Can you believe that we got Terry Glenn for a 5th round draft pick?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
riggo said:
see, we CAN all get along. good points about taylors case, btw.

it's harder when you put fan allegence ahead of common sense. all sides do it, just annoying. moving on now.

gbrittain

Reaction score
riggo said:
we're talking about TO, not taylor. but, if anyone was being a hypocrite about taylor, then they get the hammer as well. fair enough?

No problem Riggo. I dont slam non Cowboy fans for the sake of slamming them. I welcome other teams posters on this board and generally enjoy what they have to say and the banter back and forth.

I just do not like the hypocrisy I see often from Skins fans on this board. You may not be one of them and if you are not great, but the our crap dont stink stuff gets really old.

Tell me honestly, what would Sean Taylor be characterized if he were a Cowboy?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
gbrittain said:
No problem Riggo. I dont slam non Cowboy fans for the sake of slamming them. I welcome other teams posters on this board and generally enjoy what they have to say and the banter back and forth.

I just do not like the hypocrisy I see often from Skins fans on this board. You may not be one of them and if you are not great, but the our crap dont stink stuff gets really old.

Tell me honestly, what would Sean Taylor be characterized if he were a Cowboy?

how about the hypocrisy of the average cowboy fan on TO? : ) his crap stunk pretty bad till he got here, now we shine it up and call it misunderstood.

NOT YOU - but the average cowboys fan.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
gbrittain said:
Ice I could care less what Sean Taylor did or did not do. My point remains, had Sean Taylor played for the Cowboys and did or alleged to have done what has been reported the Skins fans would be crucifying Sean Taylor.

This is not about you, you are not a Commander fan. It is kind of like I can talk bad about my brother, but my neighbor can not.

I do not need some Skins fan getting out the ole hammer meet nail when they are as guilty. Do that all you want a Skins board, be my guest. Not in our house. Sure you can do it, but dont think you will not get called on it.
of course many skins fans would crucify taylor had he been a dallas player. you are absolutely right. but how am i as guilty as TO bashers turned supporters? all i've said about taylors case is just what i posted minutes ago above. if he's guilty of being an ***, i'll call him on it. we can all be both fans and reasonable, can't we?
edit- i posted this before i saw your last post....

gbrittain

Reaction score
iceberg said:
sure they would - but that's from a "fan to fan" perspective not putting that aside and judging things for what they really are.

Commanders fans do a lot of stupid things. *all* fans do a lot of stupid things. doesn't mean we need to keep on doing it.

You are 100% right. Fans are fans no matter where you go. I will be 1000 times quicker to point out hypocrisy of a Skins fan on a Cowboy board than a Cowboy fan on Cowboy board. If that makes me a bad man...

For every Commanders fan on this board there are hundreds of Cowboys fans. I could not bare to correct all the silly outlandish homeristic fans on this board.

Plus, I am as guilty as anyone of being a homer. Sure, I am a tad more critical at this moment of the Cowboys than the average fan on this board, but no one and I mean no one can truly take off their "homer glasses". We can think that we do, but in reality we can't. Some come closer to doing so than others, but in the end we all fail.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
gbrittain said:
You are 100% right. Fans are fans no matter where you go. I will be 1000 times quicker to point out hypocrisy of a Skins fan on a Cowboy board than a Cowboy fan on Cowboy board. If that makes me a bad man...

For every Commanders fan on this board there are hundreds of Cowboys fans. I could not bare to correct all the silly outlandish homeristic fans on this board.

Plus, I am as guilty as anyone of being a homer. Sure, I am a tad more critical at this moment of the Cowboys than the average fan on this board, but no one and I mean no one can truly take off their "homer glasses". We can think that we do, but in reality we can't. Some come closer to doing so than others, but in the end we all fail.

you can. it ain't easy and you get called "negative" a lot - but even us "negative" people are still here cause we love the team, just hate the current times we live in with it.

hopefully better days are not too far ahead for us *as a team* and not a player or coach here and there.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
So we've gone from someone noting a nice move in picking up Glenn to vigilantism.

