Can We See Who Wade is Gonna Draft This Year Before We Panic

JPM

Reaction score
nyc;1907155 said:
Just an FYI. 18 teams passed on Antonio Cromartie. The Cowboys did feel they needed a CB with Henry, Newman, and Glenn. They were looking for a linebacker.

29 teams skipped on Joseph Addai. Every team skipped on Marques Colston six times. Every team skipped on Jay Ratliff six times.

Dude, you can't know every player is going to come out and be a pro bowler. He was selected 19th overall. It's still first round, but he wasn't even a top 10 player. Usually, only top 3 are fully expected to be dominating players, and so many times they aren't!
And every team passed on Tom Brady 6 times.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
khiladi;1907157 said:
Kind of like the JJ years...

Yeah, when he said "crazy" the first players that came to mind were Alonzo Spellman and Demitrius Underwood.

Boysboy

Reaction score
nyc;1907155 said:
Just an FYI. 18 teams passed on Antonio Cromartie. The Cowboys did feel they needed a CB with Henry, Newman, and Glenn. They were looking for a linebacker.

29 teams skipped on Joseph Addai. Every team skipped on Marques Colston six times. Every team skipped on Jay Ratliff six times.

Dude, you can't know every player is going to come out and be a pro bowler. He was selected 19th overall. It's still first round, but he wasn't even a top 10 player. Usually, only top 3 are fully expected to be dominating players, and so many times they aren't!

And less not forget Andy "I'm a drafting machine" Reid and his *brilliant* first day picks with FredEx, Stinkston, LJ Smith(when Witten was still on the board), Ryan Moats(when MB3 was still on), Reggie Brown, Jerome McDougal, Michael Lewis, Kevin Kolb(likely in the making), Tony Hunt, etc.

And we all on CZ thought we were BAD?:laugh1:

khiladi

Reaction score
nyc;1907155 said:

And Wade didn't pass up on him... As I said before, 5 of the 10 players drafted during Wade's tenure on defense are starters and ballers. At least 2 of them are key contributors when they substitute. Others make singificant impacts on special teams.

The Cowboys were looking for a linebacker they probably could have gotten in the second round? And BP had Aaron Glenn on the verge of social security...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
khiladi;1907165 said:
And Wade didn't pass up on him...

They were looking for a linebacker they probably could have gotten in the second round? And BP had Aaron Glenn on the verge of social security...

What makes you think it was Wade's final decision on Antonio Cromartie? I mean he wasn't the HC or the GM. I'm sure he had say, but he didn't have final say.

khiladi

Reaction score
nyc;1907171 said:
What makes you think it was Wade's final decision on Antonio Cromartie? I mean he wasn't the HC or the GM. I'm sure he had say, but he didn't have final say.

There is what you call statistical trend.

San Diego sucked rotten eggs before Wade came. As I stated before., 5 of the 10 draft picks on defense during the tenure of Wade Phillips are starting right now, and are ballers. 2 of them substitute and perform pretty damn well.

The trend surely supports the notion that it was Wade...

superpunk

Reaction score
Good advice. After all the meaningful contributions we got from this year's draft class, why wouldn't anyone be thrilled to see what happens next year in the draft? ;)

I think AJ Smith, that arrogant tard, gets most of the draft credit in San Diego.

khiladi

Reaction score
Bach;1907179 said:
Did Wade get promoted?

I'm sure that Wade had a big influence in JJ re-signing Ratliffe to an extension...

It surely wasn't JJ that was riding Ratliff's nuts through every press conference...

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1907210 said:
Do you mean demoted? Or am I missing the obvious again?

The thread title mentions who Wade is gonna draft. If Wade is in charge of personnel, then I guess he must've got a promotion.

khiladi

Reaction score
Bach;1907220 said:
The thread title mentions who Wade is gonna draft. If Wade is in charge of personnel, then I guess he must've got a promotion.

According to you, Bill drafted all the players... was he in charge of personnel?

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Jerry: "What do you think about trading our entire draft for McFadden?"
Wade: "Uh, 13-3!!!"

Funny sig.

Custodian at Valley Ranch to Wade: "Good morning, Coach Phillips."

Wade: "Thirteen and three."

-------------

Jerry: "Wade, I need to speak with you for a minute."

--------------

Clerk at 7-11: "The Twinkies and the hot link come to $7.98."

-------------

Wade's wife: "Good-night, honey."

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
khiladi;1907232 said:
According to you, Bill drafted all the players... was he in charge of personnel?

Bill was given a lot of control in personnel decisions, just like Jimmy. I don't know if Wade has that same deal or not. I'm sure he has input like many HC's, but not to the extent of Jimmy and Bill.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Chief;1907252 said:
Funny sig.

-------------

--------------

-------------

:laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bach;1907220 said:
Oh, I wasn't paying attention to superficial things. I know the HC always has input in who to Draft and pretty much credit draft picks to their regime and therefore to them.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Chief;1907252 said:
Funny sig.

-------------

--------------

-------------

There's gotta be a Coors Light commercial in there somewhere.

Fan in the middle of reporters "Coach! Coach! What Jersey Numbers has Joey Harrington worn in the NFL?"

Wade "13 - 3"

Other fan "Coach! Coach! How many hotdogs do you eat before the game compared to cans of Coors light?"

Wade: "13 - 3"

khiladi

Reaction score
Bach;1907256 said:
Bill was given a lot of control in personnel decisions, just like Jimmy. I don't know if Wade has that same deal or not. I'm sure he has input like many HC's, but not to the extent of Jimmy and Bill.

Based upon what? Speculation?

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1907277 said:
Oh, I wasn't paying attention to superficial things. I know the HC always has input in who to Draft and pretty much credit draft picks to their regime and therefore to them.

In Dallas, it's not superficial, it's important. Just ask the man in charge, it's important to him who gets credit.