Can we move Bell back to safety

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I hope Zimmer never gets desperate and plays a small player at such a key position on the football field. We love that Bell has brought this team being an undrafted player. With that said, I think he would be better served at safety. I hope I speak for everyone in saying this, MOVE HIM BACK!!! Please give your thoughts

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He probably wouldn't make the team as a safety. There's a reason he wasn't drafted. He can cover in the short area but not in the back. Bell was 212 at the combine, the roster people look at is not correct. Remember they have Wilson, Hooker, Thomas, and Mukuamu at safety.

Jimmy used Bill Bates as a nickel LB, he couldn't cover well enough as a true safety.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Still want to know if Stephen Jones said “sorry, real linebackers cost money and the cap is real. We have to pay our stars in three years, so deal with it,” or if Quinn claimed he could get away with it.

Counting on draft picks to help immediately during your window to win is beyond stupid, and that’s who runs this team.

But hey, they saved a few million and didn’t overspend! When’s the 12 win parade?

exciter

Reaction score
I hope Zimmer never gets desperate and plays a small player at such a key position on the football field. We love that Bell has brought this team being an undrafted player. With that said, I think he would be better served at safety. I hope I speak for everyone in saying this, MOVE HIM BACK!!! Please give your thoughts
Desperate? There was nothing desperate about it!
There was an article on the DC.com website back in late October or November. Quinn advocated bringing Bell in specifically to be converted for the coverage WiLL LB in nickel a dime packages. He played at 215 last season which is 2lbs lighter than Overshown’s playing weight in college who many think is the coming savior. Did they do a poor job covering themselves in the early down base packages at the position with Lve… yes, but there was nothing desperate about it… he was damn good, especially in the coverage duties he was brought in for!

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Bell is a good to have around for passing downs as a hybrid safety/LB. He was excellent in coverage and tackling in space last year, but he struggled when he had to fill gaps on run downs, which was pretty ridiculous to ask of him in the first place considering his size.

Hopefully they bring in two more LBs that actually play the position and Bell can play the hybrid role that Kearse did the last few years.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Done

rambo2

Reaction score
They did.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think Bell will be the nickel linebacker. Our starting safeties will be Wilson and Hooker, and Bell will be brought in as a linebacker on clear passing downs. The problem with the use of Bell last year is that we were playing him at linebacker on early downs. He did about as well as could be expected, but good running teams are able to take advantage of that.

I think Bell will be the backup strong safety and have the nickel role. It will consist primarily of strong safety responsibilities, but you've got to have someone in there who can play both the pass and run and he can do that; he just doesn't need to be doing that on first down or shorter second downs.

Blitzen

Reaction score

I think it would be more interesting to really switch things up. Swap the lineman with the secondary. I want to see Diggs as an edge rusher and Mazi as the free safety.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
if he is not a saftey next year, then we are screwed up as a team. he was there as desparation and stupidity of Jerry not actually signing any LBs. we started the year 5 deep at LB. and that was one of the reason we got our arse handed to us against GB. Love said it, they targetted our Safties...err. LBs....

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
He probably wouldn't make the team as a safety. There's a reason he wasn't drafted. He can cover in the short area but not in the back. Bell was 212 at the combine, the roster people look at is not correct. Remember they have Wilson, Hooker, Thomas, and Mukuamu at safety.

Jimmy used Bill Bates as a nickel LB, he couldn't cover well enough as a true safety.
have they ever really given him the chance to?? I hear what you're saying

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Desperate? There was nothing desperate about it!
There was an article on the DC.com website back in late October or November. Quinn advocated bringing Bell in specifically to be converted for the coverage WiLL LB in nickel a dime packages. He played at 215 last season which is 2lbs lighter than Overshown’s playing weight in college who many think is the coming savior. Did they do a poor job covering themselves in the early down base packages at the position with Lve… yes, but there was nothing desperate about it… he was damn good, especially in the coverage duties he was brought in for!
he was GREAT earlier in a game I can't remember what game it was I think it was the Giants game or something, he played extremely well, and that to me solidified his name in as a full time LB until we seemingly acted DESPERATE as if we couldn't get more LB help in here. When we played against running teams it was a PROBLEM that we had such a small LB in there, kudos to the teams that schemed against us to run right at him.

We also brought in rashaan Evans who was a bigger LB we could have given him more of a shot

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I think Bell will be the nickel linebacker. Our starting safeties will be Wilson and Hooker, and Bell will be brought in as a linebacker on clear passing downs. The problem with the use of Bell last year is that we were playing him at linebacker on early downs. He did about as well as could be expected, but good running teams are able to take advantage of that.

I think Bell will be the backup strong safety and have the nickel role. It will consist primarily of strong safety responsibilities, but you've got to have someone in there who can play both the pass and run and he can do that; he just doesn't need to be doing that on first down or shorter second downs.
Don't a lot of teams go to passing formations often, if so he's going to be our nickel back in there often. I expect to see Lewis in there more often in that role, then yes on 3rd and long get him in there!