Can we talk more about Brandon Aubrey

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
So I watched his kicks again today. That 60 yarder is good from 70. Amazing. Someone on the forum last night said he is going to break the NFL record. I think that is very likely to happen. He mashed his other kicks as well. The 59 yarder would have been good from 65. Not as pretty as that first kick but still amazing.

Remember his first kick? Ugly. Since then he has been a robot. He is something special. Question…Is it me or is the thud sound he makes when kicking the ball more recognizable than usual? I mean it’s a “THUD”!

That 60 yarder was just nuts. For you golfers…know when you really mash a drive the ball takes off and the plane shifts up again and then the ball comes down? You know you crushed a drive when you get that. I swear that first kick looked like that.

Enjoy the day.
Yeah, he was quite the find. The only reason the Cowboys might try a 70 yarder, however, is to win the game with almost no time left, or possibly at the end of the half with no time left. Unfortunately, if you miss a field goal, the other team gets the ball at the spot the kick was made from, and not from the line of scrimmage. I personally don't like that rule and think they should change it. If you go for it on 4th down with a running play or a passing play, and don't make it, the other team gets it at the line of scrimmage. IMO, I field goal attempt should be no different. If they miss it, they get it at the line of scrimmage. I think giving them the ball at the spot of the kick was one of the league's lame attempts to make the game more exciting. That rule should be changed. Then teams would be less reluctant to try a long field goal. If you miss a 70 yarder, and there's time left, your opponent gets the ball with insanely good field position.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Yeah, he was quite the find. The only reason the Cowboys might try a 70 yarder, however, is to win the game with almost no time left, or possibly at the end of the half with no time left. Unfortunately, if you miss a field goal, the other team gets the ball at the spot the kick was made from, and not from the line of scrimmage. I personally don't like that rule and think they should change it. If you go for it on 4th down with a running play or a passing play, and don't make it, the other team gets it at the line of scrimmage. IMO, I field goal attempt should be no different. If they miss it, they get it at the line of scrimmage. I think giving them the ball at the spot of the kick was one of the league's lame attempts to make the game more exciting. That rule should be changed. Then teams would be less reluctant to try a long field goal. If you miss a 70 yarder, and there's time left, your opponent gets the ball with insanely good field position.
I am hoping for a blowout lead vs Washington and Big Mike gets frosty.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
So I watched his kicks again today. That 60 yarder is good from 70. Amazing. Someone on the forum last night said he is going to break the NFL record. I think that is very likely to happen. He mashed his other kicks as well. The 59 yarder would have been good from 65. Not as pretty as that first kick but still amazing.

Remember his first kick? Ugly. Since then he has been a robot. He is something special. Question…Is it me or is the thud sound he makes when kicking the ball more recognizable than usual? I mean it’s a “THUD”!

That 60 yarder was just nuts. For you golfers…know when you really mash a drive the ball takes off and the plane shifts up again and then the ball comes down? You know you crushed a drive when you get that. I swear that first kick looked like that.

Enjoy the day.
That first kick didn't count it was only an extra point.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
didn’t he struggle in training camp? And ppl were pissed at our kicker situation.

He’s been amazing though. Hopefully he continues that into playoffs… as we’ve seen kickers lose confidence at times under the pressure.

TheHerd

Reaction score
He is going to start a new trend where teams look a kickers with a Soccer player's background.
That's an old trend! Jan Stenerud. I also liked the idea of getting punters from Aussie football. Great athletes, big legs.

Mark

Reaction score
He's saving Fassels job.
There's been very little talk about the Eagles' successful fake punt on Sunday night. The one that nearly every observer in America saw coming, except for the DAL special teams coach.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
That's an old trend! Jan Stenerud. I also liked the idea of getting punters from Aussie football. Great athletes, big legs.
Yes, Tony Fritsch was an Austrian soccer player whom Gil Brandt somehow found, and he came in to become our kicker. He was a soccer-style kicker, which at the time meant he kicked from a side angle instead of straight on. Nowadays, every kicker is soccer-style, so they don't call it that anymore.