Can't bear to be silent anymore.

nathanlt

Reaction score
I am disgusted with the talk on this board, going on and on as if the Cowboys have not made a colossal blunder this offseason.

Jerry Jones sold out all the Cowboys self-respect by groveling at the feet of t.o., the Neanderthal thug, punk and self-absorbed crybaby who has already destroyed 2 NFL teams. There are not adequate words to describe the free-fall the franchise has taken by pursuing such a despicable human being. El Dorado has no business being in the NFL whatsoever, based completely on his childish attitude and unprecedented selfishness. One who has the ability to spit on teammates who welcomed him with open arms two years earlier. His selfishness is coupled with the ability to call OTHERS classless, which only adds to his delusion of the world he lives in. I can imagine little else that is more repulsive. But that would be seeing this idiot with a Super Bowl trophy in his hand, and wearing a Dallas jersey.

I am not watching ANY Dallas games until that 49er and Eagle is out of the Cowboys roster forever.

The other thing that bothers me pales in comparison to the aforementioned disaster. The entire roster, excluding Greg Ellis, has had a swapout in the last 5 years, and the roster continues to churn faster and faster. If you buy a jersey of any player on the Cowboys, there’s a 50% likelihood or greater that he’ll be gone within 5 years. If recent history is any indication, there is a 98% chance he’ll be gone in 5 years. The only safe bet is to buy a jersey of a player whose NFL career is over. The NFL has left the diehard fan in favor of the fantasy football fan who wants a pass by this quarterback to that receiver for a touchdown AGAINST his hometown team. It’s all about player moves and big money. Loyalty, teamwork and improving player skill is out the window. Parity reigns, upsets mean nothing, because there is no powerhouse to have an upset over. There are no loveable underdogs, there are no champions, there are no dynasties. Super Bowl winners only win because some team has to, not because they earned it. No team today would have a chance against any of the teams of 10 and 15 years ago. Skill has taken a major nosedive in addition to all the other problems. Big money is doing it’s best to ruin the football that I grew up with as a kid. I am not contributing to that crap anymore, no NFL Sunday ticket, no NFL channel, no hats, no jerseys NOTHING! I REFUSE TO WATCH!

The only thing I can think of is that the rest of my Dallas Cowboy fan friends have not stopped and noticed all the things that have happened. Because it is not acceptable at all!

gbrittain

Reaction score
nathanlt said:
I am disgusted with the talk on this board, going on and on as if the Cowboys have not made a colossal blunder this offseason.

Jerry Jones sold out all the Cowboys self-respect by groveling at the feet of t.o., the Neanderthal thug, punk and self-absorbed crybaby who has already destroyed 2 NFL teams. There are not adequate words to describe the free-fall the franchise has taken by pursuing such a despicable human being. El Dorado has no business being in the NFL whatsoever, based completely on his childish attitude and unprecedented selfishness. One who has the ability to spit on teammates who welcomed him with open arms two years earlier. His selfishness is coupled with the ability to call OTHERS classless, which only adds to his delusion of the world he lives in. I can imagine little else that is more repulsive. But that would be seeing this idiot with a Super Bowl trophy in his hand, and wearing a Dallas jersey.

I am not watching ANY Dallas games until that 49er and Eagle is out of the Cowboys roster forever.

The other thing that bothers me pales in comparison to the aforementioned disaster. The entire roster, excluding Greg Ellis, has had a swapout in the last 5 years, and the roster continues to churn faster and faster. If you buy a jersey of any player on the Cowboys, there’s a 50% likelihood or greater that he’ll be gone within 5 years. If recent history is any indication, there is a 98% chance he’ll be gone in 5 years. The only safe bet is to buy a jersey of a player whose NFL career is over. The NFL has left the diehard fan in favor of the fantasy football fan who wants a pass by this quarterback to that receiver for a touchdown AGAINST his hometown team. It’s all about player moves and big money. Loyalty, teamwork and improving player skill is out the window. Parity reigns, upsets mean nothing, because there is no powerhouse to have an upset over. There are no loveable underdogs, there are no champions, there are no dynasties. Super Bowl winners only win because some team has to, not because they earned it. No team today would have a chance against any of the teams of 10 and 15 years ago. Skill has taken a major nosedive in addition to all the other problems. Big money is doing it’s best to ruin the football that I grew up with as a kid. I am not contributing to that crap anymore, no NFL Sunday ticket, no NFL channel, no hats, no jerseys NOTHING! I REFUSE TO WATCH!

The only thing I can think of is that the rest of my Dallas Cowboy fan friends have not stopped and noticed all the things that have happened. Because it is not acceptable at all!

Shooo...just what I needed. A real pick me up.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Jerry Jones sold out all the Cowboys self-respect by groveling at the feet of t.o., the Neanderthal thug, punk and self-absorbed crybaby who has already destroyed 2 NFL teams. There are not adequate words to describe the free-fall the franchise has taken by pursuing such a despicable human being. El Dorado has no business being in the NFL whatsoever, based completely on his childish attitude and unprecedented selfishness. One who has the ability to spit on teammates who welcomed him with open arms two years earlier. His selfishness is coupled with the ability to call OTHERS classless, which only adds to his delusion of the world he lives in. I can imagine little else that is more repulsive.

