Can't be quarterback: name one Cowboy player from the past you would put on this current team

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Because Randy Moss on his best day is the best WR that’s ever played and it’s not close.
Wow that was epic. How many of his best days did he have compared to Rice? Did he do anything substantial with his best days? Thats the shallowest take I think I have seen.

Didnt you say the same thing about Peterson? So Peterson is better Emmitt?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Wow that was epic. How many of his best days did he have compared to Rice? Did he do anything substantial with his best days? Thats the shallowest take I think I have seen.

Didnt you say the same thing about Peterson? So Peterson is better Emmitt?

What did Jim Brown do?

You don’t see how big of a hypocrite you are.

Emmitt and Jerry are the exact same.

plymkr

Reaction score
I'm trying to avoid the endless Dak debates, though I might just be fooling myself. So, you can't pick Staubach, Aikman or any other Cowboys quarterback. Aside from that, which past Cowboy player and his position would you team with this offense or defense.

Me? It's a tie between Charles Haley, Erik Williams, Larry Allen and Emmitt Smith.

I gotta go Emmitt Smith. His durability, reliability and productivity at the running back position would make us a better balanced team and even more dangerous offensively. I'm okay with the pass rush, and although I'd take an upgrade on the offensive line, I think we can get by with the line we have, provided Tyron Smith returns.
However, the lack of a running game concerns me. And I believe we'll have to lean more on that in the playoffs.

But that's my take. What's yours?
Mine is Emmitt Smith also. With this line and his running abilities our offense would be unstoppable.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
What did Jim Brown do?

You don’t see how big of a hypocrite you are.

Emmitt and Jerry are the exact same.

Brown played 9 seasons and led the league in rushing 8 of the 9. He averaged 5.2 ypc and 104 ypg for his career. Both numbers crush Emmitt's averages (4.2 ypc and 81 ypg). In his best season he averaged 133 ypg, which over a 16-game season would amount to 2128 yards (more than Dickerson's record of 2107). As it was, because seasons were 14 games back then he finished with 'only' 1863 yards that year. That's still better than Emmitt's best total (1773) over 16 games.

Nobody outside of Cowboys Nation thinks Emmitt was better than Brown. Brown was, by far, the most dominant player of his era.

Last edited:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah… Emmitts stats are way better.
Emmitt didnt average over 100 yard a game and over 5 yards a carry over the course of his career like Brown did so thats debatable

Are you ducking the Moss/Rice thing? Im still waiting for some substance from you. "Better on his best day" or whatever isnt substance.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Emmitt didnt average over 100 yard a game and over 5 yards a carry over the course of his career like Brown did so thats debatable

Are you ducking the Moss/Rice thing? Im still waiting for some substance from you. "Better on his best day" or whatever isnt substance.

No I’m not ducking anything..

You just have different standards for different players.

Emmitt is the Jerry Rice and Tom Brady of running backs.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Brown played 9 seasons and led the league in rushing 8 of the 9. He averaged 5.2 ypc and 104 ypg for his career. Both numbers crush Emmitt's averages (4.2 ypc and 81 ypg). In his best season he averaged 133 ypg, which over a 16-game season would amount to 2128 yards (more than Dickerson's record of 2107). As it was, because seasons were 14 games back then he finished with 'only' 1863 yards that year. That's still better than Emmitt's best total (1773) over 16 games.

Nobody outside of Dallas Nation thinks Emmitt was better than Brown. Brown was, by far, the most dominant player of his era.
He is just spamming bad takes for attention in this thread it seems. Moss better than Rice...... Peterson in his prime was better than any HB on their best day...

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No I’m not ducking anything..

You just have different standards for different players.

Emmitt is the Jerry Rice and Tom Brady of running backs.
Maybe he is. But there was no Jim Brown of WR's. It definitely wasn't Moss

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'm trying to avoid the endless Dak debates, though I might just be fooling myself. So, you can't pick Staubach, Aikman or any other Cowboys quarterback. Aside from that, which past Cowboy player and his position would you team with this offense or defense.

Me? It's a tie between Charles Haley, Erik Williams, Larry Allen and Emmitt Smith.

I gotta go Emmitt Smith. His durability, reliability and productivity at the running back position would make us a better balanced team and even more dangerous offensively. I'm okay with the pass rush, and although I'd take an upgrade on the offensive line, I think we can get by with the line we have, provided Tyron Smith returns.
However, the lack of a running game concerns me. And I believe we'll have to lean more on that in the playoffs.

But that's my take. What's yours?

Mr. Cowboy. Lily.

He's even at our biggest position of need, DT.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He is just spamming bad takes for attention in this thread it seems. Moss better than Rice...... Peterson in his prime was better than any HB on their best day...

If Jerry and Brady are the goat then so is Emmitt.

If we go another route then Mahomes or Rodgers, Peterson, and Moss are the best. They are the most gifted to ever play their positions.

Reactions: CWR

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Offense = Larry Allen
Defense = Darren Woodson
Special teams = Dan Bailey (before his injuries)

Didn't think of Woody, but he is a pretty good pick. He's the best version of their hopes and dreams for Neal.

Parsons and Woody at LB in nickel. That would be beautiful.