Can we talk about the Front Office?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I'm sure the he is upset that in a game that people claimed C-Mike might start, that even after Randle was injured C-Mike only had 5 carries for 18 yards.

You are so wrong it's just comical. Typical "look at me I was right" slant. Cmike's workload will continue to increase and, if our coahes are smart (doubtful), it will be used to keep DMC fresh for 4 quarters at a time.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are so wrong it's just comical. Typical "look at me I was right" slant. Cmike's workload will continue to increase and, if our coahes are smart (doubtful), it will be used to keep DMC fresh for 4 quarters at a time.

Your cult basically all said McFadden was crap which turned out to be false.

I've never said C-Mike was crap. Only that you guys over-hype him.

It seems that C-Mike will have to get some carries if Randle misses a game.

What am I wrong about?

dallasdave

Reaction score
The Weeden signing was a huge mistake, and everyone here who had seen him play suffered near cardiac arrest when it was announced. I can't imagine what the front office was thinking.

As far as McFadden goes, I'm hoping he's a Miles Austin type who just needed a chance to play to show what he's got.

Good post, Dmac could be a real asset if he can play like he did last game, each game !!!

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Your cult basically all said McFadden was crap which turned out to be false.

I've never said C-Mike was crap. Only that you guys over-hype him.

It seems that C-Mike will have to get some carries if Randle misses a game.

What am I wrong about?

So McFadden was pretending to be crap for the first 5 weeks. We all saw him run right into people and not elude anyone in the open field as a receiver.

He had a really good game once the OL went back to a power scheme and he could just run straight through open holes. His balance, vision and health are all question marks.

That is the main upside of a RBBC. Just keep rotating them as they get used up or hurt.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
So McFadden was pretending to be crap for the first 5 weeks. We all saw him run right into people and not elude anyone in the open field as a receiver.

He had a really good game once the OL went back to a power scheme and he could just run straight through open holes. His balance, vision and health are all question marks.

That is the main upside of a RBBC. Just keep rotating them as they get used up or hurt.

Right.. & we just needed to find the right two to rotate. I think we found them.

Eddie

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of 30 year RB's so Chris Johnson wasn't a factor.

Our QB situation is a mess and it's going to get worse.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He was very good in this past game against the Giants.

He could have been good if he had better blocking in previous games.

There has been nothing wrong with his receiving. He has a terrific reception for a TD that was called back in this game.

Any "holes" he saw in this game was what Murray saw all of last season.

I don't think anybody has said that McFadden would be a super star RB but that he could be a very good RB to have on the team as part of a RBBC if the blocking was decent.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Right.. & we just needed to find the right two to rotate. I think we found them.

Come on man... Before Randle got hurt he had two rushes for 24 yards. He had more yards on two carries than Michael had on 5. I want Michael to perform and push Randle and/or McFadden too, but you're really starting to come off really homerish. The guy did nothing. He did nothing to prove he should be the one rotating with McFadden. He got carries by default due to injury and did nothing.

Maybe if he got the bulk of the carries he would get in a rhythm and put up good numbers, but nothing, nothing thus far in his short career shows that to be the case. He was cast off from the team who took him in the second round and he couldn't get more than one carry a game here, with a struggling rushing attack, until an injury came along.

I appreciate your optimism, but at some point you have to start being realistic, right?

Junglist

Reaction score
Funny how Garrett was consensus coach of the year last year and how Stephen Jones was a football wizard. As soon as adversity hits, they all suck again.

I wasn't in that camp annointing Garrett. It's not hard to rely on the #1 RB and Romo to sustain drives and keep the other offense off the field. We were just as predictable last season; we just got away with it. The ATL and NO loss is all on the coaching. Same with GB two years ago. Murray was shredding the packers, then we decided to quit running. Genius move. He is what he is.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Come on man... Before Randle got hurt he had two rushes for 24 yards. He had more yards on two carries than Michael had on 5. I want Michael to perform and push Randle and/or McFadden too, but you're really starting to come off really homerish. The guy did nothing. He did nothing to prove he should be the one rotating with McFadden. He got carries by default due to injury and did nothing.

Maybe if he got the bulk of the carries he would get in a rhythm and put up good numbers, but nothing, nothing thus far in his short career shows that to be the case. He was cast off from the team who took him in the second round and he couldn't get more than one carry a game here, with a struggling rushing attack, until an injury came along.

I appreciate your optimism, but at some point you have to start being realistic, right?

I'm very realistic. Randle is not a lead dog. Thats 100% real. Randle is also a world class sprinter in the 1st half and a world class donkey in the second half. More realism. So his incredibly awesome 2 rushes for 24 yards in the 1st half was right on track.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Please...no more complaining. We've got an art collection......

temp20130412_DAL_Jim_Campbell_art04-3--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
635734511942840431-Screen-Shot-2015-07-25-at-5.49.13-PM.png

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The team did a poor job of self-evaluation. Several people who cover the team have seen it too.

They misjudged their run game, their backup quarterback, and what they had at wide receiver.

