Can we please officially get rid of Garrett before speculating on a new HC

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How do you know Garrett is not going to be renewed? Is this just more speculation or do you have inside information? I really don’t care about your speculation!!
come on give us a freaking break....speculation....do you think Garrett will get extended? isn't that speculation on your part? all indications are the Garrett will not be renewed. in fact Richard is interviewing for Giants head coaching position and news is that garrett is saying his good bye's to everyone....so with all of the news pointing to garrett not being renewed is speculation, but you thinking that Jerry might extend him is not!!

seriously dude.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Wow. Seriously?

I love when someone clearly has lost such touch with reality that they actually believe and speak as if anything we talk about has any bearing on what Jerry's team does.
Like if he discuss prospective coaches somehow it will matter.
You don’t get it. You and anybody else can talk about different coaching options if you want to, but it’s a big waste of time speculating while Jerry is courting his son-in-law. Also, of course nothing we say has any bearing on this dysfunctional team.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
who knows. why not. saying their goodbyes. there is no bad blood between them. he does have Jerry's respect for what ever reasons and thus they can meet 8 more times if they want to...
When Jerry announces Garret was resigned you will realize why the second meeting! I do hope I am wrong.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I hope Troy kicks in the door and goes Undertaker on EVERYBODY.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
come on give us a freaking break....speculation....do you think Garrett will get extended? isn't that speculation on your part? all indications are the Garrett will not be renewed. in fact Richard is interviewing for Giants head coaching position and news is that garrett is saying his good bye's to everyone....so with all of the news pointing to garrett not being renewed is speculation, but you thinking that Jerry might extend him is not!!

seriously dude.
You do have a point. I disagree that the evidence is pointing to Garrett not being resigned. I think the evidence( meeting with all the players individually, the 2nd meeting, and he has not been released yet ) is pointing toward resigning Garrett. Of course I hope I am wrong.

Also, if I thought he was being released, but I wasn’t sure, I would wait until he was released before speculating on the new coach.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Garrett is gone people. Jerry just letting him go on his own terms with final goodbyes in end of season team meeting. I’ve heard from insiders he’s already said his good byes to office personnel, etc.
You have heard from real insiders? So you are 100% sure Garrett is being released? Are you speculating like everyone else?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Look, I want a new coach too, but knowing how Jerry is Jerry, I’m preparing for the worst case scenario. Anything is possible, so IF he keeps Garrett, I’m saying we can STILL improve on 8-8, IF we do a couple of things. Get a new DC and a ST coach, and we’re a better team.

With all our flaws, and with The Clapper on the sidelines, a tiny handful of plays kept us from 10-12 wins. A couple of missed FGs, some ticky tack flags (like tripping)...
I’ve seen ALL the stupid ridiculous ways Garrett has been outcoached over the years. I have NO faith in Garrett because he does not learn from his mistakes. He makes the same dumb mistakes over and over again OR he overcompensates for his mistake and makes it worse. He rationalizes his mistakes. He does not learn from them!!!

Dre11

Reaction score
No, I’m certain based on my insiders speculation.

You have heard from real insiders? So you are 100% sure Garrett is being released? Are you speculating like everyone else?

they were saying this on 105.3 today.that he said good byes to staff members. think it was Mickey who said it.i think that's where he got it from

ghst187

Reaction score
Until Garrett is released/fired nothing else matters regarding this team!!

The most important and only question. Why the second meeting between Jerry and his stepson?

This is not looking good!! Jerry does not think clearly, especially when it comes to his stepson!!

I agree, this is not boding well for our future success...the farther JG is away from Dallas the better the world is

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
they were saying this on 105.3 today.that he said good byes to staff members. think it was Mickey who said it.i think that's where he got it from
Thanks. This gives me hope Garrett is not being resigned.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
yeah I will wait until it is officially announced that JG is gone before I waste any brain power on who the next coach should be.
I will just check the news here till he is gone or extended.

Truth is the person jerry picks is gonna disappoint many here since people want a bunch of different guys.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Why not get rid of Garrett first?

All this wasted speculation. You'll be even more ticked off when you’ve decided the perfect replacement and Jerry decides to keep his relative.

What else we gonna do on this board? Not like we have playoffs to talk about.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
We think it was bad THIS year with Garrett being a lame duck.

Cowboys stadium will be the loudest it's ever been in 2020 if Garrett returns as coach - and it won't be from cheers. Boos all season long!
The whole reason I made the decision to dump the team if Garrett returns is for this very reason. Even with a stadium full of booing fans, it proves beyond any doubt that Jerry will listen and laugh bragging to his family how these fans have already given their money. There’s no going back on the fact that extending Garrett proves once and for all that winning means nothing to him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s been openly reported from sources inside the organization Jason has informed asst coaches not under contract to begin searching for other positions and also saying his goodbyes to office and other staff members.

All you have to do is pick up a paper or turn on the radio.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This doesn’t make me confident Garrett is gone!
You really should look outside this forum and national news sources for your info. Even Ed Werner from ESPN has reported some of those similar occurrences since he’s closer to local sources.

Jerry is simply allowing Jason to play this out on his terms.

This isn’t what Jerry wanted so it presents him an opportunity to play it out himself by not officially firing or releasing him. Instead rather to part ways in a more dignified manner .

Jerry probably feels he owes Jason for his steadfast loyalty. And he might be waiting for Jason to receive an offer elsewhere.