Can We See Who Wade is Gonna Draft This Year Before We Panic

khiladi

Reaction score
What the hell?

Does Parcells get a pass for his crappy coaching job because "he brought in some good talent", and Wade needs to get fired for his coaching job after one year? And that too, going 13-3 with people who weren't his players.

Can we see what Wade is going to bring in within the next 2-3 years before we say he can't win a play-off game or Super Bowl?

I think San Diego is quite pleased that they have Igor Olshansky, Shaun Phillips, Shawn Marriman, Luis Castillo and Antonio Cromartie, all players that were drafted when Wade was the defensive coordinator....

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
no. we must panic now. we must panic at the next move. we must panic on the bus. we must panic off the bus. panic is what we do. we panic. panic is our thing. we don't need a reason we just need something to point at so we don't look overly silly. then we'll panic.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
iceberg;1907114 said:
no. we must panic now. we must panic at the next move. we must panic on the bus. we must panic off the bus. panic is what we do. we panic. panic is our thing. we don't need a reason we just need something to point at so we don't look overly silly. then we'll panic.

:laugh2: :clap:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Wade already said he is going to trade both #1 for Ted Ginn Jr. Jr. :laugh2:

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
iceberg;1907114 said:

:laugh2:

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
khiladi;1907100 said:
What the F?

Does Parcells get a pass for his crappy coaching job because "he brought in some good talent", and Wade needs to get fired for his coaching job after one year? And that too, going 13-3 with people who weren't his players.

Can we see what Wade is going to bring in within the next 2-3 years before we say he can't win a play-off game or Super Bowl?

I think San Diego is quite pleased that they have Igor Olshansky, Shaun Phillips, Shawn Marriman, Luis Castillo and Antonio Cromartie, all players that were drafted when Wade was the defensive coordinator....

That sounds reasonable. :thumbup:

awww forget it!!! Panic!!!!!Panic!!!!! Panic!!!!! thats more fun.:eekmouse: :cry3: :cry2: :leave: :scram:

khiladi

Reaction score
iceberg;1907114 said:

It is amazing that people have forgotten about this essential aspect of personnel... Who the hell has Jason Garrett evaluated from a personnel stand-point to know he can improve on this team? Does Parcells get a free-pass for his coaching, because of his talent evaluation, but Wade doesn't get a chance to prove his worth because his coaching allegedly sucks?

Did Wade pass up on Antonio Cromartie? No... But Parcells surely did... I guess Parcells thought Reeves was also adequate... he was only waiting for Aaron Glenn to retire before he put Reeves in at nickel... We had a serious draft this year, and made some key additions in free-agency with Wade here... Dan Reeves said that Wade is a great evaluator of talent, I beileve he said, one of the best he has worked with...

Wade is gonna make some changes, like he said... book it...

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
iceberg;1907114 said:

panic-button2.jpg

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
khiladi;1907100 said:
What the F?

I agree.

And for those who say that Wade had nothing to do with those players... He sure mentioned scouting them this year at our PCs. He's also talked about working with John Butler at Buffalo on players, where they took some pretty good players like Antoine Winfield.

JMO, but at least on defense, I think he has something to add after seeing defenses for 30 years.

I also think we're going to see an emphasis on more of the aggressive, energetic, "crazy" kind of players now that we don't have to follow the rigid size requirements Parcells had. That's what I remember seeing in watching some of his old Buffalo teams on NFLN this year -- defenses that swarmed and hit like madmen.

RxMan

Reaction score
I didn't realize that Wade not only was a DC for the Chargers, but was also in charge of the draft. ;)
I'm sure he had input, but only on the good players. The bad picks weren't his idea!

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
khiladi;1907100 said:
What the hell?

how long is wade's contract?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Surely by now you realize that there are people who will panic even if they are in the middle of an orgasm.

"Oh my gosh, what's happening to me?"

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Rampage;1907139 said:
how long is wade's contract?

It's a three year contract with an option for a fourth year. So basically he's signed through the 2009 season (with an option for 2010).

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2758164

ESPN story said:
"It's a big job, but I'm ready for it," said Phillips, who got a three-year contract that includes an option for a fourth season. Financial terms were not disclosed.

khiladi

Reaction score
RxMan;1907137 said:
I didn't realize that Wade not only was a DC for the Chargers, but was also in charge of the draft. ;)
I'm sure he had input, but only on the good players. The bad picks weren't his idea!

Uh, when he became defensive coordinator, they surely imporved from major suckage to one of the best in the league...

If out of the 10 players drafted on defense during Wade's tenure, 50 percent of them are starting on that defense and making a significant impact, and a few others are signficant contributors when these players go down, or are on special teams, I am quite sure one can attribute part of that to Wade.... where were they before, and where are those previous defenseive players now?

who would you think knows more about which type of players suit his system, than himself?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
khiladi;1907126 said:
Did Wade pass up on Antonio Cromartie? No... But Parcells surely did... I guess Parcells thought Reeves was also adequate... he was only waiting for Aaron Glenn to retire before he put Reeves in at nickel... We had a serious draft this year, and made some key additions in free-agency with Wade here... Dan Reeves said that Wade is a great evaluator of talent, I beileve he said, one of the best he has worked with...
Just an FYI. 18 teams passed on Antonio Cromartie. The Cowboys did feel they needed a CB with Henry, Newman, and Glenn. They were looking for a linebacker.

29 teams skipped on Joseph Addai. Every team skipped on Marques Colston six times. Every team skipped on Jay Ratliff six times.

Dude, you can't know every player is going to come out and be a pro bowler. He was selected 19th overall. It's still first round, but he wasn't even a top 10 player. Usually, only top 3 are fully expected to be dominating players, and so many times they aren't!

khiladi

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1907133 said:
I also think we're going to see an emphasis on more of the aggressive, energetic, "crazy" kind of players now that we don't have to follow the rigid size requirements Parcells had. That's what I remember seeing in watching some of his old Buffalo teams on NFLN this year -- defenses that swarmed and hit like madmen.

Kind of like the JJ years...

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Rampage;1907151 said:
thanks, so that means wade has 2 more seasons to see what he can do.

Well, he'll at least get paid for it. If it's one and done next year, I could see him getting axed with a year left on his contract (see: Gailey, Chan).

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Doomsday;1907144 said:
After going 12 years without a playoff win, I am ready to start pressing it.

Thats the buttom most pushed when users are ask to "Press any key to continue" because they panic when they cannot locate the "any" key. :banghead: