Can we give Dak some credit now?

TheCritic

Reaction score
The one thing I do like about Dak this season is that you can tell that he doesn't give a crap about what the media or fans think. I love it!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And I suppose you think the Eagles cared about the game late in the season when they were down defensive players and restling everybody else? seriously. Dude, I know you've got chips in this thing, but try to keep a grip.

I'm one of the few who compliment Dak on a good performance, you need to come to grips he has ligit struggles.

Maybe you should spend time reviewing his last outing against the Washington team, and convince yourself it won't happen Thursday.
The Commanders looked right past the giants wanting to embarrass the Cowboys on the biggest stage of the regular season.
So speaks the Eagles troll who picked the ****** Commanders to win this Thursday.

visionary

Reaction score
No one is saying Dak is bad

Hes a good QB, his problems are

1. Lack of consistency from game to game
2. Inability to play great against the top teams esp when behind
3. Lack of playoff success. No NFCCG and SBs in almost 7 years starting

He needs to overcome these GLARING deficiencies for rational people to think he is a great QB

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Daks playing well, but he’s has played well in the past. He doesn't consistently play well. He plays very well against poor teams or teams with losing records and his record against teams with winning records is a losing record. It is what it is. The facts are right there in front of you if you care to read them. You can’t logically be surprised if we get into the playoffs and lose.

Sully

Reaction score
Let me predicate this by saying I'm still no longer sold on him. His playoff performance is the determining factor for me now given the past.

But the way he's been playing after having a little time to get used to the new system has been good. Has he been perfect? Of course not, no QB has.
He's kept the interceptions down this season, was adjusting to a new system with the rest of the offense, and even with hiccups and some of the wins looking a little ugly, they're still looking dominant on the field. He's contributing heavily to that.

While there's still a good amount of season left to play and there are challenges to face, let's give him credit for (aside from a couple of games) an improved season and good play.

I'm still waiting to see if he folds in the playoffs, but acknowledge he (and the offense) have been doing pretty darn well.
Dak has ALWAYS gotten "some" credit. But when he ( like Romo ) couldnt get the team to even a NFC Conference game, then both will ALWAYS be ripped. You want BIG money then you also get majority of the criticism

zeke21

Reaction score
So just for comparison, Dak and Cowboys are 8-3. Teams we have defeated have an overall 25-60 record - or an average winning % of 29.4%.

For sake of argument, lets compare that to the 9-1 Eagles. Eagles have defeated teams with an overall 47-50 record, or an average winning % of 52.2%

If y'all can't see that we are currently just bashing up on weak teams, I do know how to explain it better. Eagles are 9-1 and have also had some weaker teams (all schedules will have this) but they have beaten Vikes, Miami, Cowboys and Chiefs to show their mettle.

Our 'best' win is against a 4 win opponent. Let that really sink in. The 'hardest' opponents we have beaten include the powerhouse teams like the Jets, Chargers, Rams and Commanders.

I'm not suggesting I am not enjoying the wins.. I am loving the wins.. but the level of hysteria over beating up on weak teams is ridiculous. Let's give Dak some credit after he produces the SAME stats against quality teams.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
How predictable it becomes.. Dak beats up on the weakest team in the league and everyone is back on the wagon. It was the panthers.. and even then.. Dak didn't actually have a stellar day.. just a solid turn out from a QB on a clearly dominant team.

How about Dak does the same thing against good teams on a consistent basis and then we can all decide?

I'm a 'hater' apparently and if Dak finds a way to help us win a SB then I'll be happy to keep him but still not at stupid money. Dak has done this before in regular season.. and goes missing in key spots.
Nah, in years past it would have had several games like that Arizona debacle. In years past we weren't putting up 40 burger after 40 burger in complete team performances. Regularly winning by 2 or more possessions. Top 4 in both offensive and defensive ppg. Special teams as a strength.

