Can you believe that we got Terry Glenn for a 5th round draft pick?

Galian Beast

Reaction score
He was 28 years old when he joined the cowboys too. It isn't like he is/was old. This was such a good deal for us. Green Bay probably has THE worst front office management in football. Up there with the fmr Vikings and Browns.

In 3 years in dallas (38 games) he has 2290 yards receiving. 14 touchdowns. And has only increased his yards per catch every year. (better qb every year).

Last year was his career best year.

His 62 receptions rank 4th in his career. With a high of 90.
His 1136 yards receiving ranks 2nd in his career. With a high of 1147.
His 18.3 yards per reception ranks 1st in his career.
His 7 touchdowns rank 1st in his career.

In two years he will easily replace his history with New England, and become known as simply a Dallas Cowboy. Before Flozell went down this year, he was on pace for over 1600 yards receiving.

aznhalf

Reaction score
Well, he had some character issues which explains why we got him so cheap.

Luckily Bill and co. has put him on track, a definate steal for us!

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Its pretty amazing when you consider the Beagles got a 4th for Hollis Thomas.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
You have to remember, Glenn was down to his "ninth life" when we traded for him. He had been unspectacular and was on his way out of the league.

The re-marriage of Bill Parcells and him saved his career.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
I remember it being a 6th rounder.. and GB was about to release him... of course they didn't feel Glenn was only worth a 6th rounder, but they were about to release him for nothing, but instead got a 6th.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
JBell523 said:
I remember it being a 6th rounder.. and GB was about to release him... of course they didn't feel Glenn was only worth a 6th rounder, but they were about to release him for nothing, but instead got a 6th.

yep... it was a 6th... makes the deal even better...

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Yeah it was a 6th we sent to gb in the 04 draft, green bay used it on some spare dt that I dont believe is with the team anymore..

Dont you think it is interesting that parcells has never been given credit for this ever, all the media here just says parcells and his guys..etc...

This was a ridiculous trade. Green bay had a big contract with him and had no use for him so we gave up a 6th and glenn agreed to play for less money than his original contract in green bay. All because of parcells.

Eddie

Reaction score
Can you believe we sent two first rounders to Seattle for Joey Galloway???

Can you believe we then sent another 3rd rounder to Seattle for James McKnight??

Who's the stupid looking one now???

MissionCoach

Reaction score
Eddie said:

Can you believe we then sent another 3rd rounder to Seattle for James McKnight??

Which brings up the age old question...is it better to be pissed off, or pissed on???;)

Galian Beast

Reaction score
After the Herschel Walker trade the Cowboys under Jerry Jones can not be considered stupid. He has done enough to buy himself amnesty on any future stupidity with that move.

Chalk up the trade that delt us Julius Jones and Marcus Spears also netted us Drew Bledsoe and many others... which is probably the second best trade in cowboys history. And will probably lead to a super bowl.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Eddie said:

33680.jpg

gbrittain

Reaction score
Eddie said:

Man, sometimes I think I am a little too critical of what is going on at Valley Ranch but all I have to do is read one of your posts and suddenly I feel like a candystriper passing along good cheer to all.

thewivil

Reaction score
Eddie said:

You make Satan seem like a nice guy.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Galian Beast said:
He was 28 years old when he joined the cowboys too. It isn't like he is/was old. This was such a good deal for us. Green Bay probably has THE worst front office management in football. Up there with the fmr Vikings and Browns.

In 3 years in dallas (38 games) he has 2290 yards receiving. 14 touchdowns. And has only increased his yards per catch every year. (better qb every year).

Last year was his career best year.

His 62 receptions rank 4th in his career. With a high of 90.
His 1136 yards receiving ranks 2nd in his career. With a high of 1147.
His 18.3 yards per reception ranks 1st in his career.
His 7 touchdowns rank 1st in his career.

In two years he will easily replace his history with New England, and become known as simply a Dallas Cowboy. Before Flozell went down this year, he was on pace for over 1600 yards receiving.

With a true receiver on his opposite side, I would not be surprised if this year will be his very best.

jja050575

Reaction score
Eddie said:

If i remember correctly, James McKnight did pretty good didn't he?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Eddie said:

eddie eddie eddie - you in competition with me for the most bleak outlook of our current direction???

i see from a lot of replies people think you're being negative. i'd call it "keeping it real" but just can't bring myself to do the "parcells homie" act as well.

the fact is we can laugh at GB for this and feel mighty and superior for a bit, but we've dry-humped the pooch a lot ourselves and we tend to forget that in our giddyness and need to feel superior.

yay we got glenn for a 6th rounder. yay us. we rule and stuff.

there, maybe that will help balance things out. : )

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
jja050575 said:
If i remember correctly, James McKnight did pretty good didn't he?

would depend on how you choose to define "pretty good". he was ok for a few years and then went to miami, right? since i've not thought of him in "forever" he ranks up there with a peerless price, or that wr from denver we got many years ago we thought would be good but never was. what a swift move of brilliance that was!!!

FRDRCK

DeWare94
Reaction score
green bay is pretty bad with that tho, when i was watchin the draft and i saw that they traded with the broncos, i thought in my mind, javon walker for this pick and ashley lelie, turns out it was just the pick