Can we get a first rounder if we trade Dak?

InTheZone

Reaction score
Interesting take. I don't think you will find many who believe that except the Dak haters in here.
Lets compare logic:
-"Dak Haters" say Dak was unbelievably bad in 2018 taking so many unnecessary sacks.

-"Cowboys haters" argue with "it's the oline, Zekes, receivers, Garrett, jerrys fault!!!"

In 2019 he takes less sacks and the "cowboys haters" say look Dak improved!!!!

Note - not all Dak defenders are cowboys haters, but some seem to enjoy watching Dak tear apart the team with his inabilities

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wondering if someone will give us a 1st rounder for Dak . Given the protracted negociation with our overrated entitled QB . This would give us a fresh start and we may land a good QB like a Justin Herbert or deal for another veteran , Thoughts ?

If he is an overrated entitled QB...why would anyone give us a first round pick for him.

The logic on this board by this fan group is always amazing.

They think a player is a scrub but then ask for high round draft picks to trade the person.

If they person is truly a scrub and would not get a a good pick in trade or they are better than some want to admit and would get a good trade pick...usually either or.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Yah, Dak is “proven” but not in the way that helps. We wouldn’t even get 2 first rounders, never mind the rest of your fantasy.

Can we get a 7th? Since you have so called insider knowledge. Nah, maybe not.

basel90

Reaction score
You think the empirical evidence that implicates your theories wrong is conveniently "irrelevant? Now you are practicing your best mental gymnastics so you don't have to admit you are wrong. You ignore what you want to so it fits your narrative. You are in denial of what the stats are telling you because you just don't want to admit the truth. The team regressed, Dak did not. He is who the stats say he is. 40 wins in 4 seasons is a real stat. The 4th highest career passer rating among active QBs is a real stat. Almost 5000 passing yards in a season you claim he regressed is a real stat. A perfect passer rating in a game is not easy. Only 5 were posted in 2019 yet Dak had one. Do not tell me "what we all know" when you are ignoring stats because they are inconveniently proving you wrong. Don't tell me what to focus on and what to ignore. That's your trick and it does not work. Dak well deserves to get top QB pay and it will happen.
Well if you don’t believe in my judgement , how about the pro bowl voters who are the best group of experts . They chose to snub Dak from the pro bowl due to the factors I mentioned . You think he is a top QB and better than mahomes , Wilson , Rogers and others just because he has better passing stats and a 40 wins in 4 years etc. You are ignoring a lot of factors and the significance of a QB winning the important games and reaching Super Bowls . No one cares or remembers stats and insignificant wins .

ultron

Reaction score
Yah, Dak is “proven” but not in the way that helps. We wouldn’t even get 2 first rounders, never mind the rest of your fantasy.
You should read the 2nd paragraph. If the Cowboys used the non-exclusive franchise tag and another team signed him (which they 100% would), the Cowboys would receive 2 first round draft picks - so for those of you saying we wouldn’t even get one 1st round pick for him, you really need to do your homework and start reading.

basel90

Reaction score
If he is an overrated entitled QB...why would anyone give us a first round pick for him.

The logic on this board by this fan group is always amazing.

They think a player is a scrub but then ask for high round draft picks to trade the person.

If they person is truly a scrub and would not get a a good pick in trade or they are better than some want to admit and would get a good trade pick...usually either or.
There are a some GMs who believe in the hype or/and have a worse QB at their hand .
Why are you surprised about the overrated comment . The poll taken on this board indicated 53% of the fans thought Dak does not deserve the contract he is asking .

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
So he is only accountable for cupcake wins against weak opponents. I got you point .
No, it's a team accolade. Wins and losses aren't one player vs an entire team just to fit your narrative. Pretty simple stuff.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are a some GMs who believe in the hype or/and have a worse QB at their hand .
Why are you surprised about the overrated comment . The poll taken on this board indicated 53% of the fans thought Dak does not deserve the contract he is asking .

I am sure a good number of fans on here would say that Stephen A Smith show and Skip's Show is quality tv...that does not make it so.

Again...either they are too bad as suggested and would not warrant a traded pick or they are good enough and would warrant a pick. Either or.

If the player is overrated as you, or others thing, than logic would dictate that either you are right and nobody would give up a quality pick(s) for him or you are wrong and they view him as a quality player and they would give up a pick(s) for him.

