Canceled shows you...

ethiostar

Reaction score
Hostile;2698288 said:
General Bartford Hamilton Steele. He told the Black chopper pilot to testify against Hawkeye, "but first a number."

Was he a chopper pilot? I thought he was a doctor. Either way it was an incredibly funny episode.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
tomson75;2698306 said:
No, I certainly didn't.

My "experimental stage" (shut up Yeager)....was one of several reasons my undergrad studies where spread out over 8 years. :eek::

:muttley:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
ethiostar;2698297 said:
I love these shows.

The Carol Burnett Show was just awesome. Tim Conway was an absolute riot. What i loved about the show most was the fact that they used to crack each other up. Sometimes they could barely say their lines. Tim used to kill all of them. I really miss that show.

Tim and Harvey were terrific together :bow:

ethiostar

Reaction score
DallasFanSince86;2698301 said:
Las Vegas is a show I wish they would bring back. NBC cancelled it and ended it with a cliffhanger. :bang2:

Las Vegas was good when they had James Caan. After than it kind of went down hill. Loved the girls on the show though and the camera didn't shy away from showing some nice booties in the background. ;)

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile;2698311 said:
Fish: "Best I have felt in 10 years, and it's illegal."

I found the episode on youtube

[youtube]oKy2ZV2JtJw[/youtube] part one of three

btw it had one of the best theme songs also

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Hostile;2698274 said:
What happened to good comedies? Man, most of them suck now. Not as bad as the cartoons of this era suck, but they still suck.

This brings up another interesting question of mine....

What the hell happened to Saturday morning cartoons?

...and why do all kids cartoons absolutely suck now? They're horribly drawn, don't teach anything, and aren't funny. I don't get it.

How we got away from Looney Toons, Transformers, GI Joe, Thundercats, He-Man, The Smurfs, etc...I'll never know.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ethiostar;2698308 said:
Was he a chopper pilot? I thought he was a doctor. Either way it was an incredibly funny episode.
Thew absolute funniest episode is called "Captain Tuttle." Pierce brings back a childhood imaginary friend and the whole Camp falls in love with a guy who isn't even there.

Frank spends the entire show trying to find him and at the end when Hawkeye is identified as the man who knew him best he says, "that's not true, I knew him best."

Henry keeps telling Frank he has meals with the guy, and at the end says "he was the best damn O.D. (Officer of the Day) we ever had."

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
tomson75;2698319 said:

...and why do all kids cartoons absolutely suck now? They're horribly drawn, don't teach anything, and aren't funny. I don't get it.

How we got away from Looney Toons, Transformers, GI Joe, Thundercats, He-Man, The Smurfs, etc...I'll never know.

Thundar the Barbarian and Ukla the Mock or whatever he was :bow:

[youtube]LhAobPugvsk[/youtube]

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
ethiostar;2698317 said:
Las Vegas was good when they had James Caan. After than it kind of went down hill. Loved the girls on the show though and the camera didn't shy away from showing some nice booties in the background. ;)

You ain't kiddin'. I never became a big fan of the show, but of the few times I came across it, I remember being in awe of it's "talent"...if you will. :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
tomson75;2698319 said:

H.R. Puff N Stuff and The Banana Splits.

Admit it, I nailed it.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2698321 said:
Thundar the Barbarian and Ukla the Mock or whatever he was :bow:

Hell yeah!

Hell, even Disney managed to throw out a decent cartoon in the 80's every once in a while. Duck Tales kicked ***!

Kangaroo

Reaction score
ethiostar;2697841 said:
What are a couple of canceled shows you would like to see back on the air.

For me, I really enjoyed watching 'Jericho' and 'Firefly'. I thought they were really good shows that were canceled prematurely. There has been talk of bringing back 'Jericho' for the last year but nothing has come of it yet.

What say you?

I was bent at Fox for canceling Firefly it has decent ratings and would had better if they would have advertised it better and not have long gaps in the 1st season because they started it during the BaseBall playoffs :bang2::bang2:

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Hostile;2698323 said:
H.R. Puff N Stuff and The Banana Splits.

Admit it, I nailed it.

Oh man! That stuff was awesome! I've got to find some of that. Those are some of my first memories.

edit:

[youtube]C-yLYz6ejqw[/youtube]

Man, that is incredibly odd television programing I used to watch. :)

ethiostar

Reaction score
Hostile;2698320 said:
Thew absolute funniest episode is called "Captain Tuttle." Pierce brings back a childhood imaginary friend and the whole Camp falls in love with a guy who isn't even there.

Frank spends the entire show trying to find him and at the end when Hawkeye is identified as the man who knew him best he says, "that's not true, I knew him best."

Henry keeps telling Frank he has meals with the guy, and at the end says "he was the best damn O.D. (Officer of the Day) we ever had."

I remember that one:laugh2:

Frank was a very well played character, absolutely gutless, i couldn't stand that guy.:laugh1:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Kangaroo;2698327 said:
I was bent at Fox for canceling Firefly it has decent ratings and would had better if they would have advertised it better and not have long gaps in the 1st season because they started it during the BaseBall playoffs :bang2::bang2:

Fox does some crazy stuff, being nice, with their programming

DallasFanSince86

Pessimism Sucks
Reaction score
Hostile;2698320 said:

My favorite is the Propaganda bomb that lands in the middle of the compound and doesn't explode and they find out its from the CIA. :lmao:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile;2698320 said:

I never really liked Henry but it was probably because I didn't watch it until Potter took over.

ethiostar

Reaction score
tomson75;2698322 said:
You ain't kiddin'. I never became a big fan of the show, but of the few times I came across it, I remember being in awe of it's "talent"...if you will. :D

I'm a 'talent' guy myself ;)and that kept me watching it even after the show lost James Caan and started to loose its luster.