And it's clearly played out that way to this point in the season.

And the trades they've made clearly support that fact. The staunch supporters can type otherwise until their fingers bleed, but actions, not words show things clearly.

They thought they had the run game figured out and their committee approach was the way to go. Proven wrong. Trade for Michael.

They thought Weeden was good enough. Wrong again. Hence the trade for Cassel.

And the trade for Butler speaks for itself.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The team did a poor job of self-evaluation. Several people who cover the team have seen it too.

They misjudged their run game, their backup quarterback, and what they had at wide receiver.

And the trades they've made clearly support that fact. The staunch supporters can type otherwise until their fingers bleed, but actions, not words show things clearly.

They thought they had the run game figured out and their committee approach was the way to go. Proven wrong. Trade for Michael.

Yessir. Nailed all points. & there's nothing wrong with talking about it. It's therapeutic.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
In the front office I trust. Our problems are injuries that no one could have predicted all at one time to the most important players.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

:hammer::bow:....preach it

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Let's not mention Demarco. Let's just completely leave that one buried in the past where it rightfully belongs. Ok?

Let's start with Chris Johnson. I would like to quote a snippet from a CJ interview back in May.

Johnson said this week when asked if the Cowboys would serve as a solid landing spot, per TMZ.

What were we thinking? Many of us couldn't understand why the FO wouldn't give him a look. I recall that area of time where we all hoped & wondered. Dude is now the 2nd leading rusher in the league and making himself known in Arizona. Wow. That all still gets under my skin.

Then you have Brandon Weeden. How were we able to go into this season with him and his winless streak as our primary backup to Romo. We placed this guy in a spot that was surely to get some PT this year given Romo's history of injuries. Something was bound to happen.

Let's approach it this way. Can you imagine having Chris Johnson and Matt Cassel together early on when Romo went down? One can speculate but I will go out on a limb and say we are at least 4-2 at this point in the season.

There is just no good excuse for not properly preparing for contingency. It's a long grueling season. In basketball, If you have no bench you have no real semblance of a championship makeup. That's kind of the way it has felt early on this season.

I like where the FO is going with Stephen and Willie but also feel they have a lot of work to do with regard to coming together during the offseason both via the draft and FA to place us in the best possible position for success. On the offensive side of the ball, they came up short this offseason.

La'el was mostly a Jerry move. I also call Hardy a Jerry move unless someone has evidence otherwise. Jones looks to be the part. Gregory might pan out. But, beyond that, it gets very fuzzy in terms of what we have done on the offensive side of the ball to improve.

Damn I was one of those that was ALL IN for signing him. But some here were saying that he would not fit and that he doesn't have anything left in the tank.

I'm really pissed at the FO for not even looking into it - which is very amateurish on their behalf. Now were stuck with Randle. Luckily, we discovered that MacFadden can actually be a productive back in our system. But why did it take us this long to find that out?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

I was about to say that. Im ok with the RBBC if they keep running the power game with one dominant running back. The other back can come in for relieve. Randle can sit as a 3rd rotational back. But I would rather see a two back system with MacFadden and CMike.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Let's not get the anointing oil out just yet on Dmac. It was one game after a bye week. Against NE he looked done, tiptoeing around and getting tackled by his shoestrings.

Cmike is going to get more and more chances.

Wow with a total of 5 carries vs the Patriots you come up with this .:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Let's not mention Demarco. Let's just completely leave that one buried in the past where it rightfully belongs. Ok?

Let's start with Chris Johnson. I would like to quote a snippet from a CJ interview back in May.

Johnson said this week when asked if the Cowboys would serve as a solid landing spot, per TMZ.

What were we thinking? Many of us couldn't understand why the FO wouldn't give him a look. I recall that area of time where we all hoped & wondered. Dude is now the 2nd leading rusher in the league and making himself known in Arizona. Wow. That all still gets under my skin.

Then you have Brandon Weeden. How were we able to go into this season with him and his winless streak as our primary backup to Romo. We placed this guy in a spot that was surely to get some PT this year given Romo's history of injuries. Something was bound to happen.

Let's approach it this way. Can you imagine having Chris Johnson and Matt Cassel together early on when Romo went down? One can speculate but I will go out on a limb and say we are at least 4-2 at this point in the season.

There is just no good excuse for not properly preparing for contingency. It's a long grueling season. In basketball, If you have no bench you have no real semblance of a championship makeup. That's kind of the way it has felt early on this season.

I like where the FO is going with Stephen and Willie but also feel they have a lot of work to do with regard to coming together during the offseason both via the draft and FA to place us in the best possible position for success. On the offensive side of the ball, they came up short this offseason.

La'el was mostly a Jerry move. I also call Hardy a Jerry move unless someone has evidence otherwise. Jones looks to be the part. Gregory might pan out. But, beyond that, it gets very fuzzy in terms of what we have done on the offensive side of the ball to improve.

Marked you down for giving up. Will re-visit at end of year.

waving monkey

Reaction score

all that an some were raving about the FO's off season