Can we learn from the Packers and Chiefs?

conner01

Reaction score
Lets see how they actually fare without Adams and Hill first
Exactly
Before we praise these moves let’s see how they workout
A tremendous amount of their offenses they need to replace
Not sure either had a choice but I doubt either team wanted to part company but it’s hard to have a ton of elite players

conner01

Reaction score
I BET YOU WON'T EVEN NOTICE THEY'RE GONE BECAUSE OF THE QB THAT'S STILL THERE!
Time will tell
Even the best QB’s need players around them
You put either QB on the jags and they aren’t making the playoffs though they might win more games

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Both teams just had to let go of their mega star wide receiver. With that said, the amount of money they wanted, the teams allowed the players to be traded, instead of giving out that big paycheck.

It saddens me to think what would Dallas do in this situation. I think at times Jerry can be a bit too loyal to his players, and it's not thinking with his brain for the future.

Sounds kind of backwards to say, at this time we're mad that he's not spending money, but in this sense these players want to set the market or come close. Sometimes you just have to say no, or El Paso!! If not your fan base in a few years will possibly complain that we overpaid for a player!! Please give your thoughts...
Short answer is no.
They have been doing the same things the same way for years.
Definition of insanity.

fivetwos

Reaction score
When it's your year to win, then it's your year.

You'd better not be missing one single player from the bunch......especially when it coincides with your hand picked Tom Landry puppet running out of time at being exactly that.....

In that case, if the star running back threatens to stay in Cabo forever you must hand out the most absurd contract in NFL history.

Then hire a pass happy OC with no experience and force him on the next guy you expect to come in here and clean up the mess. That's the best way to prove that your bus driver QB is a star.

When that doesn't happen right away, you tell the world someone else is waiting in the wings to steal your money next.

Anyone still wondering why things are how they are?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
The Packers and Chiefs need to learn from us. We dumped Cooper but we still got Lamb. They lost their #1 WR but don't a clear cut replacement.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lets see how they actually fare without Adams and Hill first
Other way around. Let’s see how hill fares in Miami without mahomes. It was a 100% brilliant move and Jerry would never do it. It’s what it takes to continue to thrive at the top. Morons here would be crying about losing talent in the short term.

kevm3

Reaction score
Neither made the superbowl last year, so I don't see how trading away their most talented WR is going to help them out. What did we learn from them? Get more than a 5th rounder for your number 1 WR?

nobody

Reaction score
Both teams just had to let go of their mega star wide receiver. With that said, the amount of money they wanted, the teams allowed the players to be traded, instead of giving out that big paycheck.

It saddens me to think what would Dallas do in this situation. I think at times Jerry can be a bit too loyal to his players, and it's not thinking with his brain for the future.

Sounds kind of backwards to say, at this time we're mad that he's not spending money, but in this sense these players want to set the market or come close. Sometimes you just have to say no, or El Paso!! If not your fan base in a few years will possibly complain that we overpaid for a player!! Please give your thoughts...

*In best Jerry impression* "But uh...jersey sales are uh..important too and show just how uh..much a player can affect the uh field"

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
I’m not gonna argue this isn’t a weak thread, but…

The compensation isn’t even comparable and Cooper “not living up to his contract” has as much if not more to do with the QB and OC than Cooper. The guy was given a paltry amount of targets. And because he didn’t run his mouth non-stop with little to no production like Cowboys fan love, he had a “bad attitude.”
It really is amazing how many people (players and coaches) are denigrated by the Dakazoids to explain away Dak's performance.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They have a QB with top 5 arm talent. Meaning they can take a good receiver and make them great. We lack that ability. We do not have the QB or OC who knows how to get our best receiver the ball and because of that they think cutting that guys the answer. So now they will struggle to run and pass and the OL will get blamed again.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
They have a QB with top 5 arm talent. Meaning they can take a good receiver and make them great. We lack that ability. We do not have the QB or OC who knows how to get our best receiver the ball and because of that they think cutting that guys the answer. So now they will struggle to run and pass and the OL will get blamed again.

Exactly what I just said lol sad but true

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Neither made the superbowl last year, so I don't see how trading away their most talented WR is going to help them out. What did we learn from them? Get more than a 5th rounder for your number 1 WR?

At least they made the playoffs which they'll still do this season

Bigdog

Reaction score
We can learn how to get better trade value for our players especially from the Packers.

quickccc

Reaction score

Cowboys let go of their Mega star WR too, .. instead of continuing to pay out the amount of money they initially re-signed him up for.

So can other NFL teams learn from us too,... ? ;)