I couldnt agree more, but you know what, I'll get over it if we have a 6th Lombardi next January

I highly doubt that

lspain1

Reaction score
Wow....TO has ruined the Cowboys and he hasn't played a down yet. I guess Nathanlt is rueing the day.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Prepare to be flamed by the apologists. Don't you realize that TO is a great guy now and everything is forgiven??

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
NFL franchises are in the business of winning. I dont like the move, but I understand the reasoning. If you care about morality and loyalty stick to college ball (which is better than the NFL IMO for the reasons mentioned)

nathanlt

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
NFL franchises are in the business of winning. I dont like the move, but I understand the reasoning. If you care about morality and loyalty stick to college ball (which is better than the NFL IMO for the reasons mentioned)

Ok, where do you start after being a one sport, one team fan for 27 years? Where? No team can ever replace the Cowboys for me. None.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
complete waste of time thread.

you call yourself a fan of 27 years but because of one player whom you happen not to like, you're going to completely quit watching and supporting?

why are you a fan in the first place? because you want to see the Boys win games and Super Bowls, or because you want every player on the team to have saved an old lady from a burning building while curing cancer and praising God before?

If I were a mod, I'd make a seperate forum called "most insignificant thread ever" and stick this one in there.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
nathanlt said:
Ok, where do you start after being a one sport, one team fan for 27 years? Where? No team can ever replace the Cowboys for me. None.

You should try watching NCAA football. The NFL pales in comparison, especially the in-person experiance. The gameday atmospheres at places like Texas, Texas A&M, Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska, etc. are simply unspeakable.

Its also nice to see players playing it for the love of the game, as most will never set foot in the NFL.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Hi Nate. Took you long enough to post again.

I'll tell you now what I told you the first time you dropped this little bomb. You're giving Terrell Owens more power, not taking it away from him. This is a self defeating tantrum. It's built to fail.

By saying he can keep you away from the team you love you're admitting he's closer to that team than you are.

Maybe it's just me, but I'll allow no man to be my master like that. I'll never wear someone else's chains. Unfortunately that's exactly what you're doing...again.

J-DOG

Reaction score
nathanlt said:

You obviously HATE Terrell Owens more than you LOVE the Cowboys.
That's pretty sad in my opinion.
I will not let one player or one incident destroy my joy of watching and rooting for the Cowboys every Sunday.
I love football to much and I am a die-hard fan who will be with them thru thick and thin.
You complain about the roster turnover??? Yo man, get with the program dude!
This aint the Landry dynasty days!
This is the salary cap era and either you adapt to the times or you get swallowed up!
This is bandwagon/front runner fan.
If you don't think so then read my first sentence and tell me who wins out?

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
nathanlt said:

You should add not reading or posting on any Cowboys forum too.

Love T.O. on the Team and can't wait to see him play.

I'd sell your soul to the Devil for the 6th Trophy.

nathanlt

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
You should try watching NCAA football. The NFL pales in comparison, especially the in-person experiance. The gameday atmospheres at places like Texas, Texas A&M, Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska, etc. are simply unspeakable.

Its also nice to see players playing it for the love of the game, as most will never set foot in the NFL.

Thanks for the encouragement. Love of the game... I miss that.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

Now you're talking!:D

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
SupermanXx said:
If I were a mod, I'd make a seperate forum called "most insignificant thread ever" and stick this one in there.
Along with that add the 10,000 threads that gripe about the media not giving TO a clean slate. He wants a clean slate, own up to his problems instead of blaming everyone else but himself!

I hated the signing (Still do), will cheer the star but never the player in the jersey, and yes Jones sold out, just like he did in 95. Let us hope this team doesn't repeat the slide that occured in the years afterwards.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
nathanlt said:

So much for credibility

http://dallascowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=784466&postcount=37

That is why, effective immediately, I am not watching the Cowboys, or posting on this board, until T.O. is gone. I request that the mods send an email notifying me when he is no longer on our roster, so that I can resume watching the games, and following the team. I love my Cowboys, I won’t watch them be torn apart by this spoiled brat.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
Now you're talking!:D

I had the pleasure of going to an OSU/Michigan in the Shoe back in 1998

WOW, I have never seen anything like it, even down here in texas. You guys REALLY hate each other.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Hi Nate. Took you long enough to post again.

I'll tell you now what I told you the first time you dropped this little bomb. You're giving Terrell Owens more power, not taking it away from him. This is a self defeating tantrum. It's built to fail.

By saying he can keep you away from the team you love you're admitting he's closer to that team than you are.

Maybe it's just me, but I'll allow no man to be my master like that. I'll never wear someone else's chains. Unfortunately that's exactly what you're doing...again.

There's no fun in the Cowboys because of him. This has nothing to do with the hypocrite story which was very powerful in your life, but has no parallel in watching football. He's closer to the team than I am? Of course he is, he's wearing a jersey. Trouble is, that's not the team I knew.

And I'm giving t.o. no power, no money, no revenue from me. That's all he cares about. If all Dallas fans refused to watch until t.o. was off the team would that force Jerry to cut him and NOT increase his power or his money.

But today's Dallas fans aren't loyal to their own star. Someone can take a dump on it, and today's fans will overlook it if the individual has talent.