Can we stop the Eagles push?

DZSierra

Reaction score
They practice it a lot each and every week. The successor to Kelce is already plying at RG … Cam Jurgens. He was hand picked by Kelce prior to the 2022 Draft.
Then why can't other teams practice the play a lot each and every week?

If you need one yard given the game situation, wouldn't you want to practice a play that gives you a high percentage rate of succeeding? This is where I begrudgingly have to give the eagles credit.

Never new that about Jergens. Not so nice to know that that they have a gameplan in place when Kelce retires.

DZSierra

Reaction score
I disagree. All he's saying is, to the people that think Dallas should cheap shot Hurts, is that what would then keep Philly from cheap shoting Dak or Micah??
I think football has progressed over the years where players aren't litterally trying to kill each other and take them out of the game.

I've never played pro anything per a team sport, but in todays high dollar contracts along with the medical information we know have on how hard football is on the body, I would like to think that pro athletes want to give 110% and lay the ball carrier out, but "cheap shots" to intentionally hurt a player has dwindled.

I don't care what team a player plays for. If he's seen doing a cheap shot, he should be ejected from the game immediately IMO.

Honestly, when you're thinking you have to hurt the player to get him out of the game so you can win the game, I'd respectfully argue that the team isn't that much better and they are the cry babies.

Dallas keeps Philly away from a 3rd or 4th and 1, they should be good. Philly makes a couple of first downs on a 3rd or 4th and 1 and it decides the game, the Cowboys should lose because they put themselves in that position via the score to begin with.

Blackrain

Reaction score
When you state "whatever it takes", it leaves a lot open for interpretation:)
I've done my best to explain that I am not about intentionally hurting anyone.
That' said if you're the Philadelphia eagles who cheered when our players got hurt whose coach put bounties out to hurt our players and you choose to use your quarterback in a way that puts him at risk and he does get hurt I don't feel sorry for you and I don't care you chose your path deal with it.
Looks like you're shooting an M1A got to like that

Last edited:

mattwill

Reaction score
Then why can't other teams practice the play a lot each and every week?

If you need one yard given the game situation, wouldn't you want to practice a play that gives you a high percentage rate of succeeding? This is where I begrudgingly have to give the eagles credit.

Never new that about Jergens. Not so nice to know that that they have a gameplan in place when Kelce retires.
It isn't just practice. It is also the makeup of the whole O-Line. The Eagles team-building philosophy is "build from the trenches out." They place a premium value on O-Linemen and D-Linemen ... both in the Draft and in Free Agency. They also devote extra roster spots to those two areas when compared to other teams ... typically 10 O-Linemen and 10 D-Linemen (they have 9 and 11 this year, and had 12 D-linemen until last week when they waived Derek Barnett). Then to top it off they have arguably the best O-Line coach in the last 20 years of the NFL in Jeff Stoutland.

So practice is important, but it is only part of the picture.

mattwill

Reaction score
That' said if you're the Philadelphia eagles who cheered when our players got hurt whose coach put bounties out to hurt our players and you choose to use your quarterback in a way that puts him at risk and he does get hurt I don't feel sorry for you and I don't care you chose your path deal with it.
Fair enough. The injury risk that the Eagles subject Hurts to is definitely gambling. So far it has paid off, but all it takes is one injury and things change radically.

DZSierra

Reaction score
I then owe you an apology. I was wrong and Im sorry.

Would you rather emulate Tom Landry or Buddy Ryan? Honestly, I wouldn't tarnish Landry's name with Ryan in the same sentence, but hopefully I made my point. Also, I don't believe any Eagles cheered when Irvin got injured, but the fans. Tells you about the quality of fans doesn't it?

Yes, it's not hard to like the M1A with the heavier bullet out a good ways.

If the Eagles play a superior football team, the tush push won't be relevent to the game.

Deionindahood

Reaction score
Where in any of my post did I say "hurt" Hurts? I said kill, which is try to take down, their QB who is running. I don't know if you know this or not, but every player with the ball is trying to be killed by other players. Killed not in the sense of murder, but I'm sure you understand.
First off, using the term kill in football is implied as a especially hard hit, intended to inflict pain. So taking it in context, it can mean to hurt or injure.
Secondly, Hurts is barely at walking speed when the do the shove. So I don't see where enough momentum could be generated to kill Hurts. If the Eagles said they want to kill Dak in Dec., I doubt any one of us fans or players would take it as just wanting to tackle him.