Video: Canady INT

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
How do we know that though? Why do we act like special teams players are hard to find?
Is there any tape of Canady being a gunner on Special Teams? If so, was he very good at it the way Goodwin has been for us?

If you can find any tape of Canady being able to play the gunner role on Special Teams and be just as good as Goodwin, I'll be right there with you demanding Canady replace Goodwin. But if you can not, let's not go off of assumptions..."How do we know that though? Why do we act like special teams players are hard to find?"

There is a reason why CJ Goodwin has made the 53 man roster the past several years, and it's because he's an ace gunner for us on Special Teams. Until you can find proof of another player who can be as good or better than Goodwin, Goodwin is not going anywhere. He occupies a special position on this team.

Cebrin

Reaction score
our CBs cant even cover their guys but he comes off his guy to make an INT,that is really good and i wish he had played last year.
Huh? We were ranked 10th regardless of the trash run defense happening. It'll only get better if they know what's coming.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I'm thinking that that they should trade Brown or the corner from Michigan and let the young guys play and keep Reggie Robinson on the team. I like what I am seeing from Diggs, Joesph, Wright, and Canady.

I'm not fond of Jordan Lewis. HIs the corner from Michigan. I'm surprised that they gave him a deal. They should either cut Lewis or Brown. Or both. Both Lewis and Brown make up 30 million and they don't even play up to their contracts. I say both of them need to be cut.

JBS

Reaction score
You said he hasn't looked good in camp. I referenced two well-known sources that say he has.

He didn't have a good year in '20, but that's not what we are talking about.

when did I say anything about camp? I said he hasn’t looked decent. I never said anything about camp. I was talking about what we have been able to see from him vs Pitt and vs the rams. He sucks , just like he always has. I couldn’t give a crap less about how he does in training camp. The guy is garbage. We have seen him be garbage for multiple years.

JBS

Reaction score
Lolol people in here are so clueless.

No Cooper. Diggs vs Lamb every snap. Dak been out for 2 weeks.

brow looks good guys!!! Bro Addis said so.

against dookie at qb and C. Wilson lining up at wr

Lolol you guys are silly

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm pleasantly surprised to see how Maurice Canady has been doing so well in recent practices. We could definitely use someone like him to contribute interceptions with our secondary. It'll be interesting to see if he's able to maintain the good work. Hopefully, he'll continue to excel and encourage the defensive staff to award him a bigger share of the action. The Cowboys secondary surely must utilize any and all the help they can find. ;)

Last edited:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Not me,
as i said in a previous thread, i'm eating that ridiculous salary i gave Lewis and Brown, for sake of emergency injury depth..for this year.
Because you never know when a rash of unexpected injuries to the CB unit will/could occur.

but if Cannaday out performs either Brown and Lewis - especially if he can both slot and outside - he's the new 3rd CB role to me.

Think it's officially time for Lewis to worry.........trading him would not surprise me

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pick Em'

Diggs, Wright, Goodwin (ST)
Brown, Joseph
Lewis, Canady
Reports indicate that Canaday is very good on ST. He might replace Goodwin.

They can yo-yo Goodwin on/off the roster which they've done previously.

Techsass

Reaction score
He sure seems to miss a lot of games. Was he really injured or were they trying to hide him?

2016 - 4 games
2017 - 8 games
2018 - 7 games
2019 - 13 games
2020 - sat out

Baltimore Ravens[edit]

Canady was drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in the sixth round, 209th overall, in the 2016 NFL Draft.[2] He was placed on injured reserve on October 6, 2016 with a hamstring injury.[3]

On September 4, 2017, Canady was placed on injured reserve due to a knee injury suffered in training camp.[4] He was activated off injured reserve to the active roster on November 3, 2017.[5]

On September 17, 2018, Canady was placed on injured reserve with a thigh injury.[6] He was activated off injured reserve on November 24, 2018.[7]

On August 31, 2019, Canady was waived by the Ravens and was signed to the practice squad the next day.[8] He was promoted to the active roster on September 14, 2019.[9] In week 4 against the Cleveland Browns, Canady recorded his first career interception off Baker Mayfield in the 40–25 loss.[10] He was released on November 5

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
So the Cowboys are keeping Diggs, Brown, Lewis, Joseph, and Wright for sure and Goodwin helps on all special teams, so that's six. I just wonder if Canady forces them to go long at corner, part ways with Goodwin, or possibly try to trade Anthony Brown?

Techsass

Reaction score
He sure seems to miss a lot of games. Was he really injured or were they trying to hide him?

2016 - 4 games
2017 - 8 games
2018 - 7 games
2019 - 13 games
2020 - sat out

Baltimore Ravens[edit]

Canady was drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in the sixth round, 209th overall, in the 2016 NFL Draft.[2] He was placed on injured reserve on October 6, 2016 with a hamstring injury.[3]

On September 4, 2017, Canady was placed on injured reserve due to a knee injury suffered in training camp.[4] He was activated off injured reserve to the active roster on November 3, 2017.[5]

On September 17, 2018, Canady was placed on injured reserve with a thigh injury.[6] He was activated off injured reserve on November 24, 2018.[7]

On August 31, 2019, Canady was waived by the Ravens and was signed to the practice squad the next day.[8] He was promoted to the active roster on September 14, 2019.[9] In week 4 against the Cleveland Browns, Canady recorded his first career interception off Baker Mayfield in the 40–25 loss.[10] He was released on November 5
Just to clarify; that's how many games he played, not how many he missed.

lostar2009

Reaction score
our CBs cant even cover their guys but he comes off his guy to make an INT,that is really good and i wish he had played last year.

We all know Matt is good for several ints if you in position.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Is there any tape of Canady being a gunner on Special Teams? If so, was he very good at it the way Goodwin has been for us?
Diggs is the only sure-fire starter & Goodwin sticks due to his special teams value. Right now both draft picks stay because they could be the future of the position.

Of the veterans, Canady is having the best camp putting Brown’s & Lewis’ jobs in jeopardy. Brown carries the higher price tag, making him a potential salary-cap casualty if he doesn’t step up his game.