Can we talk more about Brandon Aubrey

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I am in the golf business and have been for a long time and your assessment of his "Thud" is spot on. What is even just as amazing to me is the effortless way he approaches the ball. On every extra point it almost appears as if the other team is going to block it. The camera angle from behind the posts might create this but man he approaches every kick the same way. Did you hear one of the announcers mention the success Maher had until the playoffs...?
I did. This guy is not Maher.

MS17

Reaction score
Aubrey is a real weapon, another "arrow in the quiver", as announcers put it. To me, he is NOT the prototypical kicker. 6 foot 3 inch, 200+ pound athlete and a standout soccer player at Notre Dame. He's already a record setter and if he continues to hit 60+ yarders, what a future he has.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As good as Aubrey has been, let's not get crazy. There is no "probably" with CJ Stroud. No kicker is getting Rookie of the Year over a QB that looks like a future stud. He should make Pro Bowl for sure.
Yes I know. Just wanted to bring it up.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So I watched his kicks again today. That 60 yarder is good from 70. Amazing. Someone on the forum last night said he is going to break the NFL record. I think that is very likely to happen. He mashed his other kicks as well. The 59 yarder would have been good from 65. Not as pretty as that first kick but still amazing.

Remember his first kick? Ugly. Since then he has been a robot. He is something special. Question…Is it me or is the thud sound he makes when kicking the ball more recognizable than usual? I mean it’s a “THUD”!

That 60 yarder was just nuts. For you golfers…know when you really mash a drive the ball takes off and the plane shifts up again and then the ball comes down? You know you crushed a drive when you get that. I swear that first kick looked like that.

Enjoy the day.
I was like...we are kicking fg?
Took me awhile to pick my jaw up. It wasnt squiggly or barely he smashed it with deadly accuracy.
Hes on my mvp list.

My recollection is all our special teams have been superb.

Big_D

Reaction score
I think we found our Justin Tucker, he's a keeper. 10 year contract .. get it done.

doomsday808

Reaction score
He is going to start a new trend where teams look a kickers with a Soccer player's background.

doomsday808

Reaction score
Who remembers what they said to themselves when he missed his first NFL extra point kick vs the Giants in week one?

doomsday9084

Reaction score
So I watched his kicks again today. That 60 yarder is good from 70. Amazing. Someone on the forum last night said he is going to break the NFL record. I think that is very likely to happen. He mashed his other kicks as well. The 59 yarder would have been good from 65. Not as pretty as that first kick but still amazing.

Remember his first kick? Ugly. Since then he has been a robot. He is something special. Question…Is it me or is the thud sound he makes when kicking the ball more recognizable than usual? I mean it’s a “THUD”!

That 60 yarder was just nuts. For you golfers…know when you really mash a drive the ball takes off and the plane shifts up again and then the ball comes down? You know you crushed a drive when you get that. I swear that first kick looked like that.

Enjoy the day.
Maybe I never noticed it before but with him, you see him brush the ground well before he hits the ball. It reminds me of a golf drive. Why? Because his foot is on the way up when it makes contact with the ball.

I could have sworn that with most kickers, the lowest part of their swing arc is near the ball. They get the ball up in the air with the angle of their foot.

Basically, it sure seems to me that Aubrey is kicking like he is hitting driver where other kickers are doing it like they are hitting a 7 iron and the difference in distance is noticeable.