Can we please officially get rid of Garrett before speculating on a new HC

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Until Garrett is released/fired nothing else matters regarding this team!!

The most important and only question. Why the second meeting between Jerry and his stepson?

This is not looking good!! Jerry does not think clearly, especially when it comes to his stepson!!
his contract runs out on the 14th. he will not be renewed. we are officially looking for another coach. Jerry is Jerry. who knows why he does what he does.....they obviously have respect for the guy and now fully understand his limitations, and will have a talk. will let him know his contract will not be renewed. why be so dramatic?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Yes. As crazy as it sounds, this is Jerry. Anything is possible.
You are correct. With Jerry ANYTHING is possible. So many fans get on here, and act like they know it is a done deal, that Garrett is gone. They may be correct, I hope they are correct, but know one knows. The clues are telling me Jerry is keeping his dumb son-in-law.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
his contract runs out on the 14th. he will not be renewed. we are officially looking for another coach. Jerry is Jerry. who knows why he does what he does.....they obviously have respect for the guy and now fully understand his limitations, and will have a talk. will let him know his contract will not be renewed. why be so dramatic?
How do you know Garrett is not going to be renewed? Is this just more speculation or do you have inside information? I really don’t care about your speculation!!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Why a second meeting?

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You are correct. With Jerry ANYTHING is possible. So many fans get on here, and act like they know it is a done deal, that Garrett is gone. They may be correct, I hope they are correct, but know one knows. The clues are telling me Jerry is keeping his dumb son-in-law.

Until I see otherwise, I am not giving JJ the benefit of the doubt either. He never should have made it past the 3rd 8-8 year.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Then you aren't looking at JG objectively but as a fan who hates him. The facts are lots of coaches that have fared a lot worse than JG have gone on to other HC gigs, look at Pat Shumer in NY, horrible in his first stint but still got a second chance.

Garrett has proven he can win games in the NFL. He is 85-67 as a HC. He has won with a veteran QB and a Rookie QB. He has taken a team that was old, with no cap money and helped to transform it into a young talented team with a lot of cap space. And not to mention that he did that while working for Jerry Jones. Other FO may have a better understanding on the obstacles that any coach faces with the way the FO is ran in Dallas, so that may actually help him.

He will get another job as a HC, if he wants it. I think it is difficult once you have been some where as long as as he has been with the Cowboys though. So not sure he will want to coach another Organization. I think this is the same reason Cowher never coached another team. After 15 years in one place, its hard to move on. I don't think Bill B will coach anywhere else once he is done in NE either, but he might so he can settle the dispute whether it was him or Brady that led to the success.

And looking at the teams that need a HC this year, the Gnats are the only one that would be a good fit for JG. If/When he is released from the Cowboys, it will be interesting to see if they pursue him. I doubt it, that would be a very hard sell to their fan base this year.
Waste as many words as you like, Garrett will never be a HC except in Dallas. He may be here forever though!!!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Whomever the Cowboys decide on for HC, I hope he comes with a change in philosophy. I am tired of seeing the consistent failure of a top heavy roster year after year because the entire organization is dependent upon a few marquis players and the opposition can effectively control them by scheme. I hope the new coach is a strong advocate for a balanced roster where playmakers attack unpredictably and in waves.
Can discus when Garrett gets the boot!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I would be shocked if he gets any serious offers to be a head coach ever again by any other NFL team. The exception is of course our delusional / senile owner who is likely negotiating an extension as we speak.
Spot on! I hope you are wrong about the extension though.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Here is my theory. I have no doubt in my mind that Garrett will coach in the NFL as a HC again. I believe he is a good coach. However, with as much attention that the Cowboys get from the Media and how he is sometimes portrayed, I also think that he is going to be a tough sell to any fan base this year.And it appears there are only around half of the normal openings this year. The Gnats, the Browns And Carolina is all that is left now that Washington has filled theirs. I think this is a ploy to buy JG some time so he is not shunned by other teams this year. He will do what McCarthy did, take the year off and be back in the NFL next season.
No!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
We all hope and feel the same way, but this fan base can be like a kitten chasing a laser beam. A few shiny new wins and all is forgotten. I hope we get the tougher part of the schedule up front so we can get a truer evaluation of the team this time
I hope we get a new HC!!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure why everyone is assuming Jason would be gone. Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it. Jerry doesn't care what the fans think about his coaching selections. If he did he would take a poll. He also probably doesn't read these boards. IMO if this goes to Wednesday, there is a better than average chance Garrett is extended.
Sad, very sad, but very possibly true.

ESisback

Reaction score
We will never win a Superbowl with Garrett! How do people not see this.

Look, I want a new coach too, but knowing how Jerry is Jerry, I’m preparing for the worst case scenario. Anything is possible, so IF he keeps Garrett, I’m saying we can STILL improve on 8-8, IF we do a couple of things. Get a new DC and a ST coach, and we’re a better team.

With all our flaws, and with The Clapper on the sidelines, a tiny handful of plays kept us from 10-12 wins. A couple of missed FGs, some ticky tack flags (like tripping)...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Garrett is gone people. Jerry just letting him go on his own terms with final goodbyes in end of season team meeting. I’ve heard from insiders he’s already said his good byes to office personnel, etc.

superonyx

Reaction score
Until Garrett is released/fired nothing else matters regarding this team!!

The most important and only question. Why the second meeting between Jerry and his stepson?

This is not looking good!! Jerry does not think clearly, especially when it comes to his stepson!!
Wow. Seriously?

I love when someone clearly has lost such touch with reality that they actually believe and speak as if anything we talk about has any bearing on what Jerry's team does.
Like if he discuss prospective coaches somehow it will matter.