Can we talk about 90?

Brooksey

Reaction score
Lots of blame to go around for yesterday. That includes a one-sided officiating crew. In all the vitriol yesterday I didn’t see much talk about Lawrence. He has been non existent most of this season. This is when he is getting lots of one on one looks as Parsons draws double teams the vast majority of the snaps. I have never been a fan of Lawrence but his lack of production at a key position is really hurting the team.

Thoughts?
I saw a play yesterday that would have been a sack in his previous years. Love Dlaw, he's still playing well but he's not what he once was.

Brax

Reaction score
Who do you think almost crushed Hurts knee?
A hit like that on Dak and folks would be screaming about a no call refs fix. DL has had a pretty good year but not to worry the homers will be crowing after Sunday when they destroy the Giants, this is a Cowboys special a bottom feeder with a scrub QB and a stat game for all, can’t wait for the chest beating on beating up a yet another hapless team.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
D Flaw will never step up and make a big play when you need him to. To expect him to do anything in a game like this is madness. Dude cares about his bag of money. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Thanks for answering this question like an adult and not using the anonymity of the internet to act like a jerk and just disparage people. I know emotions are high given another tough loss yesterday but to come on and just rip people is wrong.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Thanks for answering this question like an adult and not using the anonymity of the internet to act like a jerk and just disparage people. I know emotions are high given another tough loss yesterday but to come on and just rip people is wrong.
@Techsass responded like an adult too, including a link to oppose your point of view.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Lots of blame to go around for yesterday. That includes a one-sided officiating crew. In all the vitriol yesterday I didn’t see much talk about Lawrence. He has been non existent most of this season. This is when he is getting lots of one on one looks as Parsons draws double teams the vast majority of the snaps. I have never been a fan of Lawrence but his lack of production at a key position is really hurting the team.

Thoughts?
he and gallup are two of the top 5 highest players on the team. yet they have produced nada! two key players not doing anything to help the team, in fact Gallup dropping passes in key situations. tired of his act.

and I wanted to cut lawrence two years ago. and here we are.

gtb1943

Reaction score
The one play he was out in the red zone early in the game, the Eagles ran right at Armstrong for a walk-in TD. Not all play is about stats and sacks.
Armstrong is the most over rated player on the D by fan reaction.

The guy works hard but does not and never has been worth what we have paid him.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
I disagree. He puts a lot of pressure on QBs and is pretty good against the run. I know a saw quite a few uncalled holds on him yesterday. He's not an elite player but still pretty good. I used to be in the "he doesn't have any sacks so he sucks" group until I really paid attention to him on a snap to snap basis. He definitely makes an impact when he's out there

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Thoughts?
Man U so clueless
He’s rated as a top 10 edge this year

Pass2Run

Reaction score
He's the second best player on the defense and has been excellent all year, just has finished the sacks.

As always, 90 is the litmus test of who knows what they're talking about.
I agree. What he's doing isn't sexy or flashy, but he plays a very important role, and does a pretty good job at it.

When the OP says "non-existent," he just means that he isn't getting a pick 6 or a force fumble every other down... Schemewise, Dlaw is very important and, while a step slower, still a very important part of the defense.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
If I told you that the top 10 highest paid players on the team after the QB are Lawrence, Martin, Gilmore, Pollard, Tyron, Dorance, Gallup, Kearse, Cooks and Lewis what would you say? I would say uh oh you guys are screwed. You are not getting much out of your "stars".

Now what if I told you that the lowest paid people on your team are Parsons, Lamb, Tyler Smith, Osa, Hankins, Bland, Clark, Bell, Turpin, Aubrey, Ferguson. I would say dang with that kind of production out of the bottom of your roster you guys must never lose.

This is the nature of the team and it is the same year after year. This is the nature of Jerry. We like our guys until it is too late.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Man U so clueless
The man has 20 tackles and 2 sacks. He is a fine player but he is a negative contract and a terrible leader. He is a cancer that should have been cut out with the rest of the Hot Boyz.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Man U so clueless
Last 2.5 years guy has 11 sacks and 19 tackles for a loss. Over the same period Nick Bosa has 37 sacks and 46 TFL. Garrett has 41 and 43. He’s not even in the same category as the star DEs.