Can we talk about the Front Office?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Marked you down for giving up. Will re-visit at end of year.

Hahaha. Giving up? Please explain how you arrived at giving up from my OP. I'll be very interested in hearing this.

Wanting to have open disussion about the FO is giving up? Hmmm. You must not know me very well. I go down with the ship my friend.

Last edited:

cml750

Reaction score
Why are all good personnel moves credited to Garrett and the mistakes credited to the "front office"???

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Ok... Instead of starting another thread, I figured I would just post it here since the themes are similar.

So are y'all just going to gloss completely over the fact that Jerry Jones announced that McFadden will start this week? Should we just start referring to him as Coach Jones? I believe we are probably the only team in the league where the owner announces lineup changes..lol Pls discuss.

For the record, I think the combo of lead dog DMC and change of pace Cmike is going to set the league on fire and open up the passing game in ways we haven't seen since week 2.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
The front office has improved, but they've taken some calculated risks at certain positions that has been disastrous.

credit to the poster who posted this first:
giphy52.gif

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marked you down for giving up. Will re-visit at end of year.

Can you deal only in absolutes? Do you have to be absolutely in and praise everything they do, or absolutely out and hate everything they do in your world?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry and son Stephen would have likely considered Chris Johnson much more seriously if it weren't for the financial implications of that potential signing. Both were deeply in a cap-saving mode. Hence, DMC's contract.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Jerry and son Stephen would likely have much more seriously considered Chris Johnson if it weren't for the financial implications of that potential signing. Both were obviously in a cap cost-saving mode. Hence, DMC.

Isn't CJ making Vets minimum?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Isn't CJ making Vets minimum?

I have no idea -- you tell me. Maybe they only thought he would come expensively or perhaps they contacted him and he demanded more at that point in time. There are several possible scenarios.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The FO realizes they'll be eating a good portion of Romo's salary in the near future, this will effect the long term FA deals. Unless they are taking the nuke option and will sign Hardy and others to huge deals in a vain attempt to win now and blow it up in a year or 2 at the most. Not to mention we'll be watching some of the soild OL's walk.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I have no idea -- you tell me. Maybe they only thought he would come expensively or perhaps they contacted him and he demanded more at that point in time. There are several possible scenarios.

I guess my contention is hopefully they didn't just "think" he would come expensively thereby assuming without having the conversation. If they did contact him, it must have been via cup & string because I don't recall seeing any news of such contact.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

So if you have "no idea", why are you attempting to make claims based on financial reasons?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess my contention is hopefully they didn't just "think" he would come expensively thereby assuming without having the conversation. If they did contact him, it must have been via cup & string because I don't recall seeing any news of such contact.

It's an attempted excuse to cover for your favorite team and their mistakes. An all too common occurrence around here.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
So if you have "no idea", why are you attempting to make claims based on financial reasons?

It wasn't specifically intended as a claim but far more in the realm of conjecture. Does that bother you? If so, maybe you'd be willing to tolerate. There's not much doubt the FO was in a cap-saving mode. I think some of us, at least myself, felt CJ might be a fairly costly acquisition, although I had "no idea" exactly what it might be. If that's pure ignorance on my part, mea culpa. I think DMC was somewhat more in the area of coming cheaply, though.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It wasn't specifically intended as a claim but far more in the realm of conjecture. Does that bother you? If so, maybe you'd be willing to tolerate. There's not much doubt the FO was a cap-saving mode. I think some of us, at least myself, felt CJ might be a fairly costly acquisition, although I had 'no idea' exactly what it might be. If that's pure ignorance on my part, mea culpa. I think DMC was somewhat more in the area of coming cheaply.

It sure looked like it was making an excuse while not knowing the facts. A rush to defend the Cowboys while not knowing the truth.

Money, or any lack thereof, isn't a factor in the team not signing Chris Johnson, and any claims otherwise are inaccurate and off base.

Anybody searching for an excuse should look elsewhere.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It sure looked like it was making an excuse while not knowing the facts. A rush to defend the Cowboys while not knowing the truth.

Money, or any lack thereof, isn't a factor in the team not signing Chris Johnson, and any claims otherwise are inaccurate and off base.

Anybody searching for an excuse should look elsewhere.

You need to get the stick out. I don't make excuses for the Cowboys nor the FO -- never have, never will. If I can't state my ideas here without you coming to knee-jerk conclusions, too bad for both of us.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You need to get the stick out. I don't make excuses for the Cowboys nor the FO -- never have, never will. If I can't state my ideas here without you coming to knee-jerk conclusions, too bad for both of us.

Save me the attempted spin. You weren't "stating ideas". The only thing that was "knee jerk" was you making a claim you had no information about in an attempt to rush to the team's defense.

You made the following claim:

Jerry and son Stephen would have likely considered Chris Johnson much more seriously if it weren't for the financial implications of that potential signing. Both were deeply in a cap-saving mode. Hence, DMC's contract.

If this isn't making excuses, then nobody ever is. This wasn't "stating ideas", it was attempting to make an excuse for the Cowboys without knowing your facts.

It couldn't possibly be that they simply made a mistake, now could it? Some fans just can't deal with the fact that this team isn't perfect. Like its a condition of their fan hood to come up with any excuse, no matter how flimsy, to rationalize how or why this team screwed up.

If you had "no idea" on the financial details, it wasn't appropriate for you to make any claims otherwise.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Ok... Instead of starting another thread, I figured I would just post it here since the themes are similar.

So are y'all just going to gloss completely over the fact that Jerry Jones announced that McFadden will start this week? Should we just start referring to him as Coach Jones? I believe we are probably the only team in the league where the owner announces lineup changes..lol Pls discuss.

Apparently, it's no big deal, I've been told. "It's been going on for 20 years" (interesting time-frame), and nobody should get worked up about it.