Reactions: G2

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, it's a team accolade. Wins and losses aren't one player vs an entire team just to fit your narrative. Pretty simple stuff.

Hmmm..you mean that Emmitt, Michael, the Oline, the defense and any other player on that team that was pro bowl, all pro or current/future HOFers did not matter, all the teams wins or losses were only put upon Troy Aikman?!?!?!

This is the problem with people in the Stephen Smith and Skip type of shows time...everything is too dumbed down to fit a narrative and for shock value instead of actually thinking about the issue as a whole.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
I honestly don't think anyone is giving up a first round pick for Dak. The numbers don't add up for it. Anyone picking in the top half of the draft would be better advised to take a chance on whatever QB they can draft and using the rookie deal to build the rest of the team. Using a top pick to trade for a QB who is likely gong to be the highest paid player in the league is not smart. Anyone picking in the lower half of the draft is not worth trading with because Dallas would then need to use its first round pick on a QB. Why would Dallas trade Dak for say pick 15?

This conversation gets a little more interesting if say Cincinnati offers its first pick for Dak but that argument would quickly devolve into how good Dak is and we've seen that.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Wondering if someone will give us a 1st rounder for Dak . Given the protracted negociation with our overrated entitled QB . This would give us a fresh start and we may land a good QB like a Justin Herbert or deal for another veteran , Thoughts ?
Sounds like a great plan to me!

Sandyf

Reaction score
Read my post, if we used the non-exclusive tag on him and another team picked him up - we’d get two 1st round picks.
Correct but you left out a couple of things, 1st he has to sign the tag, 2nd we used the exclusive tag on him so no team can negotiate with him, 3rd if we decide to let a team talk with him and he agreed to a contract with them and we didn't match then we would get two 1st round picks, one in 2021 and one in 2022 none this year, 4th to actually get picks this year you have to have him sign the tag and then trade him, and 5th it just never ever going to happen.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dak has regressed badly . Even signing amari and zeke could not improve his play . Next season will be tougher for him . Fans will not be as patient.
You got that right! Real Dallas Cowboy fans will be seething with anger and this forum will be over whelmed with verbal attacks on Dak. It could get so bad the forum is shut down.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Hmmm..you mean that Emmitt, Michael, the Oline, the defense and any other player on that team that was pro bowl, all pro or current/future HOFers did not matter, all the teams wins or losses were only put upon Troy Aikman?!?!?!

This is the problem with people in the Stephen Smith and Skip type of shows time...everything is too dumbed down to fit a narrative and for shock value instead of actually thinking about the issue as a whole.
It gets old hearing Prescott was an "8-8" QB when they want to bash him, but the 13-3 season was because he "walked into a perfect team."

Good God, who watches ESPN?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Well if you don’t believe in my judgement , how about the pro bowl voters who are the best group of experts . They chose to snub Dak from the pro bowl due to the factors I mentioned . You think he is a top QB and better than mahomes , Wilson , Rogers and others just because he has better passing stats and a 40 wins in 4 years etc. You are ignoring a lot of factors and the significance of a QB winning the important games and reaching Super Bowls . No one cares or remembers stats and insignificant wins .
Why are you so hung up on the 2019-2020 season? Dak is a two time pro bowler, not that the pro bowl means much anymore. There can only be 3 QBs voted in... Rodgers, Wilson and Brees are hard to beat. I never said Dak was better than those 3 QBs. In fact I specificly said those 3 have a better career passer rating. So check what you say I said for accuracy before you go lying again. What exactly am I ignoring? Winning against good teams is a function of the team being better not the QB. The fact you don't care about stats doesn't mean no one cares about stats. Clearly someone was paying attention to Dak's stats to make him the highest paid player in the NFL.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Prescott is a winner. People don’t like him to bad . Let them suffer . he just goes out there and does his job.
Lol...He has no ring, he is not a winner.

Come back to me when he has one, I'll gladly eat crow.

ultron

Reaction score
Correct but you left out a couple of things, 1st he has to sign the tag, 2nd we used the exclusive tag on him so no team can negotiate with him, 3rd if we decide to let a team talk with him and he agreed to a contract with them and we didn't match then we would get two 1st round picks, one in 2021 and one in 2022 none this year, 4th to actually get picks this year you have to have him sign the tag and then trade him, and 5th it just never ever going to happen.
That’s my point, there’s no point of even talking about this - he’s not leaving this team.