Video: Canady INT

quickccc

Reaction score
Think it's officially time for Lewis to worry.........trading him would not surprise me

if Cannday Skills and versatility is everything that is being displayed, he could replace Lewis and we would not miss a beat.
i likely will tick off Lewis-mania fans for that comment, but that's how much i think both his mania, ..and even the Cowboys themselves have
overrated him.

He's limited to being a slot guy; he cannot handle the speed guys outside and he's not even considered better than even Anthony Brown
- but yet he gets a renewed 8 million guaranteed contract ?

And now with Canaday emerging ...and even if traded, Lewis still gets that 8 mill regardless ?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
if Cannday Skills and versatility is everything that is being displayed, he could replace Lewis and we would not miss a beat.
i likely will tick off Lewis-mania fans for that comment, but that's how much i think both his mania, ..and even the Cowboys themselves have
overrated him.

He's limited to being a slot guy; he cannot handle the speed guys outside and he's not even considered better than even Anthony Brown
- but yet he gets a renewed 8 million guaranteed contract ?

And now with Canaday emerging ...and even if traded, Lewis still gets that 8 mill regardless ?

Honestly, I'm not sure, here's his contract.......a trade appears to be the best option if Canaday beats him out. How about to the Colts for Foles?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/jourdan-lewis-21834/

rambo2

Reaction score
I'm not fond of Jordan Lewis. HIs the corner from Michigan. I'm surprised that they gave him a deal. They should either cut Lewis or Brown. Or both. Both Lewis and Brown make up 30 million and they don't even play up to their contracts. I say both of them need to be cut.
It would be better to trade one when the injuries hit other teams.

blueblood70

Reaction score
our CBs cant even cover their guys but he comes off his guy to make an INT,that is really good and i wish he had played last year.
not really

it was wasted year he wouldn't have made much of difference ..i believe him opting out extended him another year so we should have him 2 years we were supposed to and when he can help

was good he sat last year..hes healthy and hungry to play..

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Maurice Canady is in his 5th year, is on his 3rd team and has 1 career interception. Just stating the facts for everybody that has him locked in to a Cowboys starting nickel CB.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
from what I have heard he is making a strong push for a starters role, he has stringing together some good practice sessions. Glad to see him making a strong case for himself

rambo2

Reaction score
Maurice Canady is in his 5th year, is on his 3rd team and has 1 career interception. Just stating the facts for everybody that has him locked in to a Cowboys starting nickel CB.
He has been absolutely outstanding in camp and should start.

erod

Reaction score
Canady will be the slot corner over Lewis or Brown.

freemanjc19

Reaction score
Canady will be the slot corner over Lewis or Brown.

I don't think so unless somebody takes his spot on special teams. Since he pays a vital role on the special teams, they can't
afford for him to get hurt. If he does get hurt, they will be short of two spots vice one. He will be 4/5 CB slot.

erod

Reaction score
I don't think so unless somebody takes his spot on special teams. Since he pays a vital role on the special teams, they can't
afford for him to get hurt. If he does get hurt, they will be short of two spots vice one. He will be 4/5 CB slot.
He's better than Lewis or Brown. Significantly.

freemanjc19

Reaction score
He's better than Lewis or Brown. Significantly.

I disagree totally! I doubt' any here on this forum have seen him in 1 single game of his career. There is no way you can project he is better than any other CB by using a small minicamp size scrimmage to determine a roster spot. That is not a good measuring tool to project a player talents. I'm hoping he is, but history says he's not. We will have to wait and debate at a later time.