Can't bear to be silent anymore.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
College football is football in is truest form. I like the NFL, but it's just a bunch of professionals working for a paycheck.

:lmao2: :lmao: :laugh1: :lmao2:

Yea those kids sure arent working for a future paycheck are they?
How many millions do those kids straight out of school get as their first paycheck?

Give me a break, its only about the love of the game to highschool and junior high kids.

Pokes28

Reaction score
Let me respond to your primary post in bits:

As for T.O. - I'd say that most of us do not like TO. Of course we respect what he brings to the field and I'll never forget what he did while in the 9er jersey. However, you do know that in his mind he wasn't dumping on the star, he was basically putting himself on the star. In a sick and twisted perspective, he was appreciating the logo. But I'm like most people that wasn't wanting him on the team, but once he's signed, trying to do all we can to put the best face on things.

As for the turnover in the last 5 years... Don't you think it was needed? Personally, when I look back at some of the names that were on the squad even 3 years ago, I'm amazed that we won the games that we did. From an athletic standpoint, there is no way that anybody could look at this roster and compare it to the roster of 5 years ago and not think that it isn't far superior.

You brought up that you can't buy a jersey and expect that player to be on the roster 5 years from now. That has been the case since the start of free agency. Sure you will have guys like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady that will be with their teams for many many years, but most teams are having severe turnover. If you want a jersey that will still matter in 5 years, buy the jersey of a retired player. Buy a Woodson, Emmitt, Lilly, Randy White, Staubach, etc.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Nav22 said:
Okay. So am I right to assume you also prefer college b-ball to the NBA? And college baseball to the MLB? And college hockey to the NHL?

I dont watch hockey or baseball at any level, but I do prefer NCAA basketball to the NBA

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill said:
:lmao2: :lmao: :laugh1: :lmao2:

Yea those kids sure arent working for a future paycheck are they?
How many millions do those kids straight out of school get as their first paycheck?

Give me a break, its only about the love of the game to highschool and junior high kids.

Most are not

95% of all NCAA football players will never even try to enter the draft, let alone play in the NFL. Most are there playing to pay for school and because they love it.

Trust me, its why I do it (or at least did).

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
nathanlt said:
Look, I shouldn't have said you were a 49er fan... but man, I'm serious, wake up!! Today's Dallas fans have continued to cheer for the Cowboys. It won't be long until you're cheering for him! You're gonna be a t.o. fan if you continue this way.

I WON'T cross that line! I'm not going to get close to it. That guy is an imbecile!

I am wide awake, and wearing my Dallas colors. I cheer for laundry brother. I WILL NOT abandon my team of 20 years because of 1 person, no one person has that much control over my life (except my wife)

If you wish to quit on the Cowboys that is your perogative, but don't come here and try to say the ones who do not quit on their team are the unloyal ones. Loyalty is sticking around during the good times AND THE BAD.

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Adios....don't let the door hit ya....
Words out of my mouth. Not sure where you'll be during the SB nathanlt...I'll be cheering on my Boys.

nathanlt

Reaction score
zrinkill said:
If you abandon "you're team" because they picked up one guy who you dont like .......... then cry about people not "defending" the star.

Thats Irony ............ and a little sad

No... you actually need to go get a dictionary for irony... look up "your" as well.

The star is a symbol, the team is becoming a rapid rotation of people through jerseys with stars on them... The star is the only thing constant with the Cowboys. My only recourse to defend the star is to protest T.O. and boycott all his games. That's not irony.

Shaun

Reaction score
nathanlt said:
loyalty to the star means you defend it and view those who desecrate it as enemies.

Roy did shatter his leg. Do you want him to be burned at the stake as well?

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
if you don't cheer for "your" team because they sign a player that you don't like thats sad......in this day of football theres alot of that going.....a roll model player that never does anything wrong might find himself not with the team anymore thats just the way it is...so yeah buying a jersey from a player is a gamble but thats they way it goes...i got like 8 or 9 jerseys only 2 so far aren't there..... D. Sanders...Q. Carter....and Roy W....T New.....2 with my name......and 2 TO jerseys.....all authenic so i know about buying jerseys and the player very well not be there not in 5 years sheesh like 1 or 2....so im gonna cheer for T.O. hes on my team....i don't feel jerry sold out...if he didn't someone else would!!!

nathanlt

Reaction score
Cheering for laundry... but you don't care if someone desecrates the star... the only constant in the whole organization.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
nathanlt said:
Cheering for laundry... but you don't care if someone desecrates the star... the only constant in the whole organization.

Like I said IT IS ONE GUY, I will not abandon the other 52 because of 1.

By all means don't watch ( we all know you will ), and continue to let TO control your life. I won;t let it control mine

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
nathanlt said:
Jerry Jones seems to have gotten over it, what's your deal?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
nathanlt said:
No... you actually need to go get a dictionary for irony... look up "your" as well.

The star is a symbol, the team is becoming a rapid rotation of people through jerseys with stars on them... The star is the only thing constant with the Cowboys. My only recourse to defend the star is to protest T.O. and boycott all his games. That's not irony.

Reverted to typing police already huh kid?

I will type real slow for ya ......... how is that?

Its Ironic for someone like you to call others disloyal. Now google away for some typing mistakes to cry about. :p:

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
nathanlt said:

So answer me this, were you a fan of the 90s team that cheated on their wives, did drugs, slept with prostitutes with a coach that brought a loaded gun to an airport and came from a college full of "Shootin' Rapin' and Dopin'"? Are you proud of those Superbowls that were won with players who broke the law or do you boycott those as well?

Did you cheer Deion as a Cowboy? Haley as a Cowboy? If you answered yes to any of the above than that, is irony.

gbrittain

Reaction score
nathanlt said:
I am disgusted with the talk on this board, going on and on as if the Cowboys have not made a colossal blunder this offseason.

Jerry Jones sold out all the Cowboys self-respect by groveling at the feet of t.o., the Neanderthal thug, punk and self-absorbed crybaby who has already destroyed 2 NFL teams. There are not adequate words to describe the free-fall the franchise has taken by pursuing such a despicable human being. El Dorado has no business being in the NFL whatsoever, based completely on his childish attitude and unprecedented selfishness. One who has the ability to spit on teammates who welcomed him with open arms two years earlier. His selfishness is coupled with the ability to call OTHERS classless, which only adds to his delusion of the world he lives in. I can imagine little else that is more repulsive. But that would be seeing this idiot with a Super Bowl trophy in his hand, and wearing a Dallas jersey.

I am not watching ANY Dallas games until that 49er and Eagle is out of the Cowboys roster forever.

The other thing that bothers me pales in comparison to the aforementioned disaster. The entire roster, excluding Greg Ellis, has had a swapout in the last 5 years, and the roster continues to churn faster and faster. If you buy a jersey of any player on the Cowboys, there’s a 50% likelihood or greater that he’ll be gone within 5 years. If recent history is any indication, there is a 98% chance he’ll be gone in 5 years. The only safe bet is to buy a jersey of a player whose NFL career is over. The NFL has left the diehard fan in favor of the fantasy football fan who wants a pass by this quarterback to that receiver for a touchdown AGAINST his hometown team. It’s all about player moves and big money. Loyalty, teamwork and improving player skill is out the window. Parity reigns, upsets mean nothing, because there is no powerhouse to have an upset over. There are no loveable underdogs, there are no champions, there are no dynasties. Super Bowl winners only win because some team has to, not because they earned it. No team today would have a chance against any of the teams of 10 and 15 years ago. Skill has taken a major nosedive in addition to all the other problems. Big money is doing it’s best to ruin the football that I grew up with as a kid. I am not contributing to that crap anymore, no NFL Sunday ticket, no NFL channel, no hats, no jerseys NOTHING! I REFUSE TO WATCH!

The only thing I can think of is that the rest of my Dallas Cowboy fan friends have not stopped and noticed all the things that have happened. Because it is not acceptable at all!

Jerry Jones sold out all the Cowboys self-respect by groveling at the feet of t.o.,

Did he sell out by keeping a druggie on the team in Michael Irvin? How about when we brought in Charles Haley who had more than worn out his welcome in SF and enjoyed relieving himself on a coach's car?

has already destroyed 2 NFL teams

Care to elaborate? Are we talking one season, a decade, forever, or etc...? No one player can destroy a team. The 49ers can not use TO as an excuse for their ineptitude nor will the Eagles be able to blame any of their short comings this year if they have any on TO.

There are not adequate words to describe the free-fall the franchise has taken by pursuing such a despicable human being

He is an idiot, who likes to think about me, me and me. He is hardly the only guy like that in the NFL. When you take into account all the busted drug users, DUIs, DWIs, wife beaters, drug dealers, murderers, and shall I go on. There are guys way worse than TO in the NFL.

I can imagine little else that is more repulsive. But that would be seeing this idiot with a Super Bowl trophy in his hand, and wearing a Dallas jersey.

I will do cart-wheels if we win a Super Bowl this year as 99% of most Dallas fans will.

The entire roster, excluding Greg Ellis, has had a swapout in the last 5 years, and the roster continues to churn faster and faster

Thats because we pretty much sucked the last 5 years and that is what teams do when they suck. They try to get rid of the suckage.

The NFL has left the diehard fan in favor of the fantasy football fan who wants a pass by this quarterback to that receiver for a touchdown AGAINST his hometown team.

That is a pretty big generalization that you in no way can substantiate. Has that happened...oh I am sure it has. You probably even know someone who has done just that. I for one have never known any one to do so.

Loyalty, teamwork and improving player skill is out the window. Parity reigns, upsets mean nothing

Loyalty you have at least a leg to stand on, but teamwork and improving player skill out the window. Come on...give me a break.

There are no loveable underdogs, there are no champions, there are no dynasties

No loveable underdogs what does that mean? I really dont get it. Did there used to be a perennial underdog that everyone had a soft spot in their heart for? What did I miss? No champions??? Ok. Not sure what you mean there either. Wasn't Dallas considered a dynasty when they won 3 out of 4
Super Bowls? Didn't the Patriots win 3 out of 4 Super Bowls here recently.

Super Bowl winners only win because some team has to, not because they earned it.

Seriously, you are not making sense at all. I guess that is why the Cardinals have won so much here lately.

No team today would have a chance against any of the teams of 10 and 15 years ago.

Yeah, there is some truth there. I would not say they would not have a chance, but I would agree that the few elite teams of a decade ago were a little stronger than those now days.

Skill has taken a major nosedive in addition to all the other problems

Skill is not the problem. The NFL has expanded by four teams. That is a lot of talent that has to be spread around. Eliminate four teams today and the talent level and depth quality would increase substantially across the NFL.

I am not contributing to that crap anymore, no NFL Sunday ticket, no NFL channel, no hats, no jerseys NOTHING! I REFUSE TO WATCH!

You are most certainly entitled to do so, but I think you are letting TO cloud your judgement big time. The NFL is full of bad guys and yes many of them worse than TO. Some of the bad guys you do not even know about. TO just happens to have big talent and one of the bigger mouths in the NFL which will automatically give you lots of attention.

I am not preaching to you and like I just said you are certainly entitled to do whatever you feel you need and want to do. I just think you need to take step back and realize that yes you despise TO personally, but understand that you are not going to let one annoying guy ruin something you love and enjoy very much like the Cowboys.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Honestly, I have no clue why anyone would write such a diatribe against someone who's never broken the law, but has only got into an issue with two former teams, one because of losing, the other because of management and money (both issues having some legitimacy).

The Star isn't the "cross" or the "star of david" or whatever religious symbol. And last time I checked, it's not like he pulled down his pants and started pissing on it.

I've never disliked TO when he was on the 49ers or the Eagles. He's a football player - not a saint.

Why some of you go overboard is beyond me. Must be some sort of media brainwashing or something.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
SultanOfSix said:
Honestly, I have no clue why anyone would write such a diatribe against someone who's never broken the law, but has only got into an issue with two former teams, one because of losing, the other because of management and money (both issues having some legitimacy).

The Star isn't the "cross" or the "star of david" or whatever religious symbol. And last time I checked, it's not like he pulled down his pants and started pissing on it.

I've never disliked TO when he was on the 49ers or the Eagles. He's a football player - not a saint.

Why some of you go overboard is beyond me. Must be some sort of media brainwashing or something.

While you have a point, dont act like you werent laughing your arse off when he did what he did in Philly

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
I had the pleasure of going to an OSU/Michigan in the Shoe back in 1998

WOW, I have never seen anything like it, even down here in texas. You guys REALLY hate each other.

You know I went to last years Monday night Game against the Commanders and it really wasn't even close to the Ohio St vs Michigan games atmosphere.

You've Been to the Shoe so you know what I'm talking about.

And Yes we REALLY hate that Team up North!:D

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
nathanlt said:
Jerry Jones sold out all the Cowboys self-respect by groveling at the feet of t.o., the Neanderthal thug, punk and self-absorbed crybaby who has already destroyed 2 NFL teams. There are not adequate words to describe the free-fall the franchise has taken by pursuing such a despicable human being. El Dorado has no business being in the NFL whatsoever, based completely on his childish attitude and unprecedented selfishness. One who has the ability to spit on teammates who welcomed him with open arms two years earlier. His selfishness is coupled with the ability to call OTHERS classless, which only adds to his delusion of the world he lives in. I can imagine little else that is more repulsive. But that would be seeing this idiot with a Super Bowl trophy in his hand, and wearing a Dallas jersey.

I really don't understand this stand.

Yes, Owens is selfish, self-absorbed, childish, etc., but why would him winning a Super Bowl trophy with Dallas bother you anymore than Irvin winning one ... or Leon Lett ... or any of the Cowboys who helped give Dallas a reputation in the 1990s of being full of criminals?

Do you rail against those players and disown their accomplishments as Cowboys, or is your anger saved only for players who have committed lesser true injustices?

IMO, you should have stopped being a Cowboys fan a long time ago if your criteria is rooting for a team without "problem" players.