Can We See Who Wade is Gonna Draft This Year Before We Panic

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg;1907367 said:
i just thought your own quote should come back to tell you hello.....

Well fill me in. How does my response to why I think Jerry finally caved and brought in someone like Bill have to do with the Commanders being over the cap and likely sucking?

khiladi

Reaction score
What does letting Ireland leave for a job he'd rather have have to do with Wade?

According to you, Wade isn't going to have that much influence over personnel decisions. Jerry let a man go that was influential in making decisions around here to go to Miami, even though he could have challenged it. How is Wade not going to have influence, when Jerry is letting certain members of the scouting department go? There is obviously a vacuum that needs to be filled to a certain percentage with Wade.

If you look at it from a mathematical stand-point, Parcells is the one who took Ireland and another assitant head of scouting. Jerry said he wouldn't fill the role of Ireland, meaning there is more authority to distribute over less people, including Wade. It's obvious Jerry respects Wade's decisions.

What does Jerry extending Ratliff have to do with Wade? Jerry extended Crayton and Romo too. What's your point?

It has everything to do with Wade. Romo isn't even a valid analogy, because that was going to be done no matter what. They found their QB, and he was playing lights out. Everybody was talking about Romo and his contract was an issue in the media before Jerry even finalized one.

Ratliff, nobody expected it, and it happened suddenly. The only person talking him up all year long was Wade Phillips. Only when wade started talking, people started paying attention, and so did Jerry. Do you think he just signed him out of the blue, without the influence of Wade?

As for Crayton, that was a good deal as well based upon his performance over the long haul. And he kept returning punts, and was a solid possession receiver. Considering Wade kept him in starting as a punt returner throughout the season, I'm sure Wade also had an influence in that.

Carpenter looked to be a bust and I assume they wanted another pass rushing OLB.

A bust after one year? Maybe he looked to be a bust according to Wade, who didn't play him until the last game against the Commanders... and that is why Wade told Jerry to go get Spencer...

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg;1907363 said:
why are you always taking any and every shot you can at jones?

Maybe to annoy those who have their heads up his ***

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Bach;1907386 said:
Well fill me in. How does my response to why I think Jerry finally caved and brought in someone like Bill have to do with the Commanders being over the cap and likely sucking?

no. ....

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Bach;1907382 said:
I agree. But if we could only convince the man in charge.

YOU CAN'T - which is why being so tied up and worried about it is pointless.

see what i mean - you don't understand it, and you never will.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg;1907404 said:
YOU CAN'T - which is why being so tied up and worried about it is pointless.

see what i mean - you don't understand it, and you never will.

So I guess I should just leave my brain at the door and blindly nod like the rest of you? Gotcha. I'll pass.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Bach;1907411 said:
So I guess I should just leave my brain at the door and blindly nod like the rest of you? Gotcha. I'll pass.

if you can find it, by all means, leave it.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg;1907428 said:
if you can find it, by all means, leave it.

Are we back in grade school?

But, like I said, just keep nodding. You do it well.

later.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Bach;1907448 said:
Are we back in grade school?

But, like I said, just keep nodding. You do it well.

later.

if you REALLY think we're back in grade school, then yes. i FINALLY dropped down far enough for you to at least get that far.

you keep hating, you do it well.

works both ways, you see. or don't.

PANIC!

swj010

Reaction score
khiladi;1907100 said:
What the hell?

Does Parcells get a pass for his crappy coaching job because "he brought in some good talent", and Wade needs to get fired for his coaching job after one year? And that too, going 13-3 with people who weren't his players.

Can we see what Wade is going to bring in within the next 2-3 years before we say he can't win a play-off game or Super Bowl?

I think San Diego is quite pleased that they have Igor Olshansky, Shaun Phillips, Shawn Marriman, Luis Castillo and Antonio Cromartie, all players that were drafted when Wade was the defensive coordinator....
And remember, it was largely with coaches that weren't his coaches. WP will now get the chance to find coaches who are "his" guys and players that fit his schemes. He deserves that chance and more considering what he did this year.

And don't forget, this last weekend was with coaches that he didn't choose focused on the the their new jobs in Miami rather than the Giants. I'm keeping an open mind and am looking forward to see what he does next year.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1907472 said:
Why? What would it matter?

Are you serious?

It'd matter a great deal if Jerry didn't care about who got credit for building the team. If that had been the case the whole time we could've had a decent GM in here the last 12+ years and maybe have won a playoff game in the last decade.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Bach;1907989 said:
Are you serious?

It'd matter a great deal if Jerry didn't care about who got credit for building the team. If that had been the case the whole time we could've had a decent GM in here the last 12+ years and maybe have won a playoff game in the last decade.

oh good god - put the hateraide down for just a minute and THINK!

it doesn't matter because you can't wish jerry jones into something he's not. all your whining and hate and jabs and stabs only serve YOU and annoy the rest of us.

he's NOT going to change. PERIOD.

now please, get a 4th grader in here to translate this into something bach can understand. that's the best i can do.

rangers71

Reaction score

And remember, it was largely with coaches that weren't his coaches. WP will now get the chance to find coaches who are "his" guys and players that fit his schemes. He deserves that chance and more considering what he did this year.

And don't forget, this last weekend was with coaches that he didn't choose focused on the the their new jobs in Miami rather than the Giants. I'm keeping an open mind and am looking forward to see what he does next year.

Finally someone who makes some sense.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
swj010;1907515 said:

That is a good point.

I remember last winter several pointed out how Jerry was hiring and in some cases forcing assistants on Wade. Now it's kind of interesting how these guys that weren't Wade's guys are now jumping ship. Who'd have thunk?

Maybe it's actually best for the HC to hire his own staff afterall.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Like Bill.... Wade has to weed out the remaining garbage.

I would like to see another year with Wade and Garrett and another WADE-draft.

I truly dont think he liked some of the players on defense. They werent Wade's preference.

CB and WR with our 1st 2 picks. No question. AND a FA WR.