain?

Can he learn to throw the ball away sooner when nobody is open and can he stop that circle move he does to allude sacks. They have seen it Dak.

Can he learn sign language to call the plays at the LOS?

If he can check those off..then pay the man and let's stop all the angst.

:angry:
That's all coaching. Guess what? We have a new outstanding coaching staff. So pay the man and coach him up, right?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Wondering if someone will give us a 1st rounder for Dak . Given the protracted negociation with our overrated entitled QB . This would give us a fresh start and we may land a good QB like a Justin Herbert or deal for another veteran , Thoughts ?

If a team will give a 1st rounder for Dak, take it and run like hell. However, I doubt any team would...well, maybe a bottom dweller might.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
While there is no way the team will trade Dak, they could easily get 2 first round draft picks. Teams trade first rounders to select unproven QBs in the draft. Why not a proven guy like Prescott?
I think that salary. I think teams like the idea of having a cheap quarterback and having 4 or 5 years to build a contender.

morat1959

Reaction score
Seriously. The extent that some fans over-value his worth is mind-blowing. It's downtight laughable.
They just don’t know any better or they are MS ST fans. That’s the only explanation. Anyone who’s watched him play and can’t see it has no clue about the QB position in the NFL. All they see are those worthless, garbage time stats he puts up.

morat1959

Reaction score
What has he proven?

Swagger

Reaction score
Given the upcoming draft with Tua, Herbert, Burrow, Love etc on rookie contracts then I think we could probably get a second and a third round draft pick for Prescott.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
There was a time when teams used to jump all over us for buying our talent in order to win.

Jerrah let the genie out of the bottle when he signed Deon Sanders away from the 9ers.

Since then other teams stopped ragging us for it.

They complain about spouse abuse like with Zeke.

Like Roseanna Rosanna Danna used to say..

It's always something..

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Did you forget about Jason Garrett. You can’t judge anything else during his tinder
noones forgetting BUT,

Dak and his fans are using his w-l record from the last 4 years for reason to give him this insane deal.. you cant have it both ways Fire Garett with same record , give Dak ridiculous money..

Swagger

Reaction score
noones forgetting BUT,

Dak and his fans are using his w-l record from the last 4 years for reason to give him this insane deal.. you cant have it both ways Fire Garett with same record , give Dak ridiculous money..

Well we shall see this season.

No more excuses with a new HC that has won a Superbowl.

Some people are in for a shock this season. The Commanders and Giants will be way better and the Eagles just won the division with lorry drivers on their roster.

I would be surprised if we won 9 games with Prescott under centre next season.

Swagger

Reaction score
Well we shall see this season.

No more excuses with a new HC that has won a Superbowl.

Some people are in for a shock this season. The Commanders and Giants will be way better and the Eagles just won the division with lorry drivers on their roster.

I would be surprised if we won 9 games with Prescott under centre next season.

And I predicted 9-7 or 8-8 before last season started. It's in the thread for those of you want to check. I'm not a hater just someone who understands football ladies and gentleman.