Can we give Dak some credit now?

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Sure Dak has been the driving force of the offense but I agree the team as a whole has been awesome. I do not even think in terms of belief. I think it terms of probabilities.

Given how this team has played the last seven games including against the Eagles, I think it much more likely we pummel the winning record team we play next week then lose to them. I think a close win for us the most likely outcome. Either way do not worry, they will no longer have a winning record at that point so you can discount them too.

As for the eagles at home, I like our chances there too.
Injuries will probably determine our success in the playoffs against good teams.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Some of those '40 burgers' have been helped by the fact that our defence is the #1 scoring defence in the league and has the most inceptions for TD, #5 for Fumble recovery and #3 for total turnovers. #1 for turnovers in own territory. Our special teams has helped with top 10 in kick of returns, #2 in net average punt.

So whilst every loss is not just on Dak.. every win is not just on Dak.

Dak is performing better than I have seen him perform ever. I have no problem stating that clearly. However that has to be considered in the lens of what the team is doing around him and the opposition he has faced. I think right now we are seeing WHY we can win it with Dak.. keep the pocket clean, stay in front on the score board and let him work the field with simple route tree. The questions have to still remain, can Dak elevate when the OLine can't give him a clean pocket for as long.. or when the receivers aren't getting open almost every play or when the run game is shut down. Can Dak elevate when we are behind, the defence is struggling and he needs to lift? Again.. this still needs to be put through the lens of paying a guy 40M a year. For that money and that % of the salary cap.. Dak must not only play at that high level every game but he must be able to elevate the guys around him.

So I agree this team looks better.. and I want to believe.. I really do.. but right now I haven't seen them do anything that makes me feel confident we can beat the top teams and really compete at the pointy end. Happy to be proven wrong.
Prescott has had some good years especially before he signed a big contract.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am always happy to see the Cowboys win. I hope the Cowboys excel in the postseason. Just trying to avoid absolutes and all-or-nothing kind of judgements.
The whole team, Coaches, and Front Office need to get the monkey off their backs. 'Nuff said.
Go Cowboys!

Cebrin

Reaction score
Listen I like Dak. Defended him for years here. I jumped off the bandwagon after the SF game. He has played lights out before in the regular season. Until he shows it in the playoffs he is not going to get the respect he deserves.
Same for me. Yes, he's played well as of late. I want to see it against good defenses.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Listen I like Dak. Defended him for years here. I jumped off the bandwagon after the SF game. He has played lights out before in the regular season. Until he shows it in the playoffs he is not going to get the respect he deserves.
I think it's been years since he's come close to playing at this level. He's using his legs again and his footwork is the best it's ever been.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Prescott has had some good years especially before he signed a big contract.
He’s having a very good year now and he’s having it right before he signs a very big contract. He’ll get a contract in the Burrow neighborhood.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
He’s having a very good year now and he’s having it right before he signs a very big contract. He’ll get a contract in the Burrow neighborhood.
Ah… He'll struggle after he's under contract with a new deal. You always see it

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
The Dak we've seen since the 49ers game can definitely win a SB. We'll just have to wait and see how it plays out in the playoffs. Have to stay healthy too or it won't matter who does well or poorly.