Can we talk more about Brandon Aubrey

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So I watched his kicks again today. That 60 yarder is good from 70. Amazing. Someone on the forum last night said he is going to break the NFL record. I think that is very likely to happen. He mashed his other kicks as well. The 59 yarder would have been good from 65. Not as pretty as that first kick but still amazing.

Remember his first kick? Ugly. Since then he has been a robot. He is something special. Question…Is it me or is the thud sound he makes when kicking the ball more recognizable than usual? I mean it’s a “THUD”!

That 60 yarder was just nuts. For you golfers…know when you really mash a drive the ball takes off and the plane shifts up again and then the ball comes down? You know you crushed a drive when you get that. I swear that first kick looked like that.

Enjoy the day.
IMG-0435.jpg

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I heard they are just waiting for the season to end to give him his yellow jacket.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
So I watched his kicks again today. That 60 yarder is good from 70. Amazing. Someone on the forum last night said he is going to break the NFL record. I think that is very likely to happen. He mashed his other kicks as well. The 59 yarder would have been good from 65. Not as pretty as that first kick but still amazing.

Remember his first kick? Ugly. Since then he has been a robot. He is something special. Question…Is it me or is the thud sound he makes when kicking the ball more recognizable than usual? I mean it’s a “THUD”!

That 60 yarder was just nuts. For you golfers…know when you really mash a drive the ball takes off and the plane shifts up again and then the ball comes down? You know you crushed a drive when you get that. I swear that first kick looked like that.

Enjoy the day.
yeah I was thinking how the 59 and 60's would have beaten the record, what is the record these days? 64? Both had lots of room to spare

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score

Enjoy the day.
We only need to get to the 50 to be in field goal range.

Jason 82 Witten

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how many people turn on him when he misses an important game-winning field goal

plasticman

Reaction score
Nothing new about signing soccer stars, the Cowboys did that in the early 70's when they signed Austrian soccer star Toni Fritsch.

They taught him how to kick field goals before they taught him how to speak English.

The first game he ever played he had to kick the winning field goal with less than a minute in the 4th quarter. The St. Louis Cardinal special team players were trying to intimidate and distract him. The Cowboys players were cracking up. Toni just stared at the Cardinal players, lowered his head and split the uprights because he didn't understand a word.

csirl

Reaction score
Aubrey is a real weapon, another "arrow in the quiver", as announcers put it. To me, he is NOT the prototypical kicker. 6 foot 3 inch, 200+ pound athlete and a standout soccer player at Notre Dame. He's already a record setter and if he continues to hit 60+ yarders, what a future he has.
Funny enough, this reminds me of an ex-NFL kicker I met at an event ladt week. Neil O""Donoghue who kicked for a number of teams in the 70s/80s. A multi-sport athlete, 6' 6" tall.

Player gaelic football and soccer in Ireland. Got a soccer scholarship to a small college in Alabama. Program was cut, so he was left stranded. Turned up on spec at Alabama and persuaded Bear Bryant to give him a try out. Was offered a scholarship, but would need to wait a year as they were fully committed that year. Did same at Auburn and was offered a scholarship straight away. Had never even kicked a football up to a few days beforehand!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Aubrey changes the game for the Cowboys. Basically we are now a threat to score as long as we cross midfield. The Ravens have used this to their advantage during the Lamar Jackson era.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
I was like...we are kicking fg?
Took me awhile to pick my jaw up. It wasnt squiggly or barely he smashed it with deadly accuracy.
Hes on my mvp list.

My recollection is all our special teams have been superb.
Did i hear somewhere that is the first time ever an NFL team even attempted a 60 yarder in the first quarter? I may have just dreamt it, not sure.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Hurts? you know brother if not for your Daniel Tanna avatar ( big fan of Vegas ) we would ask you to be banned :)
Hey hey hey hey HEY!
I try to separate emotions from the need to win. It was either Hurts or someone like Geno Smith or Ryan Tannehill. So I jumped on a grenade. I hate it, heehee, but I'm winning. LOL

blueblood70

Reaction score

Enjoy the day.
There's really nothing to talk about the guy's been very impressive the thing that actually I still thinking about him hitting the goal post twice in one game on kickoffs aren't those like 75 or 80 yards and he's hitting the goal post not realize it's sitting on a TV so it's a little different but that's crazy let's hope this dude never gets hurt you know something is lower leg because yeah everything he's doing is impressive...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Will the Cowboys ever be in that situation?
Probably the playoffs so yes there's going to be some close games especially if we take the long route on the road in weather, I'd like to see how he kicks in Buffalo crazy winds they have over there.... I'm pretty sure he made some kicks in the Seattle game that were important in that game right I mean that was a back and forth game every point mattered I can't remember now did he kick the field goal in that game I'm pretty sure he did...

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
What a weapon. Great story. What’s not to love? Kid is absolutely crushing it.