Good grief.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Galian Beast said:
After the Herschel Walker trade the Cowboys under Jerry Jones can not be considered stupid. He has done enough to buy himself amnesty on any future stupidity with that move.

Chalk up the trade that delt us Julius Jones and Marcus Spears also netted us Drew Bledsoe and many others... which is probably the second best trade in cowboys history.

Ill say the one that got us Tony Dorsett was probably 2nd best, also the Craig Morton trade, didnt that get Randy White

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Funny how we wasted two 1st round picks on Galloway, when Glenn was only a 5th, and with a Cowboy uniform, has been the better player..

Terry Glenn is my boy.. :D
He'll have another solid year in '06..

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
riggo said:
seriously, glenn had a good year last year. and he'll probably be good this year, though injury history and age suggest otherwise. up til last year, he hadnt done squat.

dude, Glenn had a better ROOKIE year than Lloyd has ever had, hell, the year we traded for him, he had more receiving yards than Lloyd had last year, as a #2 WR

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
dude, Glenn had a better ROOKIE year than Lloyd has ever had, hell, the year we traded for him, he had more receiving yards than Lloyd had last year, as a #2 WR

summer, who is better- favre in 2002 or rattay/smith/pickett/dorsey in 2005?

let me add that smith, while starting 7 games in his rookie year, threw 1 TD to 11 INT's. he threw either 8 or 9 completions in 4 of those games. he threw for under 100 yards in 3 of those games. tim rattay looked like joe montana in comparison. cody pickett and ken dorsey also started 5 games between them. and they stunk.

you are boasting that glenn had 800 something yards in 2002 to lloyds 700 something? you've got to be kidding. you also didnt mention that lloyd managed to grab 5 TD's while glenn snagged 2.

do you know how many TD san fran QB's threw all of last year? ...............8.
for a whopping 118 yards a game.

the point was that glenn- in the league 10 years- has gone over 1000 yards receiving 2 times other than last year. and he had been injured. thats why the boys got him cheaply while lloyd costs a bit more.....

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
riggo said:
let me add that smith, while starting 7 games in his rookie year, threw 1 TD to 11 INT's.

my apologies for quoting myself....but i have to add that it took him til his 7th and last start of the season in january to throw his first TD. :eek:

i'm beginning to think lloyd is better than i thought given his pathetic QB's.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
riggo said:
the point was that glenn- in the league 10 years- has gone over 1000 yards receiving 2 times other than last year. and he had been injured.

so? Lloyd has never had a 1,000 yard season, blame the QB all you want, but the fact still remains

having just 2 1,000 yard receiving seasons is what it is, 2 1,000 yard receiving seasons, that's 2 more than Lloyd's none, so again, 6th for Glenn >>>3rd and 4th for Lloyd

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
so? Lloyd has never had a 1,000 yard season, blame the QB all you want, but the fact still remains

having just 2 1,000 yard receiving seasons is what it is, 2 1,000 yard receiving seasons, that's 2 more than Lloyd's none, so again, 6th for Glenn >>>3rd and 4th for Lloyd

'blame the qb all i want'???

right.

6th for glenn is so much better than a 3rd and 4th for lloyd.

especially considering glenn is 32 and lloyd is 24. and glenn is a headcase who was suspended by his team 4 games into a season where they went on to win the super bowl. and glenn has been injured virtually every other year he's been in the league.

you should be a GM.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
riggo said:
especially considering glenn is 32 and lloyd is 24. and glenn is a headcase who was suspended by his team 4 games into a season where they went on to win the super bowl. and glenn has been injured virtually every other year he's been in the league.

you should be a GM.

Glenn wasn't 32 when we made the trade for him

and the move has paid off so far hasn't it? great trade, it still remains to be seen if the trade for Lloyd is half as good