Can we stop the Eagles push?

Blackrain

Reaction score
I think we need to put more beef in the middle and a safety on either corner to come in and Hammer the quarterback if we can get him stood up for a moment

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We couldn’t stop it when we played them a few weeks ago. From what I’ve read, it’s been stopped four or five times since they started doing it. They appear to have it perfected and it’s pretty much unstoppable now. They’re able to push out 2-3 yards with it on average.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I think we need to put more beef in the middle and a safety on either corner to come in and Hammer the quarterback if we can get him stood up for a moment
But then they have plays off of that if u 100% commit to clogging the point of attack.

I always see AJ Brown and Devonta Smith flanking the QB. Don't necessarily want to give up a 50 yard TD pitch and catch to prevent a 1 yard sneak.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Exactly why would you take a penalty to give them the first down?

God, when you state "do whatever you have to do to their QB to stop this play" do you understand exactly what kind of person you sound to be? And you think Philly fans are bad? lmao
Ha

"Let's put a 7th round practice squad guy in there with a gun to stop this play. Sure...it will be a 15 yard penalty....but, you know. Wink wink"

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You take a situation like down by the goal line inside the five there's pretty much absolutely no way you're going to stop this play so you take the penalty.
Damn they're snap count just everybody fire off the ball and smash their own line and quarterback into the Twilight zone on your snap count.

Take the penalty of half the distance to the goal and tee off on them again they're going to eventually score no matter what but at least gives you a chance to tee off on them and impose your will.
This is actually kind of a funny scenario. Could just keep having the defense plow everyone over as soon as the center touches the ball. How many plays in a row would this be able to go for? Would definitely lead to a lot of pushing and shoving matches down there. What could the refs do besides keep calling offsides/encroachment penalties. Would the Eagles give up eventually and run a normal play? Who knows, but could be a funny thing to see play out.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
This is actually kind of a funny scenario. Could just keep having the defense plow everyone over as soon as the center touches the ball. How many plays in a row would this be able to go for? Would definitely lead to a lot of pushing and shoving matches down there. What could the refs do besides keep calling offsides/encroachment penalties. Would the Eagles give up eventually and run a normal play? Who knows, but could be a funny thing to see play out.
If defenses could just "plow everyone over" i.e. if it was that easy to just plow over their oLine....I would think defenses would just do that ALL the time...not just on shove plays.

If you can just plow over their oLine, I doubt they'd ever even get to 3rd or 4th and 1.

It would always be 4th and 35.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If defenses could just "plow everyone over" i.e. if it was that easy to just plow over their oLine....I would think defenses would just do that ALL the time...not just on shove plays.

If you can just plow over their oLine, I doubt they'd ever even get to 3rd or 4th and 1.

It would always be 4th and 35.
Going before the snap would catch the OL off guard no? In this scenario on the goalline you're only giving up half the distance to the goal for the penalty of going early. I'm sure nobody would ever do it but it's funny to think about it.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
You take a situation like down by the goal line inside the five there's pretty much absolutely no way you're going to stop this play so you take the penalty.
Damn they're snap count just everybody fire off the ball and smash their own line and quarterback into the Twilight zone on your snap count.

Take the penalty of half the distance to the goal and tee off on them again they're going to eventually score no matter what but at least gives you a chance to tee off on them and impose your will.
Lol....isn't every single play about the dLine trying to fire off and smash the OLine and/or the QB?

Again....if it were that easy to just "fire off the line, plow over their oLine and smash the QB (pretty much the objective of every defensive play any team has ever run) why wait till 3rd or 4th down? Just plow over them on 1st down....and knock them back 15 yards every single play.

Genius! We should be defensive coordinators!

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Going before the snap would catch the OL off guard no? In this scenario on the goalline you're only giving up half the distance to the goal for the penalty of going early. I'm sure nobody would ever do it but it's funny to think about it.
Oh....if you mean going before the snap to fire into the QB...well, I guess that would work. But I'm not sure that's any different than just walking up to him in pre game warmups or on the sideline, feigning a handshake, and just surprise launching urself into his knee.

Only issue is....NFL players tend to get even, so then our QB would get his leg caved in revenge-style.

Or...here's an idea.....we just play football and try to stop them.

mote

Reaction score
Lol....isn't every single play about the dLine trying to fire off and smash the OLine and/or the QB?

Again....if it were that easy to just "fire off the line, plow over their oLine and smash the QB (pretty much the objective of every defensive play any team has ever run) why wait till 3rd or 4th down? Just plow over them on 1st down....and knock them back 15 yards every single play.

Genius! We should be defensive coordinators!
I'm pretty sure this would work easily against 6'8" 370 lb Jordan Mailata. I mean, just push him out of the way!

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh....if you mean going before the snap to fire into the QB...well, I guess that would work. But I'm not sure that's any different than just walking up to him in pre game warmups or on the sideline, feigning a handshake, and just surprise launching urself into his knee.

Only issue is....NFL players tend to get even, so then our QB would get his leg caved in revenge-style.

Nah man, I'm not advocating trying to injure anyone. That's what trash human beings do. I'm just saying have them plow the OL over before the snap to frustrate the hell out of them. Like I said, I doubt any DC would ever do it but the scenario of them repeatedly knocking the OL on their butts before they snap the ball struck me kind of funny.

Adreme

Reaction score
Nah man, I'm not advocating trying to injure anyone. That's what trash human beings do. I'm just saying have them plow the OL over before the snap to frustrate the hell out of them. Like I said, I doubt any DC would ever do it but the scenario of them repeatedly knocking the OL on their butts before they snap the ball struck me kind of funny.
I somehow doubt a free first down and more yards than they would have gotten with the play would frustrate them.

mote

Reaction score

Just call it the Tanya Harding play. Get your best Jeff Gilooly impersonator out there with a 2x4 and go to town! (Has there ever been a better name for a buffoon goon like "Jeff Gilooly"?)