Can we learn from the Packers and Chiefs?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Both teams just had to let go of their mega star wide receiver. With that said, the amount of money they wanted, the teams allowed the players to be traded, instead of giving out that big paycheck.

It saddens me to think what would Dallas do in this situation. I think at times Jerry can be a bit too loyal to his players, and it's not thinking with his brain for the future.

Sounds kind of backwards to say, at this time we're mad that he's not spending money, but in this sense these players want to set the market or come close. Sometimes you just have to say no, or El Paso!! If not your fan base in a few years will possibly complain that we overpaid for a player!! Please give your thoughts...

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Both teams just had to let go of their mega star wide receiver. With that said, the amount of money they wanted, the teams allowed the players to be traded, instead of giving out that big paycheck.

It saddens me to think what would Dallas do in this situation. I think at times Jerry can be a bit too loyal to his players, and it's not thinking with his brain for the future.

Sounds kind of backwards to say, at this time we're mad that he's not spending money, but in this sense these players want to set the market or come close. Sometimes you just have to say no, or El Paso!! If not your fan base in a few years will possibly complain that we overpaid for a player!! Please give your thoughts...
We can, but I doubt we will.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Lets see how they actually fare without Adams and Hill first

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Dallas has overpaid for its share of players. They can’t overpay for them all, though. I like that they are not overpaying free agents and I like that they decided not to overpay for Amari Cooper. At this point, Zeke is probably their biggest current overpay (arguments can be made by the anti-Dak crowd). Sometimes you just have to overpay and hope.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So it is ok for KC and GB to trade away their top WR’s. Matter of fact they lost just about all of their WR”s.
But Dallas loses one WR that has not lived up to his contract, and sign one that is decent in his place.
Yet Dallas gets ridiculed about it.

Wow, just Wow.

Flamma

Reaction score

You know what I learned from the Packers and Chiefs? I guarantee you neither are in the 2022 Super Bowl. I'm not saying trading away their WRs is the reason. Just part of the reason. It will be two other teams. So, I'm not for emulating them. Or learning anything from them.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
So it is ok for KC and GB to trade away their top WR’s. Matter of fact they lost just about all of their WR”s.
But Dallas loses one WR that has not lived up to his contract, and sign one that is decent in his place.

Wow, just Wow.
I’m not gonna argue this isn’t a weak thread, but…

The compensation isn’t even comparable and Cooper “not living up to his contract” has as much if not more to do with the QB and OC than Cooper. The guy was given a paltry amount of targets. And because he didn’t run his mouth non-stop with little to no production like Cowboys fan love, he had a “bad attitude.”

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not gonna argue this isn’t a weak thread, but…

The compensation isn’t even comparable and Cooper “not living up to his contract” has as much if not more to do with the QB and OC than Cooper. The guy was given a paltry amount of targets. And because he didn’t run his mouth non-stop with little to no production like Cowboys fan love, he had a “bad attitude.”

I thought he had a great attitude, so don’t include me in that part.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score

Wow, just Wow.
The difference is they both got a really nice return on their trades while we got squat(5th rounder.)Basically it was just a salary dump.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

Wow, just Wow.

I BET YOU WON'T EVEN NOTICE THEY'RE GONE BECAUSE OF THE QB THAT'S STILL THERE!