Canceled shows you...

ethiostar

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2698225 said:
Col Potter rules :laugh2:

There was an early episode where he made a guest appearance before he joined the cast full time. He was an absolute riot. He played an old character who wasn't really all there, mentally. I remember him asking a black Doctor to dance because it was in his 'blood'. The look on that Doctor's face and the face of Hawkeye and the other Doctor was absolutely hilarious.
:lmao2:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
ethiostar;2698239 said:
There was an early episode where he made a guest appearance before he joined the cast full time. He was an absolute riot. He played an old character who wasn't really all there, mentally. I remember him asking a black Doctor to dance because it was in his 'blood'. The look on that Doctor's face and the face of Hawkeye and the other Doctor was absolutely hilarious.

I remember that :laugh2:

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
What about soap operas? Anyone watch those? I learned to detest them from an early age because they marked the end of good TV for the next 4 hours.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Jon88;2698243 said:
What about soap operas? Anyone watch those? I learned to detest them from an early age because they marked the end of good TV for the next 4 hours.

I used to watch one...As the World Turns IIRC, for about one year right after my first year of college. It was during my "experimental stage" so to speak, and i usually woke up around 1 o'clock in the afternoon and we only had four channels in the dump that I was living in at the time. :D

I later moved into a house with more channels and I switched to reruns of Law and Order as my wake up TV show.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Jon88;2698243 said:

:nono:

Let's not go there please. I refuse to even acknowledge they exist.

Or else.

:fight:

:D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
What happened to good comedies? Man, most of them suck now. Not as bad as the cartoons of this era suck, but they still suck. These shows made me laugh almost every time and some of them still can.

M*A*S*H
The Andy Griffith Show
Barney Miller (One of the most underrated shows ever.)
Cheers
In Living Color
The Carol Burnett Show (Tim Conway & Harvey Korman rule.)
The Cosby Show
The old Dean Martin Roasts
Red Skelton
Laugh In
Taxi
Coach

Every now and then a drama series hooks me. I have always loved cop shows, but I hate some of them too.

The Waltons
Adam 12
Emergency (Squad 51, Engine 51...)
Hill Street Blues
S.W.A.T.
Homicide, Life on the Streets (Aces show.)
Third Watch (I loved this show.)

For a cheesy cop show...Miami Vice.

I really miss quality Westerns.

Bonanza
Gunsmoke
High Chapparel
Branded
The Virginian
Big Valley
The Rifleman
Rawhide
Little House on the Prairie

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2698249 said:
I used to watch one...As the World Turns IIRC, for about one year right after my first year of college. It was during my "experimental stage" so to speak, and i usually woke up around 1 o'clock in the afternoon and we only had four channels in the dump that I was living in at the time. :D

I later moved into a house with more channels and I switched to reruns of Law and Order as my wake up TV show.

Sounds like you didn't get much studying in if your wakeup time was 1 o'clock :eek:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile;2698274 said:
What happened to good comedies? Man, most of them suck now. Not as bad as the cartoons of this era suck, but they still suck. These shows made me laugh almost every time and some of them still can.

M*A*S*H
The Andy Griffith Show
Cheers
In Living Color
The Cosby Show
Red Skelton
Laugh In

Every now and then a drama series hooks me. I have always loved cop shows, but I hate some of them too.

The Waltons
Adam 12
Hill Street Blues
S.W.A.T.

Bonanza
Gunsmoke
High Chapparel
Branded
The Virginian
Big Valley
The Rifleman
Rawhide

Oh man I used to love Barney Miller. Jack Soo and Dietrich kills me. :laugh1:

The episode where Jack Soo ate the pot brownies was classic. :laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ethiostar;2698239 said:
General Bartford Hamilton Steele. He told the Black chopper pilot to testify against Hawkeye, "but first a number."

kmp77

Reaction score
Jon88;2698243 said:

I used to watch One Life to Live and General Hospital in the 80s with my parents...back when the shows had major adventure themes and action.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2698280 said:
Oh man I used to love Barney Miller. Jack Soo and Dietrich kills me. :laugh1:

The episode where Jack Soo ate the pot brownies was classic. :laugh2:
Yamata: "What you guys say we go down to the beacha nd shoot some clams?"

Barney: "How many of these have you had?"

Yamata: Motions him to bring his ear closer..."Mushi mushi."

ethiostar

Reaction score
Hostile;2698274 said:

M*A*S*H
The Andy Griffith Show
Cheers
In Living Color

The Cosby Show
Red Skelton
Laugh In

The Waltons
Adam 12
Hill Street Blues
S.W.A.T.

Bonanza
Gunsmoke

High Chapparel
Branded
The Virginian
Big Valley
The Rifleman
Rawhide

I love these shows.

The Carol Burnett Show was just awesome. Tim Conway was an absolute riot. What i loved about the show most was the fact that they used to crack each other up. Sometimes they could barely say their lines. Tim used to kill all of them. I really miss that show.

DallasFanSince86

Pessimism Sucks
Reaction score
Hostile;2698288 said:
General Bartford Hamilton Steele. He told the Black chopper pilot to testify against Hawkeye, "but first a number."

Then General Steele showed how it was done and proceeded right out the door. :lmao:

I love watching M*A*S*H.

DallasFanSince86

Pessimism Sucks
Reaction score
Las Vegas is a show I wish they would bring back. NBC cancelled it and ended it with a cliffhanger. :bang2:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile;2698295 said:
Yamata: "What you guys say we go down to the beacha nd shoot some clams?"

Barney: "How many of these have you had?"

Yamata: Motions him to bring his ear closer..."Mushi mushi."

Correction they were hash brownies :laugh2:

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Jon88;2698275 said:
Sounds like you didn't get much studying in if your wakeup time was 1 o'clock :eek:

No, I certainly didn't.

My "experimental stage" (shut up Yeager)....was one of several reasons my undergrad studies where spread out over 8 years. :eek::