This team is performing better than the previous two 12 win seasons. Those two teams were better than we had seen since the 90s going to the playoffs back to back and winning a road playoff game.

If you want to believe that you are going to get let down again then fine but do not pretend that this team is like what we have been seeing in quite some time.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Nah nah don’t give him nothing, he’s taking it!!! We don’t want the haters to give him nothing, because we know the real deal

zeke21

Reaction score
Nah, in years past it would have had several games like that Arizona debacle. In years past we weren't putting up 40 burger after 40 burger in complete team performances. Regularly winning by 2 or more possessions. Top 4 in both offensive and defensive ppg. Special teams as a strength.

This team is performing better than the previous two 12 win seasons. Those two teams were better than we had seen since the 90s going to the playoffs back to back and winning a road playoff game.

If you want to believe that you are going to get let down again then fine but do not pretend that this team is like what we have been seeing in quite some time.
Some of those '40 burgers' have been helped by the fact that our defence is the #1 scoring defence in the league and has the most inceptions for TD, #5 for Fumble recovery and #3 for total turnovers. #1 for turnovers in own territory. Our special teams has helped with top 10 in kick of returns, #2 in net average punt.

So whilst every loss is not just on Dak.. every win is not just on Dak.

Dak is performing better than I have seen him perform ever. I have no problem stating that clearly. However that has to be considered in the lens of what the team is doing around him and the opposition he has faced. I think right now we are seeing WHY we can win it with Dak.. keep the pocket clean, stay in front on the score board and let him work the field with simple route tree. The questions have to still remain, can Dak elevate when the OLine can't give him a clean pocket for as long.. or when the receivers aren't getting open almost every play or when the run game is shut down. Can Dak elevate when we are behind, the defence is struggling and he needs to lift? Again.. this still needs to be put through the lens of paying a guy 40M a year. For that money and that % of the salary cap.. Dak must not only play at that high level every game but he must be able to elevate the guys around him.

So I agree this team looks better.. and I want to believe.. I really do.. but right now I haven't seen them do anything that makes me feel confident we can beat the top teams and really compete at the pointy end. Happy to be proven wrong.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Some of those '40 burgers' have been helped by the fact that our defence is the #1 scoring defence in the league and has the most inceptions for TD, #5 for Fumble recovery and #3 for total turnovers. #1 for turnovers in own territory. Our special teams has helped with top 10 in kick of returns, #2 in net average punt.

So whilst every loss is not just on Dak.. every win is not just on Dak.

Dak is performing better than I have seen him perform ever. I have no problem stating that clearly. However that has to be considered in the lens of what the team is doing around him and the opposition he has faced. I think right now we are seeing WHY we can win it with Dak.. keep the pocket clean, stay in front on the score board and let him work the field with simple route tree. The questions have to still remain, can Dak elevate when the OLine can't give him a clean pocket for as long.. or when the receivers aren't getting open almost every play or when the run game is shut down. Can Dak elevate when we are behind, the defence is struggling and he needs to lift? Again.. this still needs to be put through the lens of paying a guy 40M a year. For that money and that % of the salary cap.. Dak must not only play at that high level every game but he must be able to elevate the guys around him.

So I agree this team looks better.. and I want to believe.. I really do.. but right now I haven't seen them do anything that makes me feel confident we can beat the top teams and really compete at the pointy end. Happy to be proven wrong.
Sure Dak has been the driving force of the offense but I agree the team as a whole has been awesome. I do not even think in terms of belief. I think it terms of probabilities.

Given how this team has played the last seven games including against the Eagles, I think it much more likely we pummel the winning record team we play next week then lose to them. I think a close win for us the most likely outcome. Either way do not worry, they will no longer have a winning record at that point so you can discount them too.

As for the eagles at home, I like our chances there too.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
San Francisco has a couple less dB's since the last time we played them. I believe it was the pass rush that was more disruptive to us, but we'll see in the playoffs.