Can we stop the Eagles push?

Blackrain

Reaction score
And by this I mean that rugby scrum technique they use on fourth down to get a couple yards that has in no small form push them to the top of the NFC East and made them a contender for a super bowl.
Playing a team that only has to get 8 yards in three Downs and is pretty much guaranteed the other two is a handicap not many teams can overcome.

At this point after watching the success rate of this play my feeling is it needs to come to a screeching halt and the only way to accomplish that is make the risk not worth the reward.

I think there's not much else to do but take the penalty and do whatever you have to do to their quarterback to stop this play.
Your thoughts

Cas2800

Reaction score
If you watch philly the two backs use Hurts kidney pads to reach under and push forward creating the push for him. Most defenses are trying to dive over the top and taking them off their feet and they get carried for 3 yards. They need to do exactly the same push philly does to have a chance.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
A team gets really good at a play and the reaction is to either call for a rule change or try to injure players to make them afraid to try the play. That's sounds like the Mafia making an offer you can't refuse.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And by this I mean that rugby scrum technique they use on fourth down to get a couple yards that has in no small form push them to the top of the NFC East and made them a contender for a super bowl.
Playing a team that only has to get 8 yards in three Downs and is pretty much guaranteed the other two is a handicap not many teams can overcome.

At this point after watching the success rate of this play my feeling is it needs to come to a screeching halt and the only way to accomplish that is make the risk not worth the reward.

I think there's not much else to do but take the penalty and do whatever you have to do to their quarterback to stop this play.
Your thoughts
No, but you can hit Hurts hard. From multiple players. Make him pay.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Pulling a player is not allowed so just eliminate pushing.
End of cheating.
You're not allowed to use another player to elevate and jump over the pile but you can push another player forward in either instance you're using a player to go forward

Blackrain

Reaction score
If you watch philly the two backs use Hurts kidney pads to reach under and push forward creating the push for him. Most defenses are trying to dive over the top and taking them off their feet and they get carried for 3 yards. They need to do exactly the same push philly does to have a chance.
Now there's a possibility we have to stack the line with more beef than they have on their line and push our beef forward with more beef.
Now the question looms of where do we get more beef because I guarantee you this play is coming we are going to have to watch it and watch them be successful doing it against us and I don't know about anybody else but I'm getting real tired of it

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They did not seem to be able to stop it when the team played them earlier this season.

Best way to beat it is to prevent them from getting close enough to use it. It is good for a yard or two.
Beyond that they probably will not do it.

Of course that is easier said than done.

I do not know if it could work as they could adapt but if your D is going straight at 12 oclock position in other words straight forward since they are going straight forward.
Maybe you have your D line attack at a slight angle...11:50 or 12:05 if you are using the clock.
Push them to the side somewhat so they might go parallel to the LOS. Even then that is probably far fetched but just throwing ideas out.

Blackrain

Reaction score
No, but you can hit Hurts hard. From multiple players. Make him pay.
I very much like that idea every time he tries that pound him from every direction.
Getting very tired of seeing this team be successful at that play and knowing we have to play them and it's coming

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sooner or later this is gonna happen.
They're gonna be in a playoff game or even a Super Bowl, time running out inside the 10 yd line. They're just going to run that play four times and nobody is gonna stop them.
It's rugby.
It's crap, ban it.
Just eliminate pushing the ball carrier.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
I would be intrigued to see them try to tush push all the way down the field.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No defensive coordinator has been able to figure it out in 2 seasons. I've seen fans suggesting trying to break linemen's arms and try to injure the qb. Classy stuff. So I doubt you'll find any real answers here.

Only way I have seen to stop it is to avoid it. Gotta avoid 3rd and 2.

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
Its all about the center position. In this case Kelsey. To even come close you would have to put your two beefiest linemen right over Kelsey,....that would be Hankins and Mazi with them each playing half of Kelsey so to speak. They have to be as low as possible,....on their knees basically.

Anyone remember how when Greg Schiano was coaching the Bucs he was pissing the NFL off at end of games how he sent his defense on Kneel downs?

youtube.com/watch?v=jHqyGET_JXY&ab_channel=SayaBencong

DZSierra

Reaction score
Your thoughts
Exactly why would you take a penalty to give them the first down?

God, when you state "do whatever you have to do to their QB to stop this play" do you understand exactly what kind of person you sound to be? And you think Philly fans are bad? lmao