Can we give Dak some credit now?

Qcard

Reaction score
There are those that will always refuse to give Dak credit, no matter what. That's because they have claimed that Dak is a lousy quarterback in some way and if you prove them wrong then they will simply shift the standard.

At the beginning of the season it was all about Dak's INT's. Suddenly, his whole career is turnover prone despite the fact that he has one of the lowest INT's percentage rates in NFL history and that is being demonstrated this season.

Obviously, that didn't work out for them so now it's all about Dak not being able to beat a winning team and this is being based on the fact that they lost all 2 games against winning teams. That's enough evidence for them if they conveniently forget Dak's previous 7 seasons.

Of course, you know, once we point out that Dak has beaten playoff teams before, then those teams are demoted to "bad" playoff teams.

And so it continues..........

And when Dak and the Cowboys win the Super Bowl, you guessed it, it will be the defense or the running game or whatever that was responsible, certainly not Dak
:starspin: :starspin: :hammer::hammer:

Blackrain

Reaction score
Argh the preserve of the Dak Fan, you're either obsessed (and see no wrong) or you arent a fan. He continues to come up short, with ball in hand and clock ticking in the most crucial games. When he proves that, he moves into a different stratosphere and then becomes a QB able to produce in the play-offs. It would be great for us to steamroll through the play-offs, but this roster stalls on the big occasion, nothing wrong with a more circumspect outlook.
His team around him comes up short in big games with pre-snap penalties dropped balls.
Parsons looks like LT against the Panthers and Giants but disappears against the 49ers.

We get pick sixes against Carolina and the Giants we don't get turnovers like that against the good teams Dak is just expected to put the cape on be Superman and pull the rabbit out of the hat while everyone else is not doing their jobs and underachieving

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Parsons looks like LT against the Panthers and Giants but disappears against the 49ers.
That argument also goes to Dak (especially when clocks ticking).
His team around him comes up short in big games with pre-snap penalties dropped balls.
That's a reflection, on the O-Line struggling, be it age, injury or ability, let's be fair this isn't the 2016 line.....indeed may be an acknowledgement that they're bettered
Dak is just expected to put the cape on be Superman and pull the rabbit out of the hat while everyone else is not doing their jobs and underachieving
You've just mentioned the whole offense not stepping up....that's also levelled to Dak, especially if paid.
It's a team game, however, with money goes responsibility.
Call it unlucky, poor system, Receiver Corp or O-Line.....the consistent over the years is Dak.
Play-off football's tight, hence the QB will have to don that red cape.

Last edited:

plasticman

Reaction score
I was with you all the way until you spouted off with: And when Dak and the Cowboys win the Super Bowl, you guessed it, it will be the defense or the running game or whatever that was responsible, certainly not Dak.

WOW, it's been almost 30yr since the Cowboys won a Super Bowl and you are all ready call Dak and Superbowl....WOW....IDK what's in your kooliad....LOL
I never spout.

The Super Bowl isn't all about Dak, although he will be an integral part of the story. I'm not denying that it's a eam sport. In fact, that's the reason I'm predicting a Super Bowl sometime during Dak's career.

When was the last time the Cowboys were this good of a team?

Guys like Bland, Tyler Smith, Ferguson, Clark, Marquese Bell, Tolbert, Williams, Aubrey, etc, are all rookies and 2nd year players that have really helped to widen a window of at least three seasons.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

We get pick sixes against Carolina and the Giants we don't get turnovers like that against the good teams Dak is just expected to put the cape on be Superman and pull the rabbit out of the hat while everyone else is not doing their jobs and underachieving
Spot on as usual brother @Blackrain !

:hammer: :hammer:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Read my previous statement. All 3 teams (Vikings/Giants/Eagles) had not only teams that were way above .500 when Dak and the Cowboys played them late in the season last year (Vikings: 8 - 2), (Giants: 7 - 4) and (Eagles: 13 - 2), but all 3 opponents had top 10 defenses.

Do you care to admit you were wrong and apologize for spreading false information?
And I suppose you think the Eagles cared about the game late in the season when they were down defensive players and restling everybody else? seriously. Dude, I know you've got chips in this thing, but try to keep a grip.

I'm one of the few who compliment Dak on a good performance, you need to come to grips he has ligit struggles.

Maybe you should spend time reviewing his last outing against the Washington team, and convince yourself it won't happen Thursday.
The Commanders looked right past the giants wanting to embarrass the Cowboys on the biggest stage of the regular season.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some aren’t going to give him credit until he leads the Cowboys to at least a divisional round playoff win. Some won’t give him credit until he leads the Cowboys to a championship. There’s a few that won’t give him credit, even if he does lead the Cowboys to a championship. The haters will continue to hate no matter what.
Id guess we should give them the opportunity first....see what happens.

Dak has given them precious little. So give them the games you are talking and THEN see what they say. Yes?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Id guess we should give them the opportunity first....see what happens.

Dak has given them precious little. So give them the games you are talking and THEN see what they say. Yes?
Dak has given them a lot more than the haters will ever give him credit for. Many claim he sucks and that he’s not even a viable starting caliber NFL QB, which is absolutely ridiculous! There’s many that will never admit they were wrong about him regardless if he wins a championship. They’ll just claim the Cowboys won in spite of him and bring up Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson as an example.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak has given them a lot more than the haters will ever give him credit for. Many claim he sucks and that he’s not even a viable starting caliber NFL QB, which is absolutely ridiculous! There’s many that will never admit they were wrong about him regardless if he wins a championship. They’ll just claim the Cowboys won in spite of him and bring up Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson as an example.
Yeah....i suppose you are right. I just am wary of making those kinds of assumptions. Its also just a handful of usual suspects.
The great majority of us fans will be thrilled when daks gets to or takes nfc chip.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yeah....i suppose you are right. I just am wary of making those kinds of assumptions. Its also just a handful of usual suspects.
The great majority of us fans will be thrilled when daks gets to or takes nfc chip.
It’s more than just a handful of usual subjects there’s a lot of fans that don’t like Dak. The majority of the fan base doesn’t want him as our QB. Look more further than the polls that are posted.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And when Dak and the Cowboys win the Super Bowl

tenor.gif

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s more than just a handful of usual subjects there’s a lot of fans that don’t like Dak. The majority of the fan base doesn’t want him as our QB. Look more further than the polls that are posted.
The poll is ZERO proof those fans won't be elated with a NFC 'chip.

They were specifically designed for week to week performance...and admin said so. WIn the "chip, then check THAT poll.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where is the poll this week.

Should be sticky at the top of the page are you happy with Dak as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
He has had a couple really good games there was no poll last week after a great game but let him have a bad game and we are just out to exaggerate the negative.
Let's get on the stick and get the poll up and rejoice the positive.
I typically do Dak polls after tough wins or losses.

With this being a short week though I will post one after the Thanksgiving game.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Yeah the problem with that is our wins have pretty much been all blowouts except for the chargers game so there aren't any tough wins.
Which means the poll goes up after tough losses and creates a lot of negativity towards our quarterback let's rejoice in the positive and put it up when he does well also.
Trust me I have no problem if you don't like Dak but manipulating The forum to project your viewpoint goes against my grain no matter how subtle you try to do it and I'm going to call you on it sorry

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The poll is ZERO proof those fans won't be elated with a NFC 'chip.

They were specifically designed for week to week performance...and admin said so. WIn the "chip, then check THAT poll.
Naturally fans would be elated with a championship but some will still refuse to give Dak any credit. The polls show how some fans live from week to week with Dak. If he plays good they’re happy with him and if he doesn’t they want a new QB. A lot of fans live in the moment. Even though he’s playing at an MVP level, they’re still a majority of the fans that aren’t happy with him and the polls indicate that.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Lol so even the Seahawks who are gonna make the playoffs are overrated now? Nice way to get your excuses in early before he torches them. So according to you its only 5 good teams in the NFL and if he isn't playing any of those 5 the other 26 teams don't mean anything? Lmao you're a joke :laugh: :laugh:
Thats a built in out.. because the whole "Beat a winning /playoff team" we saw it last year after "Ooh yeah beat Brady"..I'm actually in the camp of this team is good but making the playoffs is only part of the job, the goalpost movers are a whole diferent breed....

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Let me predicate this by saying I'm still no longer sold on him. His playoff performance is the determining factor for me now given the past.

But the way he's been playing after having a little time to get used to the new system has been good. Has he been perfect? Of course not, no QB has.
He's kept the interceptions down this season, was adjusting to a new system with the rest of the offense, and even with hiccups and some of the wins looking a little ugly, they're still looking dominant on the field. He's contributing heavily to that.

While there's still a good amount of season left to play and there are challenges to face, let's give him credit for (aside from a couple of games) an improved season and good play.

I'm still waiting to see if he folds in the playoffs, but acknowledge he (and the offense) have been doing pretty darn well.
Well he did throw for 189 yards (compared to the 350-400 yards per game) and 2 touchdowns. On the way positive, it says he had no